The White mayonnaise cake recipe is a moist, delicious cake that rises to the top as it cools. It’s light and airy with a rich vanilla flavor.
In addition, this cake is even good for people with egg allergies. The vanilla flavor in the recipe comes from adding a bit of vanilla extract to the cake batter.
This is a must-try and incredibly easy recipe!
This cake also freezes well to enjoy it whenever it is needed.
How To Make A White Mayonnaise Cake Recipe?
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ Cup cake flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Package of unsweetened or flavored instant pudding, one stick butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 cups sugar (plus 1 Tbs. for sprinkling on top)
- 1 Tsp of vanilla extract
- 3 cups milk (whole milk – 2%, 1%, or fat-free, are all acceptable )
- 2 packages of instant vanilla pudding mix(s) (plain), one cup sour cream one cup mayonnaise (do not substitute for salad dressing. Mayo is the best.)
1. Sprinkle 1 Tablespoon sugar on top of your bottom cake layer.
2. Place 1 cup of milk and 2 pkg of instant pudding in a bowl. Mix them until the pudding is dissolved, about 2 minutes.
3. In a 9-inch by 13-inch cake pan, pour this mix at the bottom of your pan.
4. Sprinkle 2 Tbs sugar on the creamy layer to make it nice and sweet.
5. Place 1 Cup of Mayonnaise, 1 Cup of Sour Cream, and 2 pkg of instant pudding in a bowl and mix them until the pudding is dissolved.
6. Put this mix over the creamy layer you just made.
7. Top with your final cake layer, sprinkle it with 2 Tbs sugar and spread more sour cream over the top of this layer. This will ensure that it doesn’t dry out when baking in the oven for 30 minutes.
8. Place this cake in the oven, and cook at 350°F for 30 minutes, then check your cake by inserting a butter knife into the top of your cake.
9. If it is ready, it will come out clean when you press on it with the knife.
You must read the entire recipe before making this cake because many small steps have to be completed properly to get beautiful light and flaky White mayonnaise cake recipe.
Data per serving:
|Total Fat||6 gm|
|Carbohydrate, by the difference||66 gm|
|Fiber, total dietary||3gm|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
How Can I Substitute The Mayonnaise In A Cake Mix?
You can naturally add it if the cake mix manufacturer has replaced mayonnaise with oil. The oil will help compensate for mayonnaise would have been provided.
The cake’s texture will be a little denser because of the moisture that mayonnaise adds to cakes and is an integral part of most cake recipes.
If you are concerned about portion control, you can substitute ¼ cup of applesauce or mashed bananas for ¼ cup of oil if they fit into your weight loss program.
Best 7 Health Benefits Of White Mayonnaise Cake Recipe
1. You can prepare this cake with no eggs, so it is a perfect alternative for those allergic to eggs.
2. It is also a good source of calcium because of the milk and the sour cream used in the recipe.
3. It has lots of dietary fiber, which helps to keep your digestive system healthy and functioning properly.
4. 1 medium (1 oz) serving also contains about 42% of the daily requirement for Vitamin C that your body needs.
5. It also contains Potassium and Cholesterol, both of which the body needs to function properly.
6. This recipe is high in protein because of the egg substitute used in place of eggs to make it low-calorie and for people on weight loss programs.
7. Lastly, this recipe is calorie-free.
Is The White Mayonnaise Cake Recipe Good Food?
There are a lot of desserts that you can find out there. You may get tempted to eat them all because they look so delicious and tempting to your palate. However, you need to know what foods are safe for your diet and are healthy for your body.
Can You Use Mayonnaise Instead Of Eggs In A Cake?
You can use mayonnaise in place of eggs if you are dieting. If using 1 Tbs of oil per cup of flour, the nutritional values will remain the same as if you used 1 egg. Use ½ tsp baking powder to substitute for ¼ tsp baking soda, and add ½ tsp vanilla extract for ¼ tsp vanilla.
What Does Mayonnaise Do To A Cake?
Mayonnaise gives a cake flavor, moisture, and texture. If a recipe you are trying to make calls for mayonnaise, it is important to remember that it will not be the same if you swap in salad dressing or some other type of oil.
When substituting in the recipes below with mayonnaise or making your homemade versions without mayonnaise, look for the moisture level of your cake mix for guidance when adding extra milk or liquid.
Can You Substitute Mayonnaise For Butter In A Cake?
You can replace the Butter 1 stick of butter with ½ cup of mayonnaise; however, it will make the cake moister.
The texture and flakiness will remain, but the added moisture will make it a little denser than if you used butter. Most people find that this texture is preferable in their baked goods.
White mayonnaise cake is an excellent cake to have with your favorite summer foods. I always make it when I bake and serve at our summer family potluck dinners. You will agree that this cake is an excellent addition to your table.
Good luck! If you find any mistakes or additional information you would like to share about this White mayonnaise recipe, please leave a comment below so it can be corrected.