The white fruit cake recipe is a classic recipe loved by many. It is traditionally served at birthdays, weddings, and anniversaries. It is a good choice for schools as well.
It is best made in spring when fruits are abundant and cheap. This cake is made with fresh fruits of your choice.
For example, you may come across a recipe that uses blueberries and raspberries. If you want to prepare this cake during the summer or fall, use strawberries instead because they are available all year long.
This recipe can make other types of fruit cakes like yellow fruit cake or black forest fruit cake or strawberry cake etc.
How To Make White Fruit Cake Recipe?
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Egg whites – 3-4.
- Butter – ½ cup (room temperature).
- Sugar – 1½ cups.
- Flour – 2 cups.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Vanilla essence – 2 tsp.
- Fruit of your choice (chopped). Here I have used oranges and apples in about equal amounts. You can use any fruit you wish, e.g., bananas, strawberries, peaches, plums, etc.
1) Preheat oven to 150 °C. Beat egg whites and butter until the mixture forms stiff peaks.
2)Mix flour, ⅔ cup sour cream, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
3)Add the flour mixture to the egg whites and mix well until smooth. Stir in fruits of your choice (chopped).
4) Spread the batter in a greased, all-around cake pan (28 x 26 cm).
5)Bake for about 1¼ hours or until done. Test with a toothpick. When done, the toothpick should come out clean.
6) Remove from the oven and let it cool before slicing and serving.
The White fruit cake recipe is perfect for weddings, birthdays, and other special occasions. You can make this cake in advance and keep it for about a week in the refrigerator.
If you want to use frozen fruits to make this cake, then freeze them first so that they thaw completely before mixing into the batter (check your berries carefully). You will find this cake delicious.
Nutrition Fact Of White Fruit Cake Recipe
|Total fat||2 g|
|Saturated fat||1.2 g|
7 Amazing Health Benefits Of White Fruit Cake Recipe
Here are the 7 Benefits of this recipe:
1. White fruit cake recipe is perfect for weddings.
2. White fruit cake recipe is a good choice for schools. This is a good cake for celebrating special occasions like birthdays and anniversaries.
3. White fruit cake recipe helps keep your bones strong, build healthy bones, and grow taller than your peers because of its vitamin D.
4. This recipe contributes to your heart health because it contains low saturated fat and cholesterol.
5. This fruit cake helps boost your immunity and protects you from diseases.
6. The fruit cake is a good source of fiber that helps regulate your digestive system and gives you a feeling of fullness for longer periods.
7. White fruit cake recipe is a good source of Vitamin E.
Is It Is It Healthy For Pregnant Women?
Yes, this fruit cake is healthy for pregnant women because it contains folic acid and calcium, which are very critical nutrients for the growth and development of your new baby. Calcium is also required to build strong bones and teeth.
Can I Freeze It?
Yes, you can! You can freeze this fruit cake for up to a month. When you want to make it from frozen, thaw it out in the refrigerator overnight and keep it in the refrigerator for about a week or until you are ready to serve.
How Many Portions Do You Make From This Recipe?
Depending on how big your serving dish is, you can make about 30 small portions or about 50 large portions from this White fruit cake recipe.
Can I Make This Fruit Cake Ahead Of Time?
Yes, you can bake the cake ahead of time and store it for about a week in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
What Makes It So Special?
I think it is because of the preparation. This recipe uses many different ingredients to create a unique taste that combines every fiber of your being and makes you want more after every serving.
Can I Feed This To My Children And Pregnant Women?
Yes, you are certainly free to do so. I suggest that you read the labels on your foods and check their nutritional information before feeding them to your children and pregnant women.
Why Do You Suggest Using Fresh Fruits In This Recipe?
Fresh fruits provide many antioxidants that are very good for our health. For example, they reduce inflammation due to free radicals in our body and help maintain a healthy blood pressure level.
The white fruit cake recipe is very delicious and easy to make. It contains a lot of nutrients and is high in proteins and fibers.
I hope this White fruit cake recipe will enrich your life and make you feel happy. Perhaps it can be a new choice for your special occasions like birthdays and anniversaries.
I have made this fruit cake several times and can testify that it is delicious, sweet, and satisfying.
Thank you for reading my White fruit cake recipe. To know more information, please comment below!