The Warm butter cake recipe is a recipe for a light and fluffy cake with a gooey, buttery center. The cake is made from four simple ingredients: eggs, sugar, melted butter, and flour.
This recipe mostly relies on the oven to cook the cake instead of cooking on a stovetop like most cakes.
This recipe was originally published in The New York Times in 1884, but it has been popularized more recently by the Barefoot Contessa Ina Garten.
How To Make Warm Butter Cake Recipe?
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour (can also use all-purpose flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon table salt
Step-1. Preheat the oven to 400 F (200 C).
Step-2. Butter a 9″ x 13″ baking pan thoroughly, then dust with flour.
Step-3. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
Step-4. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together, then add alternately with buttermilk into the creamed mixture in three batches.
Step-5. The batter will be a bit lumpy, and that is okay. Pour into pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Note: The baking time may vary based on the oven so keep an eye on the cake. If the top starts to brown too much, cover it with foil until done.
Step-6. Cool for 15 minutes in the pan, then turns onto a rack to cool completely. Note: If you transfer it too soon, it might fall apart!
Step-7. Sift confectioners sugar over it just before serving.
1. Any cake flour brand will do. I have used both King Arthur and Edmonds. If you use the all-purpose flour, you will have to add 1 tablespoon of baking powder to ensure it does not get soggy in the middle like other cakes made with all-purpose flour.
2. You can also use cream cheese frosting here, but I prefer the flavor from butter, so I have not taken that option!
Nutrition Analysis Of Warm Butter Cake Recipe
|Calories from Fat||39%|
Is It Healthy?
Yes, it is. The main ingredient is butter which is a great source for vitamins A, D, E, and K. It also contains dietary fiber, minerals, and protein.
Is It Gluten-Free?
Yes. It contains flour, so not suitable for those on a gluten-free diet.
Is It Paleo?
No. It contains some sugar and eggs, which would not be recommended in a paleo diet.
What Is Paleo Diet?
The Paleo diet is similar to Atkins, but the main focus is whole, natural foods for optimum health. There is no specific recipe in this diet as it relies on your macros (sugar/carb count) to guide you towards the right food choices.
Best 10 Healthy Benefits Of Warm Butter Cake Recipe
1. Excellent source of vitamin A, D, and K.
2. High in dietary fiber and protein.
3. Helps with blood sugar control due to fiber content.
4. Helps with digestion due to high fiber content.
5. It Helps regulate your appetite since it contains protein.
6. Can be made ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to use, can be served cold or warmed up in the oven once cooled down (optional).
7. Helps with weight loss since it has low glycemic and high protein content.
8. It Has a long shelf life, so it can be stored in your freezer to make ahead of time.
9. May helps reduce blood pressure due to increased potassium content.
10. Helps with skin conditions such as acne, eczema, psoriasis, and more due to a large amount of vitamin E.
How To Lower Blood Pressure Naturally?
Yes. It helps with blood pressure control due to its high fiber and protein content.
Is It Suitable For Heart Patient?
No. There are some saturated fats in the recipe. However, it contains a lot of potassium and does not have any added sugars, so it is still acceptable for a heart patient on a low-carb diet.
This cake is easy to make, delicious, and low in calories. It can be served warm or cold. This recipe is perfect for the holidays, and you can make it ahead of time and keep it refrigerated or frozen until ready to use!