Vanilla Mousse Cake Recipe is a light, moist, and fluffy vanilla cake. This is your perfect dessert!
The cake’s moist texture and mild vanilla flavor pair brilliantly with the creaminess of the homemade vanilla custard. It’s perfection in a slice!
The secret to this spongy sponge cake is baking it in a tube pan then cutting it into wedges before chilling for about 2 hours to rise slowly and fully set into firm layers.
How to make Vanilla Mousse Cake Recipe
- 2/3 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour, sifted
- 12 ounces (about 2 cups) whipped cream or heavy whipping cream, chilled
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar (optional)
1. Place the cake pan in a large mixing bowl.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat the cream and sugar in a large saucepan until the mixture is thick and fluffy.
3. Set aside while you prepare the cake batter.
4. Put all of the ingredients for the cake batter, except for the vanilla pudding mix and buttermilk, in a medium bowl and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth, 2-3 minutes.
5. Add the vanilla pudding mix and buttermilk and beat for 1 more minute to incorporate the ingredients well.
6. Pour about 2/3 of the cake batter into a large bowl.
7. Add 2 tablespoons of sugar and all of the whipped cream.
8. Mix well using an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth, about 3-5 minutes.
9. Set aside.
10. Add the remaining cake batter to the large mixing bowl and mix well using an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth, about 3-5 minutes.
11. Pour 1 cup of vanilla pudding batter into the cake pan and pour all of the whipped cream mixtures on top, spreading with a spatula if needed.
12. Repeat step 11 one more time by pouring another 1 cup of vanilla pudding batter over the whipped cream mixture and sprinkling 1 tablespoon sugar over it.
13. Bake at 300° F for 45-50 minutes or until the top of the cake is lightly browned, and when a toothpick is inserted into the center, it comes out clean.
14. Immediately place the cake pan on a cooling rack and cool for 15 minutes.
15. Run a sharp knife around the edge of the pan to loosen the cake, then invert on to a serving plate using smooth edges of your hands or a large spatula to help lift it from its side and remove it from the pan.
16. Allow cooling completely before serving.
Nutrition facts of Vanilla Mousse Cake Recipe
|Total Fat||Total Fat|
|Total Carbohydrate||19.8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0.2 g|
Top 5 Healthy Nutrition of Vanilla Mousse Cake Recipe
1. Protein. The cake is low in fat and high in protein content. Protein is needed to build muscles, tissues, skin, nails, and hair.
2. Vitamins and Minerals. The recipe contains vitamin A, which is good for eyesight; vitamin B6 is important for immune system health; and vitamin C, which enhances iron absorption from other foods.
It also contains calcium for building strong bones, Vitamin D for the absorption of calcium by the body, and potassium for lowering blood pressure when consumed with sodium-containing salt (sodium).
3. Iron. When the recipe is prepared and eaten as one serving, it already contains 3 milligrams of iron, about 20% of daily recommended iron intake for women and 8% for men.
However, if you will prepare two servings simultaneously, you need to add the 2 milligrams from a slice of cheese and another 2 from a piece of cucumber, and 2 milligrams from a cup of chopped lettuce.
4. Vitamin C. The recipe also contains vitamin C, which enhances iron absorption from other foods when consumed with vitamin D. This vitamin is important for the immune system’s health.
5. Fiber. The recipe contains dietary fiber, which is a type of carbohydrate that helps lower cholesterol levels and moves food through the digestive system without being broken down into simple sugars,
making it a more accurate energy source to use for your body compared with a simple sugar like glucose.
Is It Vanilla Mousse Cake Recipe Healthy?
Yes, this cake is not only delicious but also very healthy. It is low in fat and high in protein content. Protein is needed to build muscles, tissues, skin, nails, and hair.
And the recipe is also packed with vitamins and minerals essential for a well-balanced diet.
Is Vanilla Mousse Cake Recipe Vegan?
Yes, it is completely dairy-free and egg-free and is vegan too! The recipe uses oil to grease the cake pan, and a dairy-free alternative is also used. You can check out the ingredients list below.
Is It Gluten-Free?
Yes, the recipe is naturally gluten-free. It does not contain any wheat or gluten products like cake flour, all-purpose flour, or malt flour.
Is It Keto-Friendly?
Yes, this recipe is Keto friendly! It uses butter, cream, and sugar instead of grain like wheat flour or malt flour.
The ingredients are also low in carbohydrates, so you can have a slice in a day without worrying about your weight and health.
The Bottom Line
What do you think about this recipe? Have anything else to share? Feel free to drop us a comment below! We would love to hear from you.