The Tutti frutti cake recipe is one of the most popular recipes in America. They are easy to make and delicious to eat. Here is a quick tutorial on making this cake from start to finish.
Brandie, who is the host of “The Exterminating Angel” show, shares her Tutti Frutti Cake with you by giving you a basic recipe for one that includes chocolate frosting with just enough sugar and citric acid in it, so it’s not too sweet.
It would help if you used soft butter and egg yolk. You can even beat an egg yolk on your hand to make it more fluffy.
If you want to use a different type of frosting to cascade or drizzle down the sides of your cake, you can do so as well. The important thing is to make it pretty.
How To Make Tutti Frutti Cake Recipe?
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Total Time: 55 Minutes
- 1 ¼ tablespoon vinegar
- ¾ to 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup melted butter
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 270 ml milk
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoon baking powder
Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan.
Mix the flour, all-purpose flour, tutti fruiti, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
In another small bowl, mix the sugar and melted butter until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add in the milk in a slow stream while mixing at medium speed.
Beat in the vinegar, vanilla extract, and egg yolks. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and mix at medium speed for about 2 minutes.
Pour the batter into your cake pan, place it on a cookie sheet and bake in the preheated oven for about 35-40 minutes or until the top of your cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Cool the cake in the pan for about 10 minutes before removing it and placing it back on a rack to finish cooling.
Mix the sugar and citric acid together in a bowl to prepare the frosting. Add a teaspoon of water and then slowly add the butter in small amounts while mixing at medium speed.
Add more sugar or citric acid if needed, so it’s not too sweet or sour respectively. Once you get a frosting you like, pour it into your cake decorating bag and pipe on top of your cooled cake. Enjoy it!
Nutrition Facts Of Tutti Frutti Cake Recipe
10 Best Health Benefits Of Tutti Frutti Cake Recipe
1. Tutti frutti cake recipe is rich in vitamins and minerals.
2. Tutti frutti cake recipe provides a good amount of iron essential for hemoglobin production.
3. Tutti frutti cake recipe is also a source of calcium that helps build bone density and hardness, and magnesium, another mineral required for bone development.
4. It also contains potassium, phosphorus, and vitamin C that help regulate blood pressure, provide better sleep & reduce the risk of cancer & hypertension.
5. The Tutti frutti cake recipe is also rich in vitamin B-2 and vitamin E with antioxidant properties.
6. It contains a significant amount of potassium, manganese, and niacin that helps lower the risk of cancer and keeps you fit.
7. Tutti frutti cake recipe also helps prevent vascular dementia, heart diseases, high blood pressure, increase immunity and maintain good health overall.
8. Tutti frutti cake recipe also contains significant amounts of copper, iron, calcium, zinc, and selenium required for the production of red blood cells and growth.
9. Tutti frutti cake recipe also contains vitamin B-6 required for the production of serotonin, a neurotransmitter that controls mood, appetite, and sleep cycles.
10. It also contains dietary fiber, which helps prevent constipation, lowers cholesterol levels, and is beneficial for digestive health in general.
Is It Suitable For Heart Patients?
Yes, it is accustomed to satisfy diabetic issues, heart patients, and people with blood pressure issues.
Is It Safe For Diabetics?
Yes, it is safe for diabetic patients as this cake is rich in vitamin B-6 and potassium required for carbohydrate metabolism.
Is It Suitable For People Suffering From High Blood Pressure?
The Tutti frutti cake recipe is good for people suffering from high blood pressure as it contains calcium, magnesium, and potassium, which are needed to keep your heart healthy.
Can I Bake This Cake Ahead And Refrigerate It?
Tutty Frutti cake is perfect for your kid’s birthday and functions. You can bake this cake a day before and refrigerate it for future use. Cover the cake with plastic wrap or aluminum foil to keep the moisture off.
Can I Use Different Types Of Frosting For Making Tutti Frutti Cake Recipe?
You can use a different type of frosting for this but ensure that it is stiff enough to hold its shape while pouring over the sides of your cake.
It is a fantastic recipe to make, and it can be modified to make many cakes with different flavors, like coconut or peach.
The yummy tutti frutti cake recipe will surely get you the best birthday cake ever. Let me know your comments below.
Thank you for reading!