Turkey Divan Recipe with Curry is a delicious recipe perfect for fall. The flavors of this dish suggest a nice mix of sweet, salty, and sour.
It is made with toasted wheat germ, raisins, almonds, currants, honey, and the turkey breast. It’s oven-baked and topped with a shallot vinaigrette reduced down for extra flavor.
How to Make Turkey Divan Recipe With Curry?
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4 people
Ingredients for Turkey Divan Recipe With Curry
- 3 cups of Cooked Turkey or Chicken, Rotisserie from the store is perfect!
- 2 cups Fresh Broccoli, Chopped
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup (Mushroom, Celery, Potato work, too!)
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 juice Lemon
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheese, Swiss, Cheddar, Gruyere, whatever you choose
- 1/2 cup Crushed Corn Flakes or bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp Melted Butter
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese, grated
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a 9×13 baking pan by greasing or lining it with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, stir the cooked turkey, cream of chicken soup, mayonnaise, curry powder, lemon juice, and grated parmesan cheese until well combined.
3. Pat the mixture onto the bottom of your prepared baking dish and set aside.
4. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the broccoli to the boiling water. Cook for about 2 minutes, then remove from the pot. Put into ice-cold water to stop it from cooking any further. Drain and set aside.
5. In a small bowl, mix the melted butter, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper until well combined. Spread this mixture over the turkey mixture in your baking dish and top with your cooked broccoli florets. Add more salt and pepper if you like!
6. Sprinkle the turkey mix with the corn flakes or bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
7. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes until hot and bubbly.
8. Serve warm with a side salad, and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts of Turkey Divan Recipe With Curry
Best 10 Health Benefits of Turkey Divan Recipe With Curry
1. Turkey is a great source of protein and amino acids, especially tryptophan. Tryptophan is used in the brain to make serotonin, making you feel relaxed.
2. Turkey also contains vitamin B6, which can help reduce stress and anxiety.
3. Folate, another B vitamin found in turkey, is essential for producing serotonin and norepinephrine in the brain.
4. Turkey has many nutrients which help contribute to a healthy heart, including protein, phosphorous, zinc, and niacin.
5. Turkey also contains selenium, which is essential for the production of glutathione, known for its anti-oxidant properties.
6. Zinc helps control your appetite and regulates thyroid hormone levels.
7. An excellent source of vitamin B12, another in the B family that helps produce energy in the body.
8. Vitamin B12 is required for red blood cell formation and healthy blood cell formation.
9. Niacin is also known as vitamin B3, which helps maintain healthy skin, hair, and eyes and produces energy in the body by burning fat.
10. Phosphorus helps the body form bones, teeth, ligaments, and cartilage and makes DNA (atoms of the genetic material).
Can I Freeze Turkey Divan Recipe With Curry?
You can freeze Turkey Divan Recipe With Curry. However, the fresh ingredients in the sauce will lose some of their flavor and nutritional properties.
If you would like to freeze this casserole, we suggest preparing it without the sauce and adding it when ready to eat.
Is It Good for Everybody?
Turkey Divan Recipe With Curry is a healthy option for almost everyone. Turkey is high in protein, so it’s great for weight lifters.
It has omega-3s and B vitamins which are good for heart health. It contains no added fat, which is great for people with high cholesterol and diabetes.
Pregnant women can enjoy the turkey Divan Recipe With Curry because it’s high in protein, folic acid, and iron.
How Much Of Each Ingredient Do I Need For The Turkey Divan Recipe With Curry?
The only measurement you have to get is 1/2 cup of bread crumbs and 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese.
Do I Really Need To Use Fresh Corn Flakes?
We prefer using fresh corn flakes, but you can use regular whole-grain cornflakes instead to save some time or money.
Can I Use Chicken Instead Of Turkey In The Turkey Divan Recipe With Curry?
You can use chicken breast, but we recommend cooking it in a broth or pan with a little oil to avoid increasing the saturated fat content.
How Do I Add More Protein To This Recipe?
You can add some lean ground beef or pork sausage to the mix to increase this dish’s protein and fiber content. Some Greek yogurt is also a good option as it contains more protein than regular yogurt.
Turkey is a great source of protein, vitamins, and minerals. It is a good option for those looking to increase the amount of protein in their diet.
This casserole can be prepared quickly, making it a great option for busy people. It can also be adjusted to your tastes with the different spices and cheeses you decide to use!
The fresh ingredients add a lot of flavor without adding extra fat.
Thanks for reading our article! We hope it helped you and inspired you to get cooking!