The Tubby custard recipe is a delicious and typical British dessert, one of the best things you can make using self-raising flour.
This delightful dish is named because of its creamy and robust texture, which resembles a traditional pudding. The Tubby custard recipe is excellent for feeding large numbers of people on any occasion and tastes extremely good if eaten fresh.
Tubby custard recipe might not be quite so well known as other British food recipes, but it is one that every cook should know. The Tubby custard recipe began in ancient times and why people are still enjoying it to this day is something that everyone should find fascinating.
It has been passed down through the generations since ancient times and continues to be enjoyed by many people today in the present.
The original Tubby custard recipe is believed to have originated from India, Britain, or perhaps China.
What Is Tubby Custard Recipe?
Tubby custard is a traditional British dessert, which originated from England. This delicious dish is one of Britain’s best-known desserts because it is a traditional dish that people of all ages can enjoy it.
This pudding is meant to be eaten fresh and does not last very long once made. It consists of a creamy custard served with chopped fruit on top and some whipped cream on top.
How To Make Tubby Custard Recipe.
We’ll learn how to make a Tubby custard recipe in this article. This delicious pudding can be made in a few simple steps shown below.
The Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 cup of self-raising flour
- 1 Tablespoon of butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of milk
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoonful of vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoonful of corn starch.
Step 1: Firstly, you must mix the flour and sugar in a bowl. Then add the butter and mix them with a clean hand, then you will have to make it into fine crumbs.
Step 2: Now, you need to dissolve the corn starch in a little bit of milk. Start by pouring it into the milk and stirring it with a spoon. Next, you will have to add the milk mixture gradually and go with a clean hand until all of the milk has been added.
Step 3: Separate the egg whites and yolks. Whisk the egg whites until they look frothy. Then you need to add vanilla essence to the mixture.
Step 4: Gradually pour the milk mixture into the egg yolks, constantly stirring until all of it has been added.
Step 5: Now, you will have to mix the flour mixture into this mixture slowly and with a clean hand until it is thoroughly mixed in.
Step 6: You are done. Now you can put it into a ceramic bowl or any large bowl. Then you will have to put the bowl in the oven for about 40 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
Nutrition Facts Of Tubby custard recipe
5 Helpful Tips For Cooking/Serving
1. Always serve fresh Tubby custard recipe.
2. Always make sure you use self-raising flour to make the Tubby custard recipe.
3. To ensure a very smooth texture of the Tubby custard recipe, do not over mix it.
4. To keep the dish fresh, always store it in an airtight container and then place it in the refrigerator when you want to serve it again.
5. Always watch the oven to ensure that the Tubby custard recipe is cooked evenly.
10 Health Benefits Of Tubby Custard Recipe
1. Tubby custard recipe can boost your immune system.
2. Tubby custard recipe has many health benefits, and it is also perfect for your skin, hair, and nails.
3. By eating the Tubby custard recipe, you will keep your blood sugar levels regular, and that can help to lower your risk of strokes and increase the chances of longevity, since having more than an average amount of sugar in your blood can raise the risk of various diseases such as heart disease.
4. Tubby custard recipe’s nutritional value makes it a very good option for seniors because it has high levels of calcium and iron.
5. Tubby custard recipe can also prevent cancer because it contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory agents.
6. Tubby custard recipe is very low-fat, making it a much healthier option for you than many other desserts.
7. Tubby custard recipe is gluten-free, so this means that you can enjoy it without any worries about the gluten in your diet.
8. Tubby custard recipe is suitable for people with diabetes because it does not contain high amounts of sugar and has only moderate cholesterol levels.
9. Tubby custard recipe is also suitable for vegetarians because it consists only of simple, easily digestible ingredients, and they taste great.
10. Tubby custard recipe is very low in calories because it only has around 40 calories per serving, and they are all from good sources. Tubby custard recipe can be served with any cut of meat.
You can like it: Insomnia Cookies Recipe: Best 10 Health Benefits
The Tubby custard recipe is a very delicious British pudding that can be served with various types of food or on its own to be enjoyed for lunch or dinner.
It is really simple to make this dish and taste delicious if cooked correctly. This is a great dish to try at home and in a restaurant because this dessert recipe is simple yet works well.