The triple berry cake recipe is a cake with multiple fruit flavorings. The cake has three layers, each made of different types of fruit. Here is an easy-to-follow recipe for triple berry cake that you can make at home.
This triple berry cake recipe gives you three layers of deliciousness in a single slice! This delicious cake has three flavors, making it a great dessert for apres ski parties during winter.
How To Make Triple Berry Cake Recipe?
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 10 servings
Triple Berry Cake Recipe Ingredients
- 1/2 cup of butter, partially melted and cooled to room temperature
- 4 oz of flour, sifted (or 1 cup)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (sifted with baking soda)
- 1 tsp cinnamon extract (optional)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract (optional) [ingredients for vanilla extract recipe] *(This is optional, you can use only butter for the flavoring if you do not wish to use the extract. The extract gives you an enhanced vanilla flavor. The chocolate extract can also be used instead, in the same manner.)
- 4 large whole eggs, room temperature (separated)
- 1/2 cup of sugar (sifted)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh mixed berries, such as blueberries, raspberries, and coarsely chopped strawberries
- Sweetened whipped cream, if desired
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 10-inch round cake pan with parchment paper or grease with nonstick cooking spray.
Step 2: In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and cinnamon until well combined.
Step 3: Add butter and vanilla extract to the bowl with the flour mixture. Mix everything until the butter is no longer visible (no trace of dry bits of butter contained in the mixture).
Step 4: In a separate bowl, beat the whole eggs and sugar together until light and frothy. Beat until the mixture is room temperature, mixed well, and it has started to thicken (about 10 minutes).
Step 5: Add egg mixture to the flour mixture and mix everything well. Fold in fresh mixed berries.
Step 6: Pour batter into pan stuffing cake with a spatula. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown on top and springy when touched carefully with your fingertips.
Step 7: Remove cake from the oven, cool for about 5 minutes, then remove from pan. Cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.
Step 8: Serve with sweetened whipped cream or ice cream if desired.
1) You can use any berry combination you desire, but be sure to coarsely chop the strawberries up into bite-sized pieces so they will be distributed well in the batter of this triple berry cake recipe.
2) The vanilla extract is optional. But, if you wish to use vanilla extract, substitute the 2 tablespoons of melted butter with the extract.
3) Instead of a whole egg, you can use 2 egg whites (separated from the egg yolks). Cut the whites in half and beat them before adding the batter to the triple berry cake.
4) If you want to frost this cake, you can use your favorite ice cream or frozen yogurt. You can also serve it plain as it is.
Note: If you can not find fresh mixed berries, you can also use frozen berries instead.
Nutrition Fact Of Triple Berry Cake Recipe
Top 5 Healthy Benefits Of Triple Berry Cake Recipe
Here are the top 5 healthy benefits of triple berry cake:
Fiber is the indigestible part of plant foods and is found in various forms such as water-soluble, insoluble, and fermentable fiber. Soluble fiber has been shown to help prevent heart disease and also help control blood sugar.
Antioxidants help reduce the risk factors for cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes and delay or reduce the natural signs of aging (Surgeon General).
Calcium is important for a healthy nervous system and helps maintain normal blood pressure levels.
Potassium is an electrolyte found in most foods. Your body needs a constant supply of vitamins, making it essential for your heart health. Potassium helps balance the amount of sodium and potassium in your body and helps maintain normal blood pressure levels.
5. High in protein
Protein helps you feel full and stay full for hours. Protein keeps your blood sugar levels stable, which helps you avoid cravings later and prevents overeating.
Note: Health benefits may vary from person to person depending on your diet and physical activity level.
Can You Freeze Sweet Lady Jane Triple Berry Cake?
Yes, you can freeze sweet Lady Jane triple berry cake. Just leave it in the freezer for about 2-3 hours, slice, and then freeze for at least 2-3 days before serving.
Can I Use Frozen Berries When Making A Berry Cake?
Yes, you can use frozen berries when making any berry cake. Thaw the berries completely in a colander, drain the juice and the excess liquid into a separate bowl, and reserve. Then add half of the fresh mixed berries to your berry cake batter instead of using fresh ones.
What Can You Serve With Berry Cake?
You can serve fresh fruit salad, fresh fruit and yogurt, frozen yogurt, and ice cream.
How To Remove The Cake From The Pan?
To remove the cake from the pan, you can use a spatula or a knife. You have to make sure that it is cool when you remove it because the cake will be very fragile at this time. Run under warm water, then slide carefully out of the pan and serve while still hot.
How Long Does It Last?
It can last for about 1-2 weeks.
How Long Does It Take To Bake A Berry Cake?
It takes about 30-40 minutes to bake a berry cake.