Do you know what Trinidad Bake Recipe is? This article will tell you how to make it at home and make it tastier than the original one.
Trinidad Bake Recipe is a traditional Trinidadian recipe that I love to bake for special occasions. This recipe uses macaroni, red kidney beans, and yam to make this delicious Caribbean cake. It’s got the crunch of a nutty macaroni pie and the sweet potato flavor of a baked good.
What is Trinidad Bake?
Trinidad Bake is a traditional Trinidadian recipe that I love to bake for special occasions. This recipe uses macaroni, red kidney beans, and yam to make this delicious Caribbean cake.
It’s got the crunch of a nutty macaroni pie and the sweet potato flavor of a baked good. (It took me way too long taking pictures, haha, so if your super fast, you can scroll down)
How To Make Trinidad Bake Recipe At Home?
Trinidad Bake recipe is super easy and fun to make. For this cake, you’ll need macaroni (whole wheat is standard), kidney beans cooked or canned (about 1 cup dry should be fine), plus sweet potato chips mashed.
You can bake Trinidad Bake in the oven, but I baked my Trinidad bake using Microwave Heating System since I prefer eating it chilled.
- 1 cup(160gm ) red kidney beans
- 350gm cooked macaroni
- 4 medium potatoes large yam cut into small cubes 1/2 cup(about 115g)
- brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1. Combine milk, oil, and vanilla essence in a pot to form a paste
2. Place the rest of the ingredients in your mixer. Separate using immersion blender Scrape it out
3. Put everything inside a preheated heavy-duty cast iron or non-stick pan.
4. Cook Trini Bake for about 30 minutes until it’s done baking. Check by sticking a fork through the cake to see if you can pierce it and come out clean
5. Turn off your stove as soon as Trinidad adian bake is lost its color in order not to overcook this yummy recipe
6. Allow immerse your Trinidad Bake to cool down fully on the stove before you can use it
7. Once cooled, cut into pieces and serve with cream, flavored with honey and preserved ingredients (found in west indies like Tobago).
8. Enjoy Trinidad Bake Recipe for holiday celebrations!!!
What Are The Benefits Of Making Trinidad Bake Recipe At Home?
This recipe is super fun and easy to make. I always get kids involved when I am making Trinidad bake as well. The children, in particular, love having their bowls full of the yummy sweet, chocolatey goodness:)
This recipe is healthy and economical; it’s better than purchasing individual items at your local grocery store since this Caribbean dessert recipe takes little effort while tasting great!!!
All ingredients can be found near you if you shop around
Trinidad Bake Recipe can serve up to 10. Make sure you make more than what is required and freeze them (if in a rush), so you have Trinidad Bakes ready for next time when someone else is visiting.
Nutrition Facts of Trinidad Bake Recipe
|Saturated fat||54 g|
Best 5 Health Benefits Of Trinidad Bake Recipe
1. It is gluten-free
3. Sodium Free
How To Store Trinidad Bake Recipe?
1 . Store immediately in an airtight container or aluminum foil after baking it on the stove. ( if storing overnight, crush your Trinidad spices before adding into cornmeal batter for cake)
2. To store 12 hours; refrigerate Cover with plastic wrap so that the dough is not absorbed humidity, then cover a second time again and freeze until completely frozen ( make sure you have them, you will use this recipe all year long) Trinidad Bake Recipe – “Warm Up and Mingle.”
What Are Some Variations Of Trinidad Bake Recipe?
Cheesecake 1 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
1/2 can chickpeas, drained and mashed without oil 2 tsp coconut extract 3 egg whites, beaten until stiff” (or buy a box of egg white at the grocery store) Recipe for cake mix is:3 cups brown sugar,7 tbsps shortening( or butter),12 eggs. Blend all together. Add the following You add ingredients one by one to the mixture, blend.
Is Trinidad Bake Healthy?
Yes, with the right ingredients.
Who Makes Trinidad Bake Recipe?
I was asked to create a gluten-free cornbread so that my Mother and Father-in-law knew what kind of food I used for our family meal.
So I created Trinidad Bake, which is more like an egg roll, but it’s not cooked in any oil because you want your muffins soft. use only oil, flour, eggs, and milk/ milk substitute (like banana and arrowroot)
What Are Some Traditional Recipes From Trinidad And Tobago?
Trinidad and Tobago are known for their unique cuisine, including rice and peas, callaloo, dumplings, and ackee. Here are some traditional recipes from Trinidad and Tobago:
• Ackee & Saltfish: This dish is made from saltfish (a type of fish) salted and then boiled with green beans.
• Callaloo: This is a popular dish made from cassava leaves that have been cooked in a spicy sauce.
• Rice & Peas: This dish is made from white rice that has been cooked with green peas.
• Souse: This is a type of soup that is made from a pig’s head, heart, liver, stomach, intestines, feet, ears, and skin. These parts are cooked and then served with Dumplings.
• Sweet Potato: The sweet potato is one of the most popular vegetables in Trinidad and Tobago. It can be eaten raw, boiled, or baked.
Trinidad Bake Recipe was created to replace “traditional” foods that our family eats. It is tailored for a particular audience. While creating this recipe, my goal was to make it easier than the traditional versions of cornbread often served in Trinidad And Tobago cuisine but made healthier with most ingredients being obtained from stores, not farms.
The flour I use can also be easily replaced with more substitutes since it’s very easy to use one ingredient. Also, by adding the “Dough,” you can easily improve its consistency.
For those who have any suggestions, additions, or changes that they’d like to see made – I am open for it, as we are going through many new experiences making this transition into a plant-based diet ourselves.
So please let me know if there’s anything you think should be changed/added to help make further recipes more interesting!