Trader Joe’s Yellow Curry Recipe Is Convenient, Impressive, and Makes a Tasty Weeknight Meal. We all love Trader Joe’s — their delicious products and low prices make it a favorite among budget-friendly shoppers.
And now, you can enjoy Trader Joe’s Yellow Curry Recipe on your own time with our easy instructions. It only takes 45 minutes to make this dish from start to finish!
What Is Trader Joe’s Yellow Curry Recipe?
Trader Joe’s Yellow Curry is a delicious, nutritious soup that combines sweet potatoes with aromatic yellow curry. It’s a colorful, flavorful combination that makes for an intriguing meal.
This soup is vegetarian and vegan friendly, so it’s a great option for those who are health-conscious. It also comes in a convenient, easy-to-make packet, so you can heat it and eat it quickly.
We love this recipe because of its versatility. The sweet potatoes are soft yet firm enough for guests to scoop up with their spoons, and the curry flavor gives it a distinct and delicious kick.
How Did Trader Joe’s Yellow Curry Come About?
This soup has been around for a while — Trader Joe’s first introduced it in 2007. It has since garnered quite a following and is one of the store’s most popular soups.
Trader Joe’s prides itself on offering excellent, affordable products to its customers. This recipe provided the easiest way to make a warm and flavorful soup.
The convenient packets are easy to heat up and take very little time to cook. Trader Joe’s prides itself on offering excellent, affordable products to its customers.
How To Make Trader Joe’s Yellow Curry Recipe?
Trader Joe’s Yellow Curry is a simple recipe with a satisfying taste. Thanks to the ingredients that go into the soup itself, it’s easy to make. You can use frozen sweet potatoes for this recipe, but you’ll want to defrost them first.
You’ll need one pound of sweet potatoes for this Trader Joe’s Yellow Curry Recipe, so you can either use a food processor or a knife and fork to chop the sweet potatoes. Trader Joe’s Yellow Curry is a simple recipe with a satisfying taste.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into approximately 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons yellow curry powder (that’s about a 1/4 teaspoon for every 2 cups of soup)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth [if you’re using a homemade recipe, substitute identical amounts of water
Step 1. Heat the oil in a large soup pot or Dutch oven. Add the onion and cook until it’s tender four to five minutes.
Step 2. Add the sweet potatoes and stir to coat in the oil. Stir in the curry powder and salt, then add the broth.
Step 3. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
Step 4. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes before serving (optional).
Step 5. Enjoy!
Nutrition Fact Of Trader Joe’s Yellow Curry Recipe
|Serving Size||1 cup|
Benefits Of Trader Joe’s Yellow Curry Recipe
1. This recipe is made with wholesome ingredients and is low in calories. Try to watch your diet for high-calorie, high-fat foods such as chips and candy bars. This recipe has no fat or cholesterol and only small carbs.
2. It’s mostly protein, with just a bit of fat. The beans in the soup are a good source of protein — try to eat them cooked rather than raw, which can have a carb component.
3. This hearty soup is full of fiber, iron, and B vitamins. These are key ingredients in helping to maintain a healthy diet plan and to keep you feeling full and satisfied.
4. The recipe uses yellow curry powder, which has anti-microbial properties that help fight against disease-causing microorganisms such as E. coli, salmonella, H. pylori, cholera, and typhoid fever.
Is Trader Joe’s Yellow Curry Spicy?
Trader Joe’s yellow curry is mild. While it has a good amount of heat, it’s not spicy hot. It’s a mild curry with just the right amount for a full-flavored, balanced soup.
The spice comes from the curry powder and the unique combination of sweet potatoes and yellow curry.
We love Trader Joe’s Yellow Curry Recipe, and we know you will too! Try this comforting dish the next time you’re looking for a quick meal.
This recipe comes with the wholesome goodness that Trader Joe’s prides itself on, so it will not disappoint.
We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do! Please let us know if you try it by leaving a comment below.