The Texas pecan cake recipe is a cake made with pecan pie ingredients and a pecan pie topping. This dessert is usually served warm, but it can be served at room temperature or cold.
The Texas pecan cake recipe is a variation of the southern tradition that grew out of using leftover scraps from holidays and events to create desserts for the event the next day.
It is similar to the pecan cola cake, known in Texas for a long time.
How To Make Texas Pecan Cake Recipe?
Preparation Time: 15 minutes.
Cooking Time: 50 to 60 minutes.
Serves: 6 to 8 people.
Ingredients For The Cake:
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of sifted flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 pinch of salt and nutsmeg
- 2 cups of chopped pecans
- 1 cup of pitted prunes or dates
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups golden raisins
- Baking spray with flour
Ingredients For The Topping:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt and cinnamon
Step-1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Step-2. Set aside in a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
Step-3. Whisk together the sugar and three eggs; set aside.
Step-4. In a small saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Cook and constantly stir until deep golden brown; remove from heat immediately. Mix in the butter, vanilla, and hazelnut extract.
Step-5. Gradually add flour mixture to oil mixture; fold in pecans, prunes, and vanilla extract mixture; pour batter into an ungreased 10×13-inch baking pan.
Step-6. Bake the cake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes.
Step-7. To prepare to the top, melt the butter in a small saucepan; stir in brown sugar, vanilla extract, and cinnamon; spoon evenly over warm cake.
Step-8. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired; Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts Of Texas Pecan Cake Recipe
Healthy Benefits Of Texas Pecan Cake Recipe
1. The pecans are a source of monounsaturated fat that gives you many health benefits, including lowering bad cholesterol levels.
2. They have lots of fiber and protein, which help you feel full longer.
3. Pecans have anti-inflammatory properties and help to strengthen your immune system.
4. Pecan also has antioxidants known to lower the risk of cancer, heart disease, diabetes, and Alzheimer’s disease.
5. They are good for your skin and eye health.
6. They are a great source of magnesium and potassium, boosting mood and reducing blood pressure levels.
7. Pecans contain plenty of vitamins E, A, and B-6, which keep your skin healthy.
8. The pecans are rich in minerals like phosphorus, calcium, iron, zinc, and more that improve the function of body organs and bones.
9.. Pecans also have oleic acid that helps lower blood cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart diseases.
10. Pecans are good for your brain and boost memory power.
11. They also help prevent constipation and treat diabetes due to their high fiber content.
12.. They improve digestion and relieve menstrual pain due to their high magnesium content.
13. The pecans are very good at strengthening bones and maintaining healthy joints due to their high zinc content.
How To Store It?
Texas pecan cake recipe can be refrigerated in a covered container for three days.
It is also freezer-friendly; freeze it in an airtight container for three months.
Can I Freeze This Cake?
Yes, you can freeze this cake for up to three months. It is advisable to freeze cakes in an airtight container to don’t crumble.
Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving or longer at room temperature to defrost the cake.
To reheat the cake, leave it at room temperature until chilly and serve it warm (not too hot).
How To Cut It?
Texas pecan cake recipe can be cut using a sharp knife and small plates. Be careful not to cut through the bottom of the cake.
How Can I Reheat It?
Reheat it in a microwave or the oven. The Texas pecan cake is a delicious and healthy dessert that you can add to your list of holiday favorites.
It is made with a pecan pie topping, and it is suitable for any occasion, whether you need small bites at a dinner party or looking for a quick dessert on Christmas Day.
Texas pecan cake recipe is an excellent dessert, which you can prepare on a special occasion. The recipe is very easy, and it doesn’t require much time.
You can make this dessert with the help of a handy kitchen appliance. It will give you the right feel-good factor, and you will manage to impress your family and friends.