Summer raspberry cake recipe Summer is in full swing, and this gorgeous summer raspberry cake recipe is perfect for any gathering. Make this cake with your loved ones to celebrate the season!
This recipe is perfect for summer. It is a sponge cake filled with fresh raspberries, then covered in fresh whipped cream or almond cream (or the like).
You can adjust the ingredients to your liking. For example, I like this cake with slightly more almond cream than whipped cream, but you can change it according to your preference.
How To Make Summer Raspberry Cake Recipe?
Prep time of 5 minutes.
Cook time of 35-40 minutes.
Inactive time of 30-40 minutes.
Total time of 45-50 minutes.
- Vanilla & Vanilla sugar
- Flour, baking powder, salt
- Whip cream and sugar (or whip almond cream and almond extract)
- Fresh raspberries
1. Heat the oven to 350 F (175 C). Grease a 9 inch round cake pan, line with parchment paper, and then grease the parchment paper too. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, add eggs and vanilla and start beating. Add oil, sugar, flour, and cornmeal and beat for about 2 minutes.
3. Add raspberries, almond extract (if using), whip cream, or other ingredients of your choice, then beat for another minute until everything is mixed in well.
Pour batter into cake pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside to cool, then sprinkle with crushed cornstarch on the top while cold.
4. To make the whipped cream: Combine egg whites and vanilla sugar in a bowl, then beat. Add salt, flour & baking powder and continue to beat until everything is well incorporated.
Whip on high until stiff peaks form (I’ve seen people do this in a stand mixer with the whisk attachment). Pour whipped cream on the sponge cake and enjoy!
5. For fresh raspberries: Wash them thoroughly in cold water, then transfer to a saucepan of boiling water for about 5 minutes or until soft (recommended time will depend on ripeness). Place hot raspberries in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until cold.
1. In your serving dish, arrange alternating layers of cake and fresh raspberry puree.
2. Cover with almond cream, then top it with fresh raspberries (or whipped cream).
3. Enjoy your summer raspberry cake recipe!
Nutrition Fact Of Summer Raspberry Cake Recipe
Best 11 Health Benefits Of Summer Raspberry Cake Recipe
1. It is a light spring cake.
2. It is great for kids to eat since it is sweet.
3. It will help keep your blood sugar levels steady throughout the day.
4. It is a source of antioxidants that help protect your immune system.
5. It contains fiber that helps maintain a healthy bowel movement and strengthen bones and teeth.
6. It is high in calcium and iron, which are important to build strong bones and improve children’s growth.
7. It will help control PMS since it contains no simple sugars or refined flour, which are known to cause PMS symptoms (fatigue, abdominal bloating, etc.).
8. It is low in calories…perfect for someone trying to lose weight.
9. It’s high in vitamin C, which helps strengthen the immune system and helps maintain healthy skin and gums.
10. It is perfect for those trying to diet since it is cholesterol-free and very low in fat (only 1 gram of fat!!).
11. It is a healthy alternative to birthday cake because it contains no refined flour or simple sugars (allergens). It also has a very low amount of fat.
Is It Good For Everybody?
Yes, it is healthy and delicious. However, I do not recommend it for gluten intolerance or a history of food allergies.
Are There Any Harmful Aspects To This Recipe?
Yes, the only harmful aspect is too much whipping cream (or whipped almond cream). The fat in the cream makes it unhealthy and high in calories.
A healthy summer raspberry recipe filled with fresh raspberries and whipped cream!
This is a real healthy treat for a summer you can enjoy.
Hope you enjoyed reading about the health benefits of this recipe!
Questions? Comments? Please let me know your feedback in the comment section below.