The Stickies recipe is a sticky rice dish that is typically seen as a dessert item. The dish is primarily glutinous rice mixed with coconut milk, sugar, and salt.
The Stickies were first served at the now-closed Hana Zen restaurant in Puerto Rico, initially served as an appetizer. But by the time the dish closed its doors over twenty years later, it had become one of their most popular items on the menu.
But the Stickies were not always a popular dessert item; they started as a major disappointment to its proprietor. When it closed, Hana Zen owner and founder Alfredo Cordero described the dish as failing for him and unable to get up on its own as a five-year-old child.
Cordero decided to give it another chance when he had what he called another vision, in which his daughter told him she had seen the Stickies as an intriguing dessert item.
How To Make Stickies Recipe?
- 1 cup glutinous rice
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 4 oz brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
Step-1. Wash the rice thoroughly and soak it in water. Set aside to soak for 1 hour.
Step-2. Cook rice and coconut milk in a pressure cooker or pot until the grains are tender.
Step-3. Mix the cooked rice with brown sugar and salt, frequently stirring until it thickens to a spreadable consistency (order over here).
Step-4. Place into molds, set aside in airtight container until cooled and hardened completely (order over here).
Step-5. Serve the dish cold (or at least refrigerate after cooking).
Step-6. For presentation, cut out squares using cookie cutters (order over here) and serve with a dollop of vanilla ice cream.
Nutrition Facts Of Stickies Recipe
Health Benefits Of Stickies Recipe
1. If you have diabetes and are on a diet, these sticky rice balls are for you. This is because it does not contain refined sugar at all, so it will not cause any harm to your health.
1. It is low in cholesterol, so if you have high cholesterol levels, this one is for you.
2. It has a low glycemic index value (GI); therefore, this sweet can be helpful if you have diabetes and high blood pressure.
3. It is rich in fiber, which is good for your digestive health.
4. It is rich in nutrients, so you will benefit from consuming this sticky rice recipe.
5. It does not contain gluten, so you can also consume this sticky rice recipe if you are allergic to gluten.
6. It has low-fat content, so you can consume this sticky rice recipe if you are on a diet.
7. Exercise instructors recommend the consumption of sticky rice to help people improve their strength, especially in the arm muscles. This is because it acts as an appetite suppressant. Therefore, if you are weak and cannot lift your arms, consume this sticky rice recipe.
8. It has many benefits that do not do with exercise or health, but they will help you at work and school (e.g., this sticky rice recipe is a good study food. It can help you increase your concentration and focus.
9. If you have problems getting enough sleep, this sticky rice recipe is a good food for that.
10. It is low in calories and helps control your weight, so you can try out this sticky rice recipe if you are on a diet.
11. This is one of the best foods for a hangover (replenishing your energy after consuming alcohol).
Can I Freeze It?
Yes, you can. When you’re ready to serve, remove them from the freezer and let them thaw out. You can also store them in the freezer in an airtight container for up to two months.
How To Store Stickies Recipe?
Please keep them in an airtight container or sealed in a Ziploc bag. You can store them for 1-2 days at room temperature, 3-4 days in the refrigerator, and a maximum of 1 month in the freezer.
How To Serve?
Serve it with a spoon. You can serve it cold or chilled. You can also place them in a refrigerator to keep the balls together and firm. It is best served with vanilla ice cream and garnished with dried coconut.
Is It Healthy?
Yes, it is healthy because it is tasty and has many benefits. It will help you lose weight as well as increase your energy level. It has no cholesterol and salt, so it is low in fat and calories.
Where Can I Get This Recipe?
The best thing about this recipe is getting it at any grocery store. It is very easily available because it is a popular sweet world over. You can also get it from any Chinese or Indian grocery store.
If you want to try this awesome sticky rice recipe, do not forget to share it with your friends. If you try it, you will also love it, so let us know what you think about this dish. If you have already tried it, share your experience with the sticky rice recipe.