Sprite Cake Recipe: If you love the flavor and flair of Lemon Dream, but you find that it’s a bit too sweet for your tastes, then this cake is for you.
This cake has a delicious balance between the sweetness and tartness of fresh lemonade and vanilla ice cream.
The Sprite layers make this dessert refreshingly light and popping with lemony carbonation as it bakes in the oven.
How to make Sprite Cake Recipe
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar (more or less to taste)
- 3/4 cup cornstarch, sifted [or flour]
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg yolks 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole milk chocolate chips [optional]
1. Make the cake batter and let it sit.
You can prepare the above mixture at least a day ahead of time.
Place all sugar, egg yolks, sour cream, vanilla extract, Sprite, and milk in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
2. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius). Grease 2 9-inch round cake pans [use non-stick pan spray].
3. Mix flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl.
4. Use a whisk to combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and mix for about 1 min. Do not over mix!
5. Pour the batter into your greased cake pans. Place a few chocolate chips on the top of each cake for decoration (optional).
6. Bake the cakes for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
7. Let cool for about 10 minutes and flip over onto wire racks to cool completely, or you can place them in the fridge to speed up the process until cold. Slice into pieces and serve! Tastes yummy! Enjoy D.
Nutrition facts of Sprite Cake Recipe
Amazing 6 Healthy Nutrition of Sprite Cake Recipe
1. Sprite Cake Recipe is sweetened with artificial sweeteners and has fewer calories than other cakes. Sprite is not only used as a mixer, but it’s also a source of carbonation in the cake. Spirit makes for a refreshing dessert, which helps curb cravings for sweets.
2. Sprite is obtained from dissolving carbon dioxide gas in water. The resulting liquid contains approximately five teaspoons of dissolved carbon dioxide per fluid ounce or roughly one-tenth of the average amount found in wine.
3. Sprite contains a few hundred times less caffeine than coffee and is a significant source of natural sugars.
4. Sprite is naturally a source of vitamin C and potassium, while it also contains no fat, cholesterol, or sodium.
5. Although Sprite may contain 250 calories per serving, drinking just one serving only provides you with 5% of your daily intake for calcium and 7% for phosphorus; both are important nutrients for bone growth and maintenance.
6. Sprite has no cholesterol, but riboflavin, thiamine, and vitamin B6. These are all essential vitamins that your body needs to function properly.
Origin & History
Sprite was first introduced in the U.S in 1961. It’s been a favorite drink of kids ever since its introduction and is one of the most popular soft drinks consumed in the U.
Is It gluten-Free?
Sprite is not naturally gluten-free, but it is okay to use gluten-free cake recipes as long as they are made of safe ingredients and do not contain altered or unapproved wheat products.
Is It high in Calories?
The calories in Sprite are a bit higher than average. The FDA recommends that men eat no more than 300 calories a day and women more than 260.
Sprite contains 500 calories a serving, which exceeds the recommended daily consumption of 250 by almost 100 calories.
Does Sprite Help You Lose Weight?
Sprite is not a very “weight-loss friendly” beverage. It’s high in sugars and has no nutritional value, making it hard to achieve weight loss through a healthy diet alone.
Drinking Sprite in moderation usually results in weight gain, but drinking it in excess will cause you to pile on pounds.
Is It Healthy?
You can improve the nutritional value of Sprite by adding fresh pieces of fruit that are low in calories. Adding fresh strawberries, for example, adds natural sugar that is a healthy alternative to Sprite’s artificial sweeteners. Other fruits like pineapple and orange slices will also do the trick.
How to Store Sprite?
Please keep it in the back of the fridge, where it’s coldest. The colder you can keep it, the better. Please keep it away from the door and hold anything that emits smells away from it.
If you have a pitcher of Sprite, taking a serving is easy to do, and they usually last quite a while in there. It’s not recommended to keep this in the freezer, as it could spoil.
Does Sprite contain BPA?
Sprite does not contain 0 BPA, but it is not completely safe either. It contains small amounts of BPA in the manufacturing process, of which the FDA has set a limit.
The Bottom Line
If you need a refreshing beverage with no calories, high in carbonation, and tastes great, Sprite is your drink of choice. It’s not completely safe from chemicals, but it is relatively safer than other caffeinated beverages.