Rockin Oysters Rockefeller Recipe is an easy-to-make cake recipe, where you dump everything in a pan and bake.
The ingredients are straightforward, so it’s a great starting point for beginners. I made this cake recipe using coconut flour, but you can use your favorite flour instead.
How to make Slab Cake Recipe
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3 jumbo eggs
- 1 cup Carnation nonfat dry milk powder (not instant)
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. melted butter, or unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
1. Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees F. Spray an 8-inch cake pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, sift the flours, eggs, dry milk powder, and baking powder together until well combined (I use my hands to work everything in).
3. Add melted butter and beat the mixture for about 30 seconds or until well combined.
4. Pour cake batter into a lined 8-inch cake pan and even out the top with a spatula.
5. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown, and when a toothpick is inserted, it comes out clean.
6. Allow cake to cool for about 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack. Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition facts of Slab Cake Recipe
8 Health Benefits of Slab Cake Recipe
1. Slab cake recipe is easy to make and uses a small amount of ingredients. This results in great healthy fat and protein, flexible enough to adjust the amount of sugar and flour depending on your taste.
2. Slab cake is easily made using different ingredients, notably flours such as sorghum, wheat, teff, and coconut flour. Slab cakes are gluten-free cakes suitable for people with celiac disease and gluten sensitivity too.
3. Slab cake recipe is baked in a sheet pan, and similar to brownies, you will get a thick slab of cake after cooling.
4. It’s low in sugar, so you can add your sweetener like stevia or even honey to sweeten it up to your preference.
5. Slab cake is delicious served with fresh fruits; try it with fresh strawberries and cream if you like that combination for a classic dessert recipe.
6. Slab cake is a great dessert recipe to make in advance and enjoy later as a snack or a post-workout/after-dinner sweet treat!
7. Slab cake recipe is a great keto-friendly recipe. It’s high in protein and fat, yet low carb; perfect for keto dieters.
8. Slab cake recipe is a gluten-free, grain-free, soy-free recipe suitable for the whole family.
Price in Slab Cake Recipe
Most grocery stores sell sorghum flour for about $4 and coconut flour for about $4.3. You can find Carnation nonfat dry milk powder for about $1 per canister.
Eggs are usually on sale, so that you can find them for about $0.15 each. So, the price per serving of this cake recipe is about $0.
Is It Suitable For Pregnant Women?
This cake recipe is suitable for pregnant women because it’s low in saturated fats. It’s also a good source of protein, which helps the baby develop properly.
The Carnation nonfat dry milk powder is not suitable for breastfeeding mothers, but they can substitute the same amount of powdered whole milk instead.
Does It Have Gluten?
I’ve tried this cake recipe with wheat flour and gluten-free flour, but it turned out fine both times. I prefer the taste of sorghum flour just as it is.
To me, this cake doesn’t have any gluten at all. But don’t worry if you want to experiment with different flours because it’ll probably turn out fine anyway.
Is It Healthy?
This cake recipe has a lot of health benefits, including being gluten-free, cholesterol-free, and low in saturated fats.
It’s also a good source of proteins and calcium. I always create recipes with these nutritional values in mind, so I’d say that this cake recipe is healthy.
Can I Freeze It?
You may freeze the cake after it’s cooled to room temperature. This will make it even better when you need a quick snack.
Since this is a basic recipe, I wouldn’t recommend freezing leftovers because the texture might be icy.
How to store?
You can store the cake in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week. To freeze, thaw and then bake at 180 Degrees F until cooked through.
Is It Delicious?
This cake recipe is delicious and can be eaten fresh from the oven or frozen for later. The trick is to cook it slowly and make sure not to undercook it because the center of this cake tends to get a bit gooey, which isn’t very desirable, in my opinion.
Slab Cake Recipe is a simple slab cake recipe perfect for beginners to learn how to make. The nutritional values are great for pregnant women, kids, and adults. I hope you like this Slab Cake Recipe as much as I do!