Singapore Roti Prata Curry Recipe is a perfect combination of Singaporean and Malaysian dishes, and the best part is you can make it in no time!
It has a lot of variety and delicious flavors that will please your taste buds. You, too, can give this recipe a try instead of going to the local restaurant all the time.
Whether you want to learn how to make this delicious Roti Prata Curry Recipe yourself or if you’re going to try making it,
we hope you enjoy it with your family and friends on special occasions like Fridays, Saturdays, or even parties.
How to make Singapore Roti Prata Curry Recipe
- 2 pcs chicken breast
- 4 bites noodles
- 2 pcs chicken breast
- 3 cups rice
- 3 tbsp corn oil/vegetable oil/food coloring
- 1 cup of water (for kids, please use just 1 cup of water) Broth
- 3 cups (Chicken broth)
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 red onion
- 2 cm ginger root
- 2 whole star anise.
Step 1: Prepare chicken, cut into small pieces and wash chicken.
Step 2: Slice onion into thick slices, peel ginger and slice thinly. Then spray oil in the pot, and saute onion and ginger.
Step 3: Stir till brownish color appears. Then add water, boil with medium high heat, and add salt to taste and Chicken Broth Powder.
Step 4: Stir till broth smells good ( about 5 mins). You may adjust the salt as you like.
Step 5: Turn off the fire and let it cool down. Then cut into small pieces.
Step 6: Put a spoon of oil in the wok, saute the chicken till cooked (about 2 mins), and add soup to cover the chicken. Keep on medium-high heat.
Step 7: Stir till boiling point and turn off the fire (About 2 mins). Add noodles and quickly stir till boiling. You may use a long Roti Prata as a spoon to mix.
Step 9: Place rice in a dish, then cover with Roti Prata Curry. Mmm…tasty! (You can use star anise if you like the aroma) Step 10: Last, you can add chicken breast on top of Roti Prata Curry if you want.
Step 10: Enjoy!
Nutrition facts of Singapore Roti Prata Curry Recipe
5 Health Benefits of Singapore Roti Prata Curry Recipe
1. Singapore Roti Prata Curry Recipe is a source of protein and water, contributing to the growth and maintenance of muscle mass.
2. This food has low calorie and simple carbohydrate content, perfect for a weight loss program.
3. Chicken meat is a good source of iron essential for carrying oxygen in the blood to all parts of the body.
4. It has zero cholesterol, so it helps lower bad cholesterol in our bodies and control blood pressure.
5. Chicken meat is low in sodium and high in potassium, so it helps combat dehydration and balance body fluids.
Can I Freeze It?
Sure! Like most foods, Singapore Roti Prata Curry Recipe can be frozen. However, it is best to only freeze the Singaporean and Malaysian food for 2-3 months. After that, it tends to lose some of its taste and texture.
How to store?
Singapore Roti Prata Curry Recipe is best when stored in an airtight container or freezer-safe bag. This is the best way to ensure that the food stays fresh for a long time.
Is roti a prata from Singapore?
Yes, Singapore Roti Prata Curry Recipe, and is a common type of dish that you can find in this city. However, there are other types of roti that you can use for the Curry. This would include paratha or plain roti.
Is Curry from Malaysia?
Yes, Singapore Roti Prata Curry Recipe is from Malaysia, and it is one of the most popular dishes that you can try when visiting this country.
However, Curry originated from India and spread all over Southeast Asia due to its delicious taste.
Is roti prata same as paratha?
No, Singapore Roti Prata Curry Recipe is a different dish that originated in South Asia. It is not the same as paratha, an Indian dish and has a different recipe.
Is roti prata also called roti cutlet?
Yes, there are two common names for this dish: Singapore Roti Prata and Malaysian Curry. Both are different types of food that you can find in this country, and both have popular words in other countries as well.
Hawkers Roti Canai Curry Sauce Recipe
1. Pair roti prata with coconut rice for a tasty and refreshing dish.
2. Serve with pineapple fried rice and a choice of fish, chicken, or beef for an interesting meal
3. You may pair this food with chili crab or cream of coconut soup for a nice dinner or as breakfast/dinner
4. Best eaten when it has a good aroma so that you can cook it in two ways; by using the banana leaf or using your steamer
5. You may pair this roti prata curry with aloo paratha, paratha, or naan
6. You may use chicken, fish, or shrimp for your Curry as well for a good dish
7. Serve with white rice to have a tasty meal
Curry dipping sauce recipe for roti
You may use the Singapore Roti Prata Curry Recipe to have a snack after lunch or dinner. You can pair this meal with meat or prawns for a yummy and delicious meal. A good way to use this dish is by adding it to the meals that you cook for your family.
You may pair it with roti prata curry as an appetizer for a nice party. The second most popular way to eat this dish is by using it for a breakfast or dinner.
Roti canai curry recipe Vegetarian
Singapore Roti Prata Curry Recipe is a traditional southeast Asian food commonly known as roti prata. It is also known as roti canai and sometimes even roti udang.
This dish is cooked by boiling it in curry sauce, popular in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Thailand. After cooking the curry sauce, you can assemble it with the different types of meat, such as chicken meat and shrimp or fish.
To make your food more colorful and flavorful, you may pair this meal with vegetables such as onion, potato and tomato.
Now you know how to make the Singapore Roti Prata Curry Recipe. You can add more ingredients to the recipe based on your tastes.
This food is perfect when used as an appetizer or even as a main dish like a lunch or dinner with rice. The key thing is you should use quality ingredients for your words and give them a nice aroma after cooking for satisfying results.