The Sev usal recipe is an elegant and simple meal that the best restaurants in the world often serve. Sev usal is a type of flatbread, which can be seen as a thin crustless pizza.
The sev usal is made from flour, water, salt, and yeast. This dough should be kneaded with your hands or by machine until it becomes elastic and smooth before being allowed to rise again one more time.
You can also make sev usal by hand, but this is a little bit more difficult. If you need to make sev usal by hand, the same amount of flour, water, and salt should be used, but instead of yeast, you will use around 6 tablespoons (28 g) of barley flour.
You will also need a piece of rectangular baker’s cloth or one square fabric. This must be folded in half and then placed on the dough.
How To Make Sev Usal Recipe?
- Flour 1 Cup
- Salt 1 tsp
- Oil 2 tbs
- Water 1 Cup
- Yeast 2 pinches
1. Mix yeast and warm water in a bowl and let it rise.
2. Once the yeast is ready, add oil, salt, and flour to it and knead the dough with your hands until it becomes elastic and smooth. You may need to add flour if gluey, little by little.
3. Cover the dough over with a cloth and let it rise for at least an hour or until it becomes double its size.
4. Let the dough rest for about 30 minutes less than its final size.
5. Knead the dough again with your hands, adding some flour if needed; this will help you make even round balls. Make them roughly 5cm in diameter and flatten them with a rolling pin until they are 2-3mm thick.
6. Place a cloth on top of a circular plate 2/3rds of the way up (or use a round plate) and put the flattened dough on top of it.
7. Heat a Tava or griddle over high heat. You can also use an oven at its maximum heat, but you need to make some adjustments after cooking the sev usal.
8. Place the plate on the Tava or an oven tray on its highest oven setting. Cooking time will vary depending on how hot your stove or oven is, but it should be around 2 minutes per side. When done, pour a little oil on each usal and serve with yogurt, coconut chutney, or chili sauce.
Nutrition Facts Of Sev Usal Recipe
Amazing 11 Health Benefits Of Sev Usal Recipe
1. Sev usal recipe is a healthy meal that offers you a lot of fiber, iron, and protein, and it’s made with wholesome grains.
2. This meal is one of the most common and easy to prepare meals that even children can do, making it a great option for kids who have stomach problems or don’t like to eat vegetables but love to have bread.
3. Sev usal recipe promotes weight loss because it contains less fat than conventional fats and calories while still providing you with energy and fiber.
4. Sev usal recipe is a good meal for diabetes because it’s low in carbs and calories and contains more fiber than most bread.
5. Sev usal recipe is one of the most delicious healthy meals you can have, especially when you add your favorite vegetables on top.
6. This recipe is also great for promoting your digestion because it contains a lot of fiber, making you feel fuller for longer.
7. This meal can also benefit people who suffer from high cholesterol or cancer because it’s very low in fat and calories while still giving you all the nutrients you need.
8. If you are looking for a healthy meal for weight loss because it’s low in fat and calories but still giving you nutrients and fiber, the sev usal recipe is the way to go.
9. For vegetarians who love bread but can’t have grains because of gluten, this is the perfect grain-free alternative that gives you all the fiber you need while being low in fat and calories.
10. If you feel like you need to have something light and nutritious before or after a workout, this is the best meal for you.
11. If you are a sportsman who needs to ensure that he gets extra fuel for his body (during half-time), this is the perfect option for that sporty hourglass body.
History Of Sev Usal Recipe
The name of this meal is a combination of two words: Sevo and usal (pronounced us -sal), which mean “being healthy.”
During the Ottoman Empire, people sometimes used sev usal as a combination meal containing meat, poultry, fish, and sometimes vegetables while low in carbs and calories. In Western Armenia, this meal is called “several.”
It was the Arabs that brought this recipe to the world. When the Arabs invaded Spain in 711 AD, they used this recipe for their daily meals.
Can I Freeze It?
Yes! You can freeze sev usal after it’s prepared and then defrost in the refrigerator or on top of the oven.
Can I Make Sev Usal With Bread Flour?
Yes, you can use bread flour. You have to replace 1 cup of all-purpose flour in the recipe with bread flour.
Can I Make Sev Usal Without Yeast?
Yes, you can use water instead of yeast, but your dough won’t be as elastic. Also, your dough will be a little bit tougher.
Is It Healthy?
Yes, it is healthy, especially if you’re looking for a healthy meal that gives you all the nutrients you need and is low in fat. If not, keep reading because I’m about to share some more reasons why you should make this recipe!
This meal is one of the most common and easy to prepare meals that even children can do, making it a great option for kids who have stomach problems or don’t like to eat vegetables but love to have bread.
How To Freeze?
This recipe lasts up to 3 months when it’s frozen. You can wrap each bread in aluminum foil and then place them all together in a freezer bag.
Sev usal recipe is a nutritious meal that you can use for any meal or snack because it can be used for breakfast and dinner. You can also heat it and make a complete meal out of it by adding your favorite vegetables.
Sev usal recipe is perfect for people with diabetes because it contains less fat than conventional fats and calories while still providing nutrients and fibre.
Sev usal recipe is a healthy meal that offers you a lot of fibre, iron, protein, vitamins & minerals.