Seafood Panang Curry Recipe This seafood curry recipe is easy, simple, and delicious. It’s a great idea for making fish so delicious that you can’t have enough of it.
This recipe is perfect for a weeknight dinner, and it is something that will be very affordable. It’s also a great way to use up leftovers!
The fish cut in this recipe can vary depending on what you’ve got in your fridge or freezer. If you’re looking to get some extra flavor in, consider substituting the prawns with some calamari, sauteed shrimp, or skinless, boneless chicken thighs.
How To Make Seafood Panang Curry Recipe?
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
Servings: 2 people
- Coconut Milk, 1 can reduced-fat (13.5 fl. oz.)
- Panang Curry paste, 1 Tbsp
- Onions, raw, 1 tbsp chopped
- Peppers, sweet, red, fresh, 1 tbsp
- Honey, 1 tbsp
- Jumbo Shrimp, raw, 4 oz
- 2 cups water or low sodium low-fat chicken broth
- Jasmine Rice, 1 cup uncooked
1. Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add the shrimp and scallops to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes. Pour in 1 cup of water or chicken stock, cover, and bring to a boil. Cook for about 4 minutes or until the shrimp is opaque and cooked through.
2. Meanwhile, whisk together coconut milk, curry paste, honey, and fish sauce to taste (starting with a teaspoon).
As you whisk, you will notice that the paste will start to break down into more of a liquid consistency which is normal as it blends with liquids.
3. Once the shrimp and scallops are cooked through, remove them from the heat and set them aside in a bowl.
Add coconut milk mixture to the pot.
4. Let simmer over very low heat for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add the contents of the shrimp bowl along with onions and bell pepper. Stir well to mix everything, reheat (if needed) and serve over hot jasmine rice.
Nutrition Facts Of Seafood Panang Curry Recipe
|Total Fat||9.4 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||39.6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3.1 g|
1. Add more veggies (if desired).
2. You can make the curry thinner by adding less coconut milk and simmering for a shorter time.
3. You should not need to store this curry in the fridge so that it can be stored in the freezer for up to 1 month!
4. If you want to add extra protein, you can add some boneless chicken breast, shrimps, or squid before adding your scallops and shrimp.
5. You can use coconut milk, almond milk, or any other type of milk.
Health Benefits of Seafood Panang Curry Recipe
1. Prawns are high in zinc, which plays a role in developing your immune system and your reproductive health. They also contain selenium which promotes healthy hair, skin, and nails.
2. Scallops are rich in B-12 vitamins, and they also provide us with good amounts of phosphorus, proteins, and potassium.
3. Shrimp is a good source of riboflavin, niacin, phosphorous, and other essential nutrients for a healthy diet.
4. Scallops are a great source of selenium, which boosts your immune system. It also contains vitamin B6 and zinc.
5. Shrimp are great sources of niacin and selenium. They are also the highest in protein among all foods, making them ideal for those who follow vegetarian diets.
Can I Freeze It?
Not really! The only thing that you can freeze is the curry paste. All of the other items need to be heated within a few minutes of being removed from heat before being allowed to cool.
Is It Healthy?
Yes! If you do not put in too much coconut milk and curry paste, this recipe will be very low in fat.
Can I Double The Recipe?
Yes, you can double up this recipe and make it in a larger pot, and it will be fine. You’ll have to simmer it for a little longer if you do double the recipe so that it will thicken up well.
Can I Make It Gluten Free?
Yes! Use coconut cream instead of coconut milk. You can use cauliflower rice as a substitute for rice.
This recipe is easy and quick to make, ideal for busy weeknights. You can add your protein source if you’d like. Remember to keep the heat low so that the shrimp and scallops stay together.
If you’re looking for a new way to cook fish and seafood, this recipe is ideal, as there are not too many ingredients in it! It’s also very versatile in that you can use whatever types of seafood you have on hand.