Sandwichon Recipe easy-to-make, the animal-free dish, is made from a creamy white bean spread and thinly sliced, crispy bread.
You can make sandwiches or cut them into rounds and serve as an appetizer with different toppings.
It’s very filling, so feel free to use less cream cheese and more beans if you want it to be a lighter meal!
Fresh summer vegetable sandwiches are perfect for packing in lunches or taking on picnics during the busy school year.
How to make Sandwichon Recipe
- ½ cup cashews, soaked in water for at least 6 hours
- 1 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt – to taste
- 1 slice bread of your choice (I used sprouted wheat bread from Thrive Market) *see notes for gluten-free bread*
1. Blend cashews, garlic, and water in a high-speed blender until very smooth. Add salt and blend again.
2. Spread a thin layer of white bean spread on the bread slice, add another piece on top and repeat with the other side of the bread slice.
3. Serve to your friends and enjoy!
You may like: Drunken Duck Recipe: Great 10 Best Serving Suggestions
Nutrition facts of Sandwichon Recipe
|Net Carbs||27.1 g|
7 health Benefits of Sandwichon Recipe
1. Sandwichon Recipe is a smart choice for vegetarians, vegans, and anyone on a carb-restricted diet since it does not contain meat.
2. Sandwichon Recipe can be used for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, making it an ideal food to use throughout the day to boost energy levels and ward off hunger pangs.
3. Sandwichon Recipe contains phytonutrients that have been shown to help fight cancer cell growth.
4. Sandwichon Recipe is a healthy plant-based meal high in fiber, which helps fill you up and keep your tummy satisfied.
5. Since it is made from beans, it’s very heart-friendly and low-carb.
6. For more information on how the food industry influences our health, check out this article in 2009 – How GMO food affects human health. It’s well worth a read!
7. Sandwichon Recipe is perfect for the vegan and vegetarian who are going to college!
Is It Healthy?
Sandwich Recipe is a healthy dish that’s also low in calories, meaning you still have plenty of calories left over to consume other healthy foods.
It has no cholesterol and very little fat; it’s suitable for following a vegan or vegetarian diet. If you are watching your consumption of carbohydrates, Sandwichon Recipe can be a great source of fiber and plant-based protein that will help fill you up.
How to store?
Store Sandwichon Recipe in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days. You can also freeze portions of it in airtight containers.
How to make it?
In a small bowl, pour the water in and add the cashews. Allow them to soak for at least 6 hours or overnight. After they have soaked, drain them and transfer them to a blender.
Add the salt, nutritional yeast, and garlic. Blend on high until well mixed and smooth. Toast your bread of choice until golden brown.
Spread your white bean spread on one slice of the bread and top with another piece of toast (or use whatever you like).
Can I Freeze It?
Sandwichon Recipe can be frozen and thawed as many times as you need. To freeze: Place it in an airtight container and place it in the freezer. For a thawing method, could you put it in the fridge overnight? Thaw at room temperature.
The Bottom Line
Sandwichon Recipe is a very high in carbs dish that I love! I like to make it during the summer because of the fresh vegetables and fruit it’s filled with.
It’s ideal for picnics, packed lunches, and just about any occasion. If you are looking for more recipes to fill your diet, check out this article on 7 Healthy Recipes from Thrive Market.