San Giorgio baked ziti recipe is a classic ziti dish that is simple and delicious. San Giorgio baked ziti recipe is also economical because it uses ingredients like tomato sauce, ground beef, macaroni, and cheese.
San Giorgio baked ziti recipe starts with browning the ground beef in a pan; this will help brown any clumps or fatty bits in the meat.
San Giorgio baked ziti recipe adds the seasonings and spices and then tosses in the sauce that will coat the ziti. The ziti can be cooked al dente, but it is best to cook it slightly less to absorb all of the flavours.
Once the ziti is cooked, it is added to a baking dish with some cheese sprinkled on top. San Giorgio baked ziti recipe lets everything sit for about an hour for maximum flavour absorption before serving.
What Is The San Giorgio Baked Ziti Recipe?
San Giorgio baked ziti recipe is an easy, traditional American Roman dish. This is made with pasta and sauce entwined with ground beef and other Italian spices.
San Giorgio baked ziti recipe is frequently made with short pasta like macaroni or penne. However, you can also make it with any pasta, including ravioli or farfalle.
This recipe is a classic, simple dish that everyone loves. Here at Make Your Pasta, we have found that San Giorgio baked ziti recipe is a great dish for anyone to make.
The recipe is easy, the ingredients are accessible, and there are many variations of this dish on the Internet. Besides ground beef, you can use different meats, such as veal or chicken.
You can add tomatoes to the sauce in place of the canned tomato (which would make it more authentic).
How To Make San Giorgio Baked Ziti Recipe?
It is an easy recipe for San Giorgio baked ziti recipe. You can use the ingredients in any order that you wish.
Start by browning the ground beef in a medium pan. The reason why browning is essential is that it cooks out any excess fat or moisture that may have made it through the meat to start with.
If you are using veal or chicken, be sure to remove any excess fat from the meat before adding it to the pot.
- 1 pound of pasta (macaroni or penne)
- 1 pound of ground beef, browned
- 3 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of salt (or more to taste)
- 6 ounces of tomato sauce (about one can)
- Fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- Spinach leaves for garnish. [optional] + 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese for garnish. [optional]
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese for garnish. [optional]
Directions To Cook:
Step-1. Heat a pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil until very hot.
Step-2. Add the ground beef when the oil is hot and brown it. Make sure to break up any clumps of meat by pushing them apart with a spoon or spatula.
Step-3. Add in the chopped onions and garlic, along with some salt and pepper to taste, and stir for about 1 minute until cooked through.
Step-4. Add the tomato sauce, bring it to a simmer, and then turn off the heat.
Step-5. Cook the pasta in a pot of salted water until al dente and drain well.
Step-6. In a large pan/bowl, add the cooked pasta along with the beef mixture & toss to coat well.
Step-7. Preheat oven to 350F (180C) and mix in 1 tablespoon of olive oil with salt and pepper on top of the pasta & stir to distribute evenly.
Step-8. Spread the paste in a square casserole dish (or other oven-safe dishes) and cover with 1 cup of parmesan cheese and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, if using.
Step-9. Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and browned. Be sure not to let the dish burn; you may need to cover it with foil if it is browning too fast or remove it from the oven after 10 minutes if it is not quite golden yet.
Nutrition Facts Of San Giorgio Baked Ziti Recipe
San Giorgio baked ziti recipe contains a total of:
- Calories: 447.7
- Saturated Fat: none
- Fat: 64.3g
- Carbohydrates: 12.6g
- Protein: 25.6g
- Cholesterol: 76mg
- Fibre: 2.6g
- Sugar: 2.6g
- Calcium: 32.1mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Magnesium: 34.7mg
- Zinc: 0.7mg
- Vitamin C: 0.8mg
- Vitamin B12: 38.4ug
- Vitamin A: 57.3ug
What Are San Giorgio Baked Ziti Recipe Health Benefits?
1. This recipe is quick, inexpensive, and easy to make.
2. It is a very simple dish that will never go out of style.
3. It has a rich and savoury taste that will please most palates.
4. It can be served as an entree or side dish.
5. San Giorgio baked ziti recipe is a hearty dish that can serve as an appetizer or main course.
6. It has almost no calories, fat, and sodium to be healthy for you.
7. You can add different meats to the dish to make it more savoury or spicy, depending on your personal preference or what you have in the kitchen at the time of cooking.
8. It has a rich and savoury taste that will please most palates.
9. San Giorgio baked ziti recipe is more economical since it uses ingredients like ground beef, macaroni, and cheese readily available at an affordable price.
10. This recipe is a dish that can be made for parties, family gatherings or even on special occasions like Thanksgiving or Christmas.
San Giorgio baked ziti recipe is an easy, traditional American Roman dish. This recipe is made with pasta and sauce entwined with ground beef and other Italian spices.
It is frequently made with short pasta like macaroni or penne.
However, you can also make it with any pasta, including ravioli or farfalle.
San Giorgio baked ziti recipe is a classic, simple dish that everyone loves.