The salty nut shot recipe is a deliciously tangy, sweet, and salty dessert that takes seconds to prepare. The ingredients are simple, yet they come together to create something both tasty and satisfying.
Best of all, it requires minimal cooking! I discovered this recipe as I was reading through a copy of the James Beard cookbook.
In it, the author, Sara Moulton, suggests that this dessert can be prepared in 5 minutes. I have never seen a dessert that took less time to make, and while it may not look like much, it is well worth the 5 minutes.
How To Make Salty Nut Shot Recipe?
- 6 cups Cheerios (dry)
- 1 2/3 cups unsalted butter, melted
- 2 1/3 cups sea salt flakes
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Step 1. Measure dry ingredients into a large bowl and stir to combine. Add melted butter, stirring until the mixture becomes crumbly. Transfer to a shallow dish or onto wax paper for easy transporting to the oven. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes, stirring every 3 minutes with a wooden spoon so that all of the oats bake evenly. Stir in vanilla extract during the last 2 minutes of baking time, if using; otherwise, allow bars to cool before adding flavorings.
Step 2. When the bars have cooled, stir in the nuts by hand. Place in an airtight container and store at room temperature for up to 3 months.
Step 3. Measure dry ingredients into a large bowl and stir to combine. Add melted butter, stirring until the mixture becomes crumbly. Transfer to a shallow dish or onto wax paper for easy transporting to the oven.
Step 4. When the bars have cooled, stir in the nuts by hand. Place in an airtight container and store at room temperature for up to 3 months.
Notes: Because no butter is used, the finished bars will be very crumbly, but taste just like salty nut clusters!
Nutrition Fact Salty Nut Shot Recipe:
|Total Fat||26 grams (28%)|
|Saturated Fat||16 grams (7%)|
|Trans Fat||1 gram (0%)|
|Cholesterol||62 mg (18%)|
|Sodium||809 mg (34%)|
|Total Carbohydrate||78 grams (6%)|
Who Can Eat This Delicious Recipe?
Those who are sensitive to gluten, lactose, and/or nut allergies should avoid preparing this delicious salty nut shots recipe. It is also important to note that many of the ingredients can affect one’s health depending on how much is consumed.
Dietary fiber, for example, is beneficial for the body because it helps in bowel movement, absorption of nutrients in the body and blood glucose regulation. Cheerios consist of 100 percent whole grain and has a high dietary fiber content.
6 Amazing Nutrition Fact You Don’t Know
1. Lycopene, a Vitamin A compound, is responsible for the red color in tomatoes. It is also called the “forbidden fruit” for its reputation of curing everything from cancer to impotence.
2. Cashew nuts are considered a food that have satisfied more people than any other food in the world.
3. The sodium-potassium pump is considered as one of the most important pumps inside our human body. It transports 2/3rd of sodium out of every cell to maintain water balance while transporting 2/3rd of potassium inside the cell to maintain electrical stability.
3. Chocolate contains anti-inflammatory properties that can help prevent and treat asthma, bronchitis, and other respiratory conditions.
4. Quinoa is not only a high protein cereal grain but also a source of complete vegetable protein because it contains all 9 amino acids which are the building blocks for proteins in the body.
5. Hazelnuts are not only famous for being called a superfood but also as one of the richest sources of antioxidants and minerals that can help protect your skin, eyes, heart, and brain.
6. During the Second World War in Italy, researchers found that eating cheese was helpful to boost lactation in nursing mothers who had access to very little food supplies.
Can I Safe To Freeze This Recipe?
Yes, you can. The salty nut shots recipe is a treat that tastes even better when frozen, so you might want to freeze some as well as enjoy it while it’s still fresh!
Who Can Eat This Recipe?
The salty nut shot recipe is great for those who are following a lactose-free diet and those who are allergic to dairy products. Cheerios are a good alternative to milk and powder in most recipes. For those who have lactose intolerance, Cheerios are a great substitute for milk in recipes.
If you have never heard of lactose intolerance before, it is a condition that causes adverse effects when consuming dairy products. Sufferers will experience symptoms that include diarrhea, stomach cramps, and bloating. The severity of these symptoms differs from person to person.
If your family loves salty nut bars, and you’re looking for a quick and easy recipe, look no further! The salty nut shot recipe is made of only 5 ingredients. You can make six batches in less than 10 minutes as well as easily transport them to the oven. You can also store the bars in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
If you are looking for something healthier but still slightly sweet and crunchy, consider eating these bars at room temperature or even straight from the fridge for a refreshing snack.