Salty Balls Recipe As a joke, my husband and I used to call these “salty balls.” You make them by rolling up balls of sweetened condensed milk and tossing them into salted milk until the whole ball is coated in a salty, starchy coating.
The result is something like a snowball with sprinkles on top! This recipe is so easy that even kids can do it with some help from an adult.
How to make Salty Balls Recipe
- 1 oz. of sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cup of salted milk (the kind with bits of salt in it)
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- Confectioners’ sugar for dusting the balls.
1. Mix the sweetened condensed milk and the salted milk thoroughly in a small bowl. Add a little bit of water if too dry and stiff.
2. Remove a handful of the dough above the bubbles, let it swell a little bit, and let’s pinch it between your thumb and your fingers to form small balls.
Crease the ball with your thumb and make a bubble-like indentation using your middle finger to roll out the ball so that it is evenly thin.
3. The balls can be transferred to your hand to continue rolling them out with the middle finger or use a rolling pin or an old muffin tin to flatten them completely until you reach one desired size.
4. Dust the balls with confectioners’ sugar and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper so they don’t stick to each other.
5. Bake in preheated oven at 350F for 10 minutes or until golden brown and dry out completely.
You may like: Chamoy Shot Recipe: Best 8 Prefect Health Benefits
Nutrition facts of Salty Balls Recipe
7 Healthy Nutrition of Salty Balls Recipe
1. Easily absorbed by the body
Sweetened condensed milk rich in fat contains valuable nutrients that are easily absorbed by the body. Therefore, a salty ball is rich in calcium, which increases bone density and strengthens bones.
2. Full of protein and minerals
Milk is rich in calcium and Zinc, so a salty ball is also rich in these minerals. Zinc helps strengthen immune health and prevents infectious diseases. In addition, milk contains much protein needed for the growth of bones and muscles.
3. An inexpensive snack
A ball of sweet condensed milk is a very easy and affordable snack. It is also a healthy alternative to junk food.
4. Can be prepared in advance
A ball of sweet condensed milk can be used as a dessert or snack that can be prepared in advance because it can last up to 3 months if stored properly (refrigerator).
Moreover, after being cooked, it will not rot easily because it has been sealed in salted milk, which contains great antibacterial properties.
5. Low fat
Sweetened condensed milk is low in fat and contains no cholesterol. Therefore, it can be consumed by children and people with health problems such as diabetes, where cholesterol intake poses a danger.
6. Can be used to make desserts
Sweetened condensed milk can make phenomenal desserts because it is rich in calcium and Zinc. We recommend using it to make sweetened condensed milk ice cream or chocolate.
7. Great source of energy
If you are a student or athlete, you can use salty balls as a snack during activity so that your body is full of energy.
Can I Freeze It?
You can freeze these snacks after having cooled them down. You can then take a handful of salty balls and roll them into a ball with your hands and keep them in the freezer.
The resulting balls will be more difficult to roll and more fragrant and flavorful because they have been frozen in salted milk.
Can I Make them Ahead of Time?
These snacks can be prepared 1 week ahead of time. However, because it has salted milk, 1 week after preparation, it will be full of taste one week after practice.
Can I Eat Them With Milk?
Yes, you can eat them before or after the preparation with milk, but if you eat them without milk, they are relatively low in calories.
As a result, you can also eat them with milk to increase the calories and the nutritional value.
Can I Eat Them After Cooking?
Yes, after cooking you can eat them without milk or with milk. Because they have been sealed in salted milk, they are relatively low in calories.
So if you don’t like to add more calories and fat to your diet and are not on a diet, then eating them after preparation is a good option because, in this case, they do not contain added fat and cholesterol.
The Bottom Line
Salty Balls Recipe are excellent ways to increase the calcium and zinc your body needs. Calcium is a mineral that helps develop bones and muscle mass,
so it is ideal for those who wish to strengthen their bones and muscles. On the other hand, Zinc has an important role in maintaining immune health and preventing infectious diseases.