Red Pepper Crema Recipe is the perfect summer drink. It’s refreshing, tangy, and sweet, with a hint of spice from the red pepper.
It makes for an excellent cocktail, or you can use it as a low-calorie dip for appetizers. This is my revised recipe for crema, which I learned about through The Kitchn’s site.
How to make Red Pepper Crema Recipe
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt
- Zest of 1 lime
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
1. Coarsely chop the red pepper. It does not need to be perfectly diced, only coarsely chopped. Set aside for now.
2. Measure out the yogurt, a pinch of salt, and the zest of one lime into a bowl and mix gently with a fork or whisk until well blended.
3. Add the lemon juice and stir gently.
4. Chop the pepper coarsely, or add in ½ cup coarsely chopped red pepper. Stir gently until combined.
5. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours and up to 1 day. The longer it’s refrigerated, the thicker it will become, so you can adjust your liquid level in the recipe accordingly if you let it sit overnight (use 7 tablespoons lemon juice instead of 8).
6. Pour into a serving bowl and serve chilled. It can also be used as a dip for veggies, crackers, or anything else you want to dip in it!
You may like: Pioppini Mushroom Recipe: Top 10 Easy Nutrition
|Saturated Fat||0.1 grams|
The 5 Healthy Nutrition of Red Pepper Crema Recipe
1. Yogurt is an excellent source of Calcium. It is a slow-digesting protein, making it a perfect choice for breakfast. It’s been shown to aid in weight loss, prevent osteoporosis, and much more!
2. Red Pepper Crema Recipe is rich in Vitamin C . Vitamin C helps with iron absorption to help prevent anemia.
3. Red Pepper Crema Recipe is rich in vitamin A . Vitamin A is an excellent antioxidant.
4. Red Pepper Crema Recipe is rich in vitamin B-9. Vitamin B-9 prevents heart disease, strokes, and cancer.
5. Red Pepper Crema Recipe is rich in potassium. Potassium helps with muscle cramps and strengthens bones and teeth.
The History of Red Pepper Crema Recipe
Red pepper crema is an all-time classic modern-day salsa. It’s a simple, summery, tangy dessert or drinks recipe.
Red Pepper Crema Recipe was invented sometime during the early 1900s in Spain and became very popular in Mexico. The original recipe calls for red bell peppers, which are now scarce and primarily used in cooking.
Can I Freeze It?
Yes, you can freeze Red Pepper Crema Recipe. Freezing is not recommended, making it watery and losing its flavor.
What Else Can I Do With Red Pepper Crema Recipe?
Red Pepper Crema Recipe is delicious on its own, but you can use it as a dip for veggies, bread, or crackers.
More Recipes Like Red Pepper Crema Recipe
Tips for Red Pepper Crema Recipe
1. Use a food processor to chop up your peppers before adding them to the blender. It will come out smoother and much more evenly chopped.
2. Use a dry measuring cup to measure your ingredients, rather than the spoons that come with the blender. It makes a much more accurate measurement.
3. Chill your blender for 15 minutes before blending the ingredients to make sure your blender is cold, and it will work better without any liquid leaking out of the sides.
4. Use a fine mesh strainer to remove the pepper seeds or use a handheld electric mixer instead of the food processor or blender for this recipe. It will give you a much more even texture than using the food processor or blender.
Is It Healthy?
Red Pepper Crema Recipe is a low-fat, low-calorie treat. It is a promising finding for those trying to cut back on calories and fat intake.
The Low Down on Red Pepper Crema Recipe
The ingredient which makes Red Pepper Crema Recipe so creamy is yogurt, which has a thick consistency, similar to heavy cream.
Yogurt also adds a tangy flavor to this dish. Try this easy-to-make drink the next time you’re looking for an appetizer or quick dessert recipe.
The Bottom Line
Red Pepper Crema Recipe is smooth, tangy, and sweet but with a subtle hint of spice. It’s a perfect summer drink.
It’s refreshing, tangy, and sweet, with a hint of spice from the red pepper. It makes for an excellent cocktail, or you can use it as a low-calorie dip for appetizers.