Red Hot and Blue Redskin Potato Salad Recipe is a simple recipe that is bound to make your next tailgating party more exciting.
It is an easy dish to create and can be made in less than 30 minutes. The secret ingredient that gives this dish the red hot and blue color is the mayonnaise, and it tastes excellent with this spiced up flavor.
The salad includes all of your classic ingredients for a potato salad, such as kosher salt, black pepper, celery seed, onion powder, paprika, and vinegar, along with chopped chives and relish.
How To prepare Red Hot And Blue Redskin Potato Salad Recipe?
Red Hot And Blue Redskin Potato Salad Recipe is a simple recipe that requires 15 minutes to prepare and 30 minutes to cook.
The secret ingredient that gives this dish the red hot and blue color is red pepper paste (cayenne), but tomato sauce can also be used.
The salad includes all of your classic ingredients for a potato salad, such as kosher salt, black pepper, celery seed, red hair, paprika, and vinegar, along with chopped chives and relish.
- 2 lbs of potatoes.
- 1 cup of mayonnaise.
- 1 Tbsp vinegar or lemon juice.
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (red pepper paste).
- 1/4 tsp salt.
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper.
- 2 chopped stalks of celery.
- 1 small red onion finely chopped.
- 2 diced hard-boiled eggs.
- 1/2 cup of chopped chives, plus extra for garnish.
Step 1. Boil the potatoes in salted water until they are soft and tender. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel and cut them into bite-size pieces. (Reduce cooking time by cutting the potatoes into smaller pieces.)
Step 2. Combine all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Stir well until all ingredients are combined, and then serve cold. You can also make this dish ahead of time and save it in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Step 3. Serve it chilled along with your favorite side dishes, and enjoy!
How to serve Red Hot and Blue Redskin Potato Salad Recipe?
This easy salad can be served cold as an appetizer, or it can be served as a side dish at dinner time, along with your favorite main course or chicken recipe.
Overall, this recipe is a definite win when it comes to the next big family event you will be having.
Amazing 10 Serving Suggestions
1. Make it a complete meal by adding grilled chicken, hot dogs, or smoked turkey for the eggs to make it a main meal.
2. Use this recipe as a healthy side dish while making cooking the main course, or serve it as an appetizer at a party.
3. Add other ingredients such as green beans, peas, and sweet corn kernels.
4. Serve with different sauces such as barbecue sauce or horseradish sauce for garnishing the dish according to your taste preferences.
5. Serve it as a sandwich on a fresh, buttered bun with all of the tomato sauce and top it off with a slice of cheese.
6. For making this dish as a main course, you can chop all of the veggies into small pieces and serve them on muffins or bread slices along with sliced tomato and cheese as garnishes.
7. Make it at home by layering the dressing in individual salad bowls instead of mixing everything into one salad bowl.
8. Take the salad out of the refrigerator 15 minutes before you are ready to serve to make the dish hot.
9. If you want to serve it as a sandwich, add some sliced cheese or mayonnaise. Make sure to layer the slices of bread on top of the peppers, onions, and tomatoes.
10. If you are preparing it as a side dish, you can add lettuce and chopped green onions at the end while mixing everything with the other ingredients in a large bowl.
Have any Side effects?
This recipe can be harmful to the stomach if eaten three times a day. This is because the food is high in protein. People who have sensitive stomachs should avoid eating this dish.
Potatoes are one of the healthiest foods on the planet because they contain a good amount of vitamin C, fiber, and potassium that helps relieve any stomach-related issues people might have.
If you think this article is worth sharing with others, please do so by clicking social networking buttons and helping others get some good information about it.
This Red Hot and Blue Redskin Potato Salad Recipe is an easy dish to prepare and can be made in less than 30 minutes. The secret ingredient that gives this dish the red hot and blue color is the mayonnaise, and it tastes excellent with this spiced up flavor.