Recipe Beet Greens Curry is a savory dish that comes to us from India. Beet greens are green leafy vegetables that flavor like a cross between beets and spinach. The addition of yogurt in this recipe gives this curry a tangy, creamy taste without adding much fat.
This Recipe, Beet Greens Curry, is easy to prepare and very low in calories but offers the unique taste of greens combined with the spices typical of Indian cuisine.
What Is Recipe Beet Greens Curry?
Beet greens are part of the chicory family and are related to beetroot and spinach. They are commonly used in India and can be found in most markets, which makes them a quick ingredient to add to a recipe.
Beet greens have a slightly bitter taste that adds a nice flavor to this recipe when used as part of a curry. Beet greens make an excellent addition to recipes where they are marinated, cooked, or cooked along with something else. They are also a great base for salad dressings and smoothies.
How To Make Recipe Beet Greens Curry?
- 2 cups of chopped beet greens (4-5)
- 1 pound of chopped tomatoes (1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon of onion, minced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
In a large saucepan over medium heat, add olive oil and onions. Add the garlic and cook for a couple of minutes. Set the onion and garlic aside.
Add the cumin, ground ginger, and grated vegetable to the pan. Cook for about two minutes until fragrant. Stir in the chopped tomatoes.
Add 1 cup of water and boil; stir in the beet greens and simmer for about 10 minutes or until greens are tender and ready to serve.
- The green color of the beet leaves can vary depending on where they are grown; be sure to check before serving them with this dish.
- You can substitute the beet greens with spinach or another leafy green vegetable such as mustard greens, collard greens, or kale; remember that cooking times may vary slightly.
- Add curry powder to give this curry a spicier taste.
- You can use coconut milk instead of yogurt for a creamier taste and texture.
- You can add a little bit of sugar to get the dish to thicken up.
- Add grated cauliflower, yam, or potato carrots for a different texture when you serve it with rice, roti, etc. Enjoy!
How Long Will it Take To Prepare?
- prepare Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
Nutrition Fact Of Recipe Beet Greens Curry
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||36 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4.8 g|
7 Serving Ideas For Recipe Beet Greens Curry
- Serve with rice.
- Use in a lamb curry dish.
- Use as a filling for samosas or other Indian-style appetizers.
- Cook with rice and serve it with yogurt and chopped onions on top to make an Indian-style salad dish.
- Make a sauce using this recipe by adding more water, sugar, and yogurt and serving it over broccoli, cauliflower, yam, or other vegetables of your choice; serve with rice to complete the meal.
- Use in a vegetarian green curry.
- Use as a side vegetable in your favorite dish.
Safe To kids?
Yes, it is safe to use in kids’ recipes.
Yes, this recipe is vegetarian.
A side dish to go with your curry?
Serve with rice for a complete meal.
Difficult To Make Recipe Beet Greens Curry At Home?
No difficult steps or ingredients are needed to prepare this recipe at home; you can make it without any special equipment.
Keep It Healthy
- Enjoy this curry dish as part of a low-calorie diet rich in vegetables, fruit, and whole grains.
- No matter what recipe you choose, keep the meal balanced with healthy carbohydrates, lean protein, and lots of vegetables (such as this recipe’s beet greens).
- Add fruits, such as berries and stone fruits to sweeten dishes.
- Use less oil when cooking (such as olive oil) to reduce calories.
Recipe Beet Greens Curry is a savory dish that comes to us from India. This recipe is easy to prepare, offers a unique greens taste, and is very low in calories, but you don’t have to sacrifice great taste by cooking this dish at home.
This Recipe Beet Greens Curry is perfect for any occasion and makes a great side dish. Try it out the next time you have a desire for something new and exciting!
As the need to lose weight increases, the demand for diet pills also increases. I’m sure you have heard of all kinds of new products in the market claiming to help you lose weight fast.
Many people want to lose weight but do not know how and end up buying unsafe over-the-counter products.