The Rainbow swirl cake recipe is a sweet, delicious cake that is an absolute delight to share. The rainbow swirl makes it look amazing. It is best served in small slices as it tastes the best that way.
Rainbow swirl cake recipe Everyone is welcome to join in when it comes to baking for the kids. Between baking, candies, and decorating, each kid will be happy.
The rainbow swirl cake recipe is a simply superb creation for cupcake decorating. This super easy candy topping can supplement any cupcake recipe, so it is a great idea to have this on hand.
The rainbow swirl decoration of this delicious cake is made using candy melts or chocolate, and you can use the templates provided below to get the perfect shape.
You will not regret trying it once.
How To Make A Rainbow Swirl Cake Recipe?
Preparation time: 1 hour
Baking time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cups oil (sunflower or vegetable)
- 3 eggs
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and line a 10-inch bundt pan with parchment paper.
2) Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
3) Whisk together the sugar, milk, and oil in another bowl. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and whisk until well combined.
4) Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix well. Stir 1/2 cup of chocolate chips into the mixture at this point.
5) Spoon half of the batter into a prepared bundt pan and spread evenly to flatten.
6) Using a sharp knife, swirl the second half of batter around (alternatively, you can use toothpicks).
7) Pour remaining batter into prepared pan.
8) Bake until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
9) Let cool in pan for about 10 minutes and then remove from the pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
10) Cut into slices and serve.
Nutrition Per Serving
Health Benefits Of Rainbow Swirl Cake Recipe
1) This cake is a good source of Vitamin E and B6. These help reduce heart disease and cognitive dysfunction and reduce oxidative stress.
2) It also contains potassium and magnesium, beneficial for the body’s nervous system, muscles, and heart.
3) It contains Vitamin A, which helps maintain eyesight and boosts the immune system to fight infections.
4) The presence of omega-3 fatty acids in this cake prevents inflammation, leading to chronic diseases like cancer.
5) This cake also has iron and zinc, which will boost your energy levels.
Facts About Rainbow Swirl Cake Recipe
1) The mixing method for the cake can be replaced by using a food processor and a hand mixer.
2) It is very important to get the consistency right while making this cake. It shouldn’t be too thick or too thin. If you have added too much milk, you can add some flour mixture to thicken it. With oil, add more sugar instead.
3) Double check if you have added the baking powder. If not, add it in.
4) The taste improves and is even more delicious on the second day.
5) Don’t reheat the cake as it adversely affects its moistness and taste.
6) If you are using a bundt pan, you can shake it a bit to get an even layer of batter at the bottom.
7) Do not overcook the cake, or it will become hard.
How Long Does It Take To Make A Rainbow Swirl Cake Recipe?
It takes about 1 hour to make this cake.
Is The Cake Better To Eat On The Second Day?
Yes, it tastes even better on the second day to prepare it in advance.
Can I Change The Flavour Of This Cake?
You can experiment by adding any combination of berries that you like.
What Temperature Should The Oven Be At?
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Can I Add Nuts To This Cake?
Yes, chopped walnuts and other nuts like peanuts, almonds, and pine nuts are a great addition to this cake. Some people even like pistachio, but it is a bit expensive.
How Can I Store This Cake?
It is best served at room temperature. You can store it in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
How Can I Prevent The Cake From Cracking?
Pour the batter slowly into the pan, give it a few swirls and bake. You can use a toothpick while baking to poke any cracks that form on the top of the cake.
Can I Microwave The Cake?
No. It is not advisable as the heat generated by microwaves may cause the cake to crack.
Can I Use A Different Nut Variety?
Yes, you can replace nuts with any nuts you like. You can use walnuts, macadamia nuts, almonds, or pistachio.
The Rainbow swirl cake recipe is quite simple and can be made in just an hour. It makes a great cake for kids to enjoy.
You also get to experiment with different nut varieties, so use your imagination and share your creations with us by leaving a comment below. We would love to see it!
Thank you for reading this Rainbow swirl cake recipe article.