As an avid baking enthusiast, I am thrilled to share with you my personal recipe for the decadent Queen Emma Cake.
This delightful dessert is fit for royalty, with its rich flavours and elegant presentation.
Whether you’re hosting a special celebration or simply craving a touch of indulgence, this recipe is sure to impress your guests and leave them asking for seconds.
So, let’s get started on creating this regal masterpiece!
How To Make Queen Emma Cake Recipe?
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Baking time: 40 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 9-inch round cake pan
- Mixing bowls
- Whisk or electric mixer
- Rubber spatula
- Wire rack
- Piping bag with a star tip (optional)
Ingredients: For the Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
For the Cream Filling
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Chocolate Ganache
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
Directions For Cake
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract.
5. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk. Begin and end with the dry ingredients, mixing well after each addition.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth the top with a rubber spatula.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
Preparing the Cream Filling
1. In a chilled mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
2. Once the cake has cooled completely, slice it horizontally into two equal layers.
3. Spread the whipped cream filling evenly over the bottom layer of the cake.
4. Carefully place the top layer of the cake over the cream filling.
Preparing the Chocolate Ganache
1. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the dark chocolate chips and heavy cream.
2. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until the chocolate is fully melted and smooth.
3. Allow the ganache to cool slightly before pouring it over the assembled cake, allowing it to drizzle down the sides.
4. If desired, use a piping bag with a star tip to pipe rosettes or decorative patterns on top of the cake.
Nutrition Fact Of Queen Emma Cake Recipe
- Calories: 485
- Total Fat: 32g
- Saturated Fat: 20g
- Cholesterol: 128mg
- Sodium: 233mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 45g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 25g
- Protein: 7g
1. Garnish the cake with fresh berries or edible flowers for an elegant touch.
2. Serve it with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of chocolate shavings on the side.
3. Pair it with a cup of hot coffee or a refreshing fruit-infused iced tea.
Tips and Variations
1. For a citrus twist, add the zest of one lemon or orange to the cake batter.
2. Experiment with different flavored creams such as chocolate, raspberry, or coffee to create your unique filling.
3. If you prefer a lighter cake, you can substitute half of the all-purpose flour with cake flour.
While the Queen Emma Cake is undoubtedly a treat for the taste buds, it’s important to indulge in moderation.
However, it’s worth noting that this cake can bring a smile to your face and provide a moment of joy.
The act of baking and sharing homemade desserts can create a sense of connection and happiness, promoting mental well-being.
Baking the Queen Emma Cake is a truly rewarding experience that allows you to create a majestic dessert that will impress your loved ones and make any occasion special.
With its moist layers, luscious cream filling, and rich chocolate ganache, this cake is a true indulgence.
So, put on your apron, gather your ingredients, and embark on a delightful baking adventure fit for royalty.
Enjoy the journey, savor the flavors, and let the Queen Emma Cake reign supreme in your culinary repertoire!