The Punjabi boneless chicken curry recipe is a very delicious dish of great use. It is a recipe that can be made with few ingredients and requires little time to make. In addition, it is also very healthy for those who want healthy recipes.
For many households, this curry recipe has become quite famous because of the ease and time required for preparation and its good taste and flavors. It can be served hot or cold and is quite satisfying. In this recipe, a mass of chicken meat is used, but you can also use other types of meat such as beef, lamb, and pork.
Though there are different versions of this recipe worldwide, the general ingredients you need are garlic paste, ginger paste, red chili powder, coriander powder, and salt to taste. The first step in cooking this dish is to marinate the chicken pieces with those ingredients for a good 40 minutes at room temperature.
This is a famous recipe from the Indian state of Punjab. In Punjab, this dish is called chicken, which means “unstuffed chicken.”
Chicken pieces marinated with spices and fresh herbs form the base of this recipe. You may also use leftover chicken. The cooking time for this dish is about 45 minutes with frequent stirring. Serve hot or cold.
How To Make Punjabi Boneless Chicken Curry Recipe?
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Ingredients For Punjabi Boneless Chicken Curry Recipe
- 2 lbs Chicken meat boneless (8 pieces)
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp fresh garlic paste
- 1/4 cup natural yogurt (heaping)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 bay leaf
- 4 onions, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 cup water
- 10-15 curry leaves
Method For Punjabi Boneless Chicken Curry Recipe
1. Marinate the chicken pieces with ginger garlic paste, yogurt, salt, and red chili powder in a bowl. Cover it and refrigerate for 40 minutes.
2. In a saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add bay leaf and cumin seeds, and sauté for 20 seconds. Add onion and curry leaves, sauté for 20 minutes till brown; stir occasionally.
3. Add tomato, and sauté till mushy; stir occasionally. Add coriander powder, turmeric, red chili powder, and sauté for 2 minutes.
4. Add chicken pieces and their marinade, stir well, and cook rapidly for 20 minutes or until the chicken pieces are cooked through.
5. Finally, add water, mix well and simmer for another 15 minutes or till the gravy thickens to desired consistency.
6. Add garam masala, adjust salt, and it’s ready to serve.
7. Serve hot with rice, roti, or paratha.
Curry leaves are the most important ingredient in any Punjabi dish since Punjabi boneless chicken curry recipe imparts a lovely flavor to the gravy. Also, add water according to your desired consistency of gravy [thick or thin]. You may also add some cream if you like, but take care not to over-cook as kids might not like that curry.
Nutrition Facts Of Punjabi Boneless Chicken Curry Recipe
- Calories: 538 kcal
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 878 mg
- Potassium: 834 mg
- Carbohydrates: 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.4 g
- Sugar: 5.7 g
- Protein: 59.8 g
5 Amazing Serving Ideas For Punjabi Boneless Chicken Curry Recipe
1. You may also serve this curry with boiled rice, roti, and kachumbari.
2. You can serve this curry chilled. Add some mint leaves and chopped onion to make a refreshing summery salad.
3. Serve in sandwich buns with avocado, lettuce, and tomato to make a healthy snack.
4. You may also coat roasted chicken pieces with this curry, sprinkle with dry roasted peanuts, and serve it as a side dish.
Yummiest Punjabi boneless chicken curry recipe.
5. You may also use it as a filling for parathas, served with soft butter or cream.
Boneless chicken curry is a very delicious recipe, including chicken pieces. It is very simple to make and can be served hot or cold. This is a very healthy dish and can be included in your daily meal menu. As kids usually do not like spicy food, no flavors are added to this dish, so you may use the different spices per your taste requirements.
We believe that the above-given recipe is a good one. If you enjoy this dish and find it worth sharing, please share the recipe with your family, friends, co-workers, and families.
Enjoy cooking and keep experimenting with making healthy and tasty dishes. Comment to let me know how it turned out after you made this recipe. If you have any questions or comments, you can also let me know through comments.
Thank you for reading my blog!