Potato Egg Curry Recipe | A tasty, healthy recipe that will quickly become a favorite. This is a very easy and quick recipe to make that taste great!
I enjoy adding eggs to my recipes, mostly because of the protein it contains. I like to use potatoes for this dish because they are inexpensive, simple to cook, and have many flavors.
To keep it tasty and rich in flavor, use flavorful vegetables like carrots or celery with lots of spices like cardamom and cinnamon.
How to make Potato Egg Curry Recipe
- 1 big potato (peeled and cut into cubes)
- 1 medium onion (cut into thin slices)
- 2 tsp oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 20 curry leaves (optional)
- 1 tsp grated ginger or ½ inch of ginger finely chopped
- 4 green chilies or to taste (finely chopped, optional)
- 1 sprig of curry leaves (optional)
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder (Haldi)
- ¼ tsp achar masala powder
Step 1: Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, curry leaves, ginger, and green chilies. When the mustard seeds pop, add the onions and fry for about 3-4 minutes.
Step 2: Add potatoes, salt, turmeric powder, achar masala powder, curry leaves sprig, and ½ cup of water. Adjust the seasoning as needed.
Cover and cook until potatoes are tender but not mushy (about 10-12 minutes). Add more spices if needed.
Step 3: Remove from heat and add beaten eggs. Mix well and cover for about 2 minutes, so the egg absorbs more flavor.
Step 4: Serve hot with chapati, paratha, or rice.
Nutrition facts of Potato Egg Curry Recipe
Serving size: 2
Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 200
- Total Fat: 9.9 g
- Cholesterol: 186 mg
- Saturated fat: 1.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 28.5 g
- Sugar: 0.5 g
- Protein: 7.1 g
- Fiber: 3.2 g
- Calories from Fat 28%
Best 7 Health Benefits of Potato Egg Curry Recipe
1. Potato Egg Curry Recipe are low in carbs and high in fiber. They are also high in potassium and vitamin C, which are great for your body’s metabolism.
2. Potatoes are rich in antioxidants and vitamin A, which are great for your body’s health. This helps combat free radicals and cell damage.
3. Potatoes are a very good source of vitamin E, which promotes healthy skin and hair growth, especially for women.
4. Potato Egg Curry Recipe are rich in manganese, an essential mineral for your body’s bone health. It also helps fight stress and depression.
5. Potatoes are loaded with potassium, which is important for controlling blood pressure levels.
6. Potatoes also have a lot of iron, calcium, and vitamin C, which are great for your body’s health and overall growth.
7. Potato Egg Curry Recipe is an excellent source of proteins with all the necessary amino acids you need daily to stay healthy and fit.
Can I Freeze It?
Potato Egg Curry can be used as a side dish. It will taste great when served warm or chilled. You may also want to freeze some of this to use later on. This would be an excellent backup for school lunches, parties, and camping trips.
Burmese egg and potato curry
Had the Burmese egg and potato curry today at lunch! Wow, what a great dish. Not too different from the Indian potato egg curry. It had some roasted spices, which gave it a wonderful flavor.
Potato Egg curry without tomato
Tried making potato egg curry with no tomato; it is a good combination. Burmese spices are good, but Indian spices work too.
Potato Egg Curry Recipe Egg and Potato Curry
Went to an Indian restaurant last week and ordered the egg and potato curry. So I decided to make my version of it at home. Potato Egg Curry Recipe is my first attempt at cooking an egg with potato, so I am quite excited about the outcome.
Bombay egg and potato curry
I made egg and potato curry today; it tasted nice. Potato Egg Curry Recipe is also my first time cooking eggs with potatoes. I am working on making the same recipe, but I’m unsure if I can get the same taste.
Potato egg curry with coconut
Made a great Bombay egg and potato curry tonight with coconut milk. I think it tasted more like a Kerala egg and potato curry, which I love.
Is It Suger-Free?
Yes, Potato Egg Curry Recipe egg and potato curry is sugar-free. But I have added 1 tsp of jaggery to give the curry a bit of sweet taste, but you can adjust according to your taste.
How Do You Make It?
I used a pressure cooker to cook the potato eggs. It will be very easy for you to make. First, I peeled the potatoes and cut them into small pieces before putting them in the pressure cooker with water.
After about 10 minutes of pressure cooking, I turned on the stove and added about 2 tbsp of vegetable oil, mustard seeds, and curry leaves. When these items began to sizzle, I added chopped onion and ginger to them.
This tasty egg potato curry is an easy and healthy recipe to cook. You will like it if you love the taste of egg and potatoes.
It is a very simple yet delicious dish served with rice or grilled patties and chapati. For more great healthy recipes, follow my blog at.
How do you make egg curry with potatoes?
To make potato egg curry, you must first boil the potatoes in some water and then mash them with a potato masher. After that, put the fried spices in this mashed potato water and continue cooking it for about 15 minutes on medium heat. When the eggs are cooked, you can add them to the curry and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
Should you boil potatoes before putting them in curry?
You can boil potatoes for about ten minutes before putting them into the curry. This will help cook the potatoes faster and prevent the curry from getting sour.
What is egg potato curry?
Egg potato curry is an Indian dish with ground spices, chicken eggs, and boiled potatoes, served with Roti (Indian flat bread), Paratha, or chapati.