The Pioneer woman Mississippi mud cake recipe is a traditional southern cake layered with icing and sugar. The cake consists of a thick sugar mixture soaked with water and lemon juice. This moist recipe creates a soft cake with a sweet and sour taste that all ages can enjoy.
This Pioneer woman Mississippi mud cake recipe is one of the best desserts to make for a family gathering or friends coming over for dinner.
This recipe is easy to make, and the result is sweet enough to make anybody happy! It is very easy to make.
How To Make Pioneer Woman Mississippi Mud Cake Recipe?
Time – 1h20m
Number Of Ingredients – 11
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar (divided)
- 3 eggs (any extras will be used to wash down the mud cake)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract or almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour (sifted)
- 1 tsp. baking powder (sifted)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp corn syrup (about two parts water to one part corn syrup) 1 tsp.
Step-1. To begin, add the butter and shortening together in a large mixing bowl.
Add 1 cup of sugar, eggs, and vanilla or almond extract. Beat the mixture with an electric mixer until it is smooth
Step-2: Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt; then add to the mixture slowly. Mix at low speed until well blended.
Step-3: Add 1 cup of water by parts to your mixture slowly as you mix it at low speed. Mix until the mixture becomes smooth.
Step-4: Add 2 Tbsp. Of lemon juice, corn syrup, and 2 Tbsp. Of water to your mixture slowly as you mix it on low speed with an electric mixer for about 5 minutes.
Step-5: Add the third cup of water, 1 tsp. Of lemon juice, and 1 tsp. Of corn syrup in your mixture slowly as you mix it on low speed with an electric mixer for about 5 minutes.
Step-6: Pour the mixture into a 8 x 4 pan lightly greased with shortening on top, and spread evenly.
Step-7: Bake at 325 degrees for about 15 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Step-8: Let the cake cool completely.
Step-9: After completely cooling, cut it into one-inch squares for serving. Enjoy!
1. This recipe makes a medium size mud cake (cone-shaped).
2. When making this recipe, you should mix the batter at low speed for about 5 minutes with an electric mixer. Also, this recipe is made from scratch and not from a box or can of cake mix as usually found in stores.
|Total Fat||19.3 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.2 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||3.8 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||8.1 g|
Best 11 Healthy Benefits Of Pioneer Woman Mississippi Mud Cake Recipe
1. It boosts your health and immune system.
2. Pioneer woman Mississippi mud cake recipe helps you lose weight by suppressing appetite and reducing fat intake.
3. This cake provides energy and cures low blood pressure, headaches, arthritis, toothaches, and other aches and pains.
4. It controls cholesterol levels in your body.
5. It helps to fight harmful bacterial and viral infections.
6. Pioneer woman Mississippi mud cake recipe is a great source of dietary fiber and helps lower cholesterol level, digestion, weight loss, and many other conditions like constipation, diarrhea, etc.
7. It prevents the onset of aging.
8. It lowers the risk of diabetes and other cardiovascular diseases.
9. It strengthens bones, teeth, and muscles.
10. Pioneer woman Mississippi mud cake recipe improves skin tone, wrinkle-free complexion, and glowing skin by reducing inflammation with its anti-microbial properties and several essential minerals it contains for healthy skin processes.
11. Pioneer woman Mississippi mud cake recipe helps remove toxins from the body by purifying blood, leaving you fresh, youthful, and vibrant every day of your life!
Is It Suitable For Heart Patient?
The pioneer woman Mississippi mud cake is low in sugar contains no trans fats, cholesterol, saturated Fat, or sodium; therefore, you can safely enjoy it even if you are a heart patient.
It Is A Low Glycemic Meal?
Pioneer woman Mississippi mud cake has low glycemic index (GI) value because pioneer woman Mississippi mud cake is 54. Therefore, this cake can be consumed by diabetes and insulin resistance people.
Is This Cake Vegan?
No, it is not vegan as it contains dairy products.
Is This Cake Gluten-Free?
Yes, the Pioneer woman Mississippi mud cake recipe can easily be made for gluten allergy people. Just replace wheat flour with cornflour or almond flour.
How To Store Pioneer Woman Mississippi Mud Cake?
Pioneer woman Mississippi mud cake can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Is It A Healthy Food?
Yes, this cake is healthy as the ingredients used in making this cake are easily available at your home and are very low in calories. It also contains protein, healthy fats, and fiber, making it a good energy booster.
It is now your turn to surprise your family and friends with this simple and easy recipe for a pioneer woman’s Mississippi mud cake.
This delicious, soft, and moist cake can be served whenever you have some guests at home or on any special occasion like the birthday or anniversary of your loved one.
It makes a great gift too! What are you waiting for? Just give it a try and enjoy the taste of this cake.