The peter paul mounds cake recipe is a type of cake that is rich and moist with a crumbly texture. It is known for its chocolate frosting, consisting of icing sugar, butter, cocoa powder, and milk or cream.
You can also add some marshmallows or nuts to the batter for extra flavor and crunch. It is not very difficult to make this cake, but it does require some practice.
The batter comprises flour, butter, cocoa powder, milk or cream, and icing sugar. Although it may not be as rich or dark in color, the pancake mix is an alternative to the cocoa powder in the frosting.
What Is The Peter Paul Mounds Cake Recipe?
The peter paul mounds cake recipe consists of a chocolate base, usually made up of brown sugar and cocoa powder.
The crumbly texture comes from adding in some corn starch, and the top is covered with a sweet and slightly sticky marshmallow frosting.
How To Make Peter Paul Mounds Cake Recipe?
- 1 and 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 sticks (6 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar (packed) or dark brown sugar (granulated)
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1 (14 ounces) package coconut, shredded
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease two 9-inch round cake pans and dust with flour, knocking out excess flour.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl. Set aside.
3. In a separate large bowl, beat the butter and sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy (1 to 2 minutes). Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract until combined.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture alternately with the milk or cream (about 1/3 cup each round). Stir gently after each addition.
5. Divide the batter equally between prepared pans, spreading evenly with a rubber spatula. Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of one cake comes out clean (30 to 40 minutes). Remove pans from the oven and let cool completely in the pans on wire racks before unmolding or icing.
6. To unmold, run a thin spatula around the edges and invert onto the serving platter. Make 2-inch cuts all around the cake with a serrated knife, then cut each piece in half to make 4 layers.
Leave one marshmallow in one layer of the cake for decorating, and add filling to another layer. Put a second layer on top (chocolate side up), then add another marshmallow on top of that layer.
Add the final marshmallow layer on top to finish (chocolate side up).
7. To ice the cake, put some frosting in a small bowl and dip the tip of your finger into it. Smooth out the frosting on each side of the cake without making it run off your finger.
8. To decorate, press a marshmallow over a cut layer to adhere. Make another cut around each marshmallow to make them look like polka dots.
9. Cover and freeze the cake until it is firm, about an hour.
Nutrition Fact Of Peter Paul Mounds Cake Recipe
Best 7 Health Benefits Of Peter Paul Mounds Cake Recipe
1. Peter paul mounds cake recipe is rich in carbohydrates, which is good for energy production in the body.
2. It also contains healthy fats and a moderate amount of proteins, maintaining healthy skin and muscle tissues.
3. Carbs are also the main fuel source, especially for the brain and nervous system. Peter paul’s mounds cake recipe is a very good energy source if you are active and doing physical activities, such as playing sports or exercising.
4. If you are looking for a good source of fiber, you can get it from this recipe. Fiber is a good source of nutrition that is essential to the body. It helps promote healthy bowel movements, which will make you feel full longer.
5. If you are constipated and can’t get any relief from taking over-the-counter medications, adding fiber to your diet may help solve the problem. Fiber helps soften stools and makes them easier to pass through the intestines.
6. As mentioned before, a well-balanced diet is vital to maintaining good health. Peter paul’s mounds cake recipe has a lot of nutrients that are essential for good health and long life.
7. If you have arthritis, this cake is a source of minerals that can help alleviate the pain in your joints. Just make sure that you don’t go overboard on sweets treats or eat too much at once to increase your caloric intake.
Can I Freeze It?
Yes, you can freeze Peter paul’s mounds cake recipe. However, it is best to use plastic wrap to cover the top of the cake. You can also place wax paper on the frosting, but be sure to take it off when thawing the cake.
Prepare a 9-inch round cake pan by cutting out strips of wax paper with a pair of scissors about 2 inches wide and long enough to fit around your pan.
Is It Good For Everybody?
Peter paul mounds cake recipe is very diet-friendly, especially if you have diabetes. It has no trans fats and low saturated fat and cholesterol levels.
Does It Cause Weight Gain?
Peter paul mounds cake recipe will not cause weight gain. However, you may consume more calories because it is rich in carbohydrates, which convert energy into a high conversion.
Other sources of energy are the protein and fat that it contains, which will help maintain healthier body weight.
Peter paul mounds cake recipe provides a rich energy source to your body, especially if you are active. It also has a lot of nutrients that will keep your skin and muscle tissues healthy. It is easy to prepare since you don’t have to add any eggs or butter.
Overall, it is a low-fat and cholesterol cake that will not give you any health problems if taken moderately.