Pea and paneer curry recipe is an exquisite vegetarian dish that can be served with rice or roti. This is a very simple and yummy recipe for pea and paneer curry. It is a great dish to prepare when you have guests, and unexpected guests stop by!
This dish is also very healthy. It has many nutrients and protein and is low in fat. But mostly, it’s delicious! I hope you enjoy this recipe.
How to make the pea and paneer curry recipe?
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for pea and paneer curry recipe:
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 200g paneer, cut into 1.5-2cm cubes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3cm piece ginger, grated
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 150ml single cream
- 200g Grower’s Harvest frozen garden peas
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped fresh coriander
- cooked rice, to serve (optional)
- mango chutney, to serve (optional)
Step 1: Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook the paneer pieces for 2-3 minutes until starting to brown.
Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes until soft, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic, ginger, garam masala, ground cumin, and turmeric and stir for 1 minute.
Step 2: Stir in the tomatoes, chickpeas, and cream. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes until the sauce has reduced.
Step 3: Add the frozen peas and cook for 2-3 minutes until tender, stirring well. Stir in the coriander and return the paneer pieces to the pan with a few tablespoons of water. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 1-2 more until heated. Serve hot with rice if desired.
◉ This dish is quite spicy. If you prefer to tone down the spiciness, reduce the amount of chili powder added.
◉ This is a simple vegetarian curry dish. You can easily use chicken instead of paneer if preferred – however, replacing paneer with chicken will affect the taste and texture.
◉ I like adding chickpeas to this dish as they give it a hearty feel and good texture. You can also substitute chickpeas with boiled or steamed potato or sweet potato.
◉ If you are using tinned chickpeas, ensure that the peas’ shells have been removed by rinsing in plenty of water.
◉ I prefer using Grower’s Harvest Frozen Garden Peas in this recipe as I think they are more flavorful than other brands I have tried.
Nutrition Facts of Pea and paneer curry recipe
- Calories: 302.8
- Fat: 15.5g
- Saturated Fat: 9.6g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Sodium: 599.8mg
- Potassium: 705.1mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 24g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 0.5g
- Protein: 14g
5 Amazing Health Benefits of Pea and paneer curry recipe
1. Peas are an excellent dietary fiber source and have anti-cancer properties. Dietary fiber has many health benefits, including the prevention of heart disease, diabetes, obesity, and constipation.
2. Peas are a good source of protein. Peas are also rich in calcium, which helps strengthen bones and teeth and aid in muscle growth and development.
3. Peas are also a good source of minerals like iron, magnesium, zinc, phosphorus, and potassium.
4. Peas also have anti-cancer properties, helping slow down the growth of cancerous tumors.
5. Peas are a rich source of other important nutrients such as copper, niacin, and potassium, which have many health benefits such as better skin, improved circulation, and balancing blood pressure.
Is the pea and paneer curry recipe good for everybody?
This recipe is good for everybody as it is a low-calorie and low-fat dish. Peas are very high in fiber, protein, and minerals which can help prevent heart disease, diabetes, obesity, and constipation.
How much does Pea and paneer curry cost?
This recipe is very easy to prepare and also cheap to make. You can get this dish at a very low cost as you do not have to buy fresh ingredients. You can use frozen ones instead. This will also save your time and money.
This is a very easy, healthy, and simple dish to prepare. I hope you try this recipe and enjoy it!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If so, please let me know your thoughts in the comments below. Thank you for reading the blog post.