Today, I want to share with you a recipe that holds a special place in my heart – the irresistible Paris Baguette Cake.
This delightful treat is a perfect combination of elegance and indulgence. With its light, fluffy layers and delectable cream filling, it’s sure to impress your friends and loved ones.
So, let’s dive into the world of French baking and create our very own Paris Baguette Cake!
How To Make Paris Baguette Cake Recipe?
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Baking time: 25 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- Stand mixer or handheld mixer
- Mixing bowls
- Rubber spatula
- Cake pans (2 9-inch pans)
- Cooling rack
- Piping bag (optional)
Ingredients: For the cake layers
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
For the cream filling
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the syrup
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon rum or rum extract (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour the cake pans, tapping out any excess flour.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, cream the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
5. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk. Begin and end with the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
6. Divide the batter equally between the prepared cake pans, smoothing the tops with a spatula.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. While the cakes are baking, prepare the cream filling. In a chilled mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until soft peaks form. Set aside.
9. Once the cakes are baked, remove them from the oven and let them cool in the pans for 10 minutes. Transfer the cakes to a cooling rack and let them cool completely.
10. In the meantime, prepare the syrup by combining water and granulated sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and add rum or rum extract if desired. Let the syrup cool.
11. Once the cakes have cooled, slice each cake horizontally into two equal layers using a sharp serrated knife.
12. Place one cake layer on a serving plate. Brush the layer with the syrup using a pastry brush, ensuring it is evenly moistened.
Spread a generous amount of cream filling onto the first cake layer. Repeat this process with the remaining layers, finishing with a layer of cream on top.
Nutrition Facts Of Paris Baguette Cake Recipe
- Calories: 380
- Fat: 23g
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Protein: 5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 21g
Health Benefits Of Paris Baguette Cake Recipe
While Paris Baguette Cake is undoubtedly a treat, it can still be enjoyed as part of a balanced diet.
The cake provides a source of carbohydrates for energy, and the cream filling contributes to the overall calcium and protein intake.
Serving Suggestions For The Paris Baguette Cake Recipe
1. Serve the Paris Baguette Cake as a standalone dessert or alongside a cup of hot coffee or tea.
2. Garnish the cake with fresh berries, such as strawberries or raspberries, for an extra pop of color and flavor.
Tips and Variations
1. For a chocolate twist, add ¼ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder to the dry ingredients when making the cake layers.
2. Experiment with different fillings, such as fruit preserves or lemon curd, to add a unique touch to your Paris Baguette Cake.
Is The Paris Baguette Cake Recipe Healthy?
This cake is extremely healthy. By looking at it, you can tell that it is not just delightful, but also nutritious simply because of the natural ingredients used.
It’s also very easy to digest because of its refined sugar content, which is very low compared to other cakes.
The combination of ingredients such as dried fruits, nuts, and apples makes this cake a good source of fibre.
Is Nutrition Facts Of Paris Baguette Cake Recipe Good For Everybody?
Yes, this cake is good for everybody, and there are no health risks involved in eating this cake.
The Walnut Oil Lowers Your Cholesterol Levels: According to scientific studies, your serum cholesterol levels will be reduced significantly when you consume walnut oil regularly.
Thus the risk of cardiovascular diseases such as atherosclerosis will be greatly reduced.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully created your very own Paris Baguette Cake. The light and airy layers, combined with the indulgent cream filling, make this cake a true delight for any occasion.
Whether you’re hosting a special event or simply treating yourself to a slice of heaven, the Paris Baguette Cake is sure to impress.
So go ahead, savor every bite and enjoy the sweet taste of French pastry perfection!
Thanks for reading it!