Paneer capsicum curry recipe is one of the most famous recipes in India. It is a delicious and tempting curry dish prepared using different paneer, capsicum, tomatoes, onion, and green chilies. You can also add some garlic to give it extra flavor.
Paneer capsicum is an easy-to-make and healthy recipe. It is also very filling and nutritious. This dish is great for school snacks and can also be served on any occasion.
How to make a paneer capsicum curry recipe?
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 2-3 persons
Ingredients for paneer capsicum curry recipe:
- 1 cup paneer cubed
- `1 cup bell pepper cubed
- 3 medium Capsicums, cut into 1-inch square pieces
- 3/4 cup onion chopped fine
- 2 cups tomatoes finely chopped
- 15 cashew nuts
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3 teaspoons oil
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- ½ tsp fennel
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cloves
- 1-inch cinnamon
- Kasuri methi
1. Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a pan, and add the bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves, and cumin seeds.
2. Add the onions and fry until it turns transparent.
3. Add the capsicum pieces and sauté for 2 minutes until the capsicum changes color from green to orange.
4. Add tomato pieces, chili powder, turmeric powder, and salt and sauté.
5. Add ½ cup of water and cook till tomatoes are mushy.
6. Add the cubed paneer and mix it well with tomato gravy.
7. Add 1 cup of water and mix well. Keep cooking on medium flame till the gravy becomes thicker.
8. Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a pan, add cashews and sauté for 30 seconds or until they turn golden brown.
9. Now add the paneer capsicum curry and mix it well for a minute.
10. add garam masala, coriander powder, and salt to it and mix well.
11. Add 1 teaspoon of oil to a tava and spread it evenly with a spoon.
12. Add the above-prepared gravy to the Tava and spread it evenly so that the sauce covers all the sides of the Tava uniformly.
13. Add cashew nuts, and sauté them till they turn golden brown.
14. Now add 1 tablespoon of green chilies. Mix well so that the curry turns reddish-brown.
15. Add Kasuri methi and mix it well.
16. Add 1 teaspoon of oil to a pan, add ½ cup of water and boil it till it turns to a thick gravy base, with the help of which we can make our curry thick.
17. Add the above-prepared paneer capsicum curry and mix it well for a minute. Now switch off the flame and serve.
Nutrition Facts of paneer capsicum curry recipe
- Calories: 173
- Fat: 11.5g
- Carbohydrate: 19.2g
- Protein: 5.5g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Sodium: 163mg
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Sugar: 10.1
5 best variations for paneer capsicum curry recipe
1. You can add a spoon of yogurt or omelet chutney. It will add a good flavor to the dish.
2. Another delicious variation of the paneer capsicum curry recipe is to add 2-3 tablespoons of cornflour into the pan with onion and tomato, cashew nuts, and chilly red powder, then mix in the paneer cubes and mix till they become sticky and creamy.
3. One can also add tomato puree to this recipe.
4. If you are not a big fan of capsicum, you can leave it out.
5. To save time and energy, one can make paneer capsicum curry in a pressure cooker. One needs to sauté the onion and tomatoes, add the paneer cubes, capsicum, and salt to taste with 2 cups of water, and pressure cook for 2 whistles or 15 minutes until the contents become soft tender when tested with a fork.
Can I Freeze the paneer capsicum curry recipe?
Yes, you can freeze the paneer capsicum curry recipe. Once the curry has cooled completely, transfer it to a container, seal it tightly and freeze it. Thaw in the microwave and reheat it before serving.
What to do if paneer capsicum curry remains watery?
In case your paneer capsicum curry remains watery even after adding the cashew nuts and Kasuri methi to give a dry consistency, then there are two possibilities for this:
1. You have added more water to the curry than required.
2. The pieces of paneer are too large/small.
Whenever you add a lot of water to the curry, then when it comes to heating it in a pan or microwave, all the cheese will rise to the top, forming a thick layer of cheese at the top and bottom, and between that, you will have water which might not get mixed with the paneer completely.
Is the paneer capsicum curry recipe good for everybody?
Yes, the paneer capsicum curry recipe is a good choice for everybody. You can easily get your favorite dish ready by adding different variations to it.
What can be made from capsicum?
Capsicum can be used to prepare a wide range of dishes, including paneer capsicum curry recipe and capsicum rice and capsicum masala.
Some of the most popular recipes using this vegetable are Babycorn & Capsicum Fry, Capsicum & Potato Curry, Caramelized Capsicums, Corn Bread with Capsicums, Stir-Fried Capsicums & Beans, Deep Fried Stuffed Capsicums, Goat Curry with Fresh Green Chillies, etc.
Is the paneer capsicum curry recipe good for heart patients?
Yes, the paneer capsicum curry recipe is good for all heart patients. It is good for lowering cholesterol levels and helps eliminate obesity.
Is this recipe suitable for kids?
Yes, this recipe is very suitable for kids too. It is a healthy and nutritious dish that toddlers and older children can easily eat.
Can I make paneer capsicum curry without cashew nuts?
You can make paneer capsicum curry without cashew nuts. But it will turn out to be a tad sour and bland.
Can I make the paneer capsicum curry recipe vegan?
Yes, you can easily make the paneer capsicum curry recipe vegan by replacing paneer with tofu. But since it is heavily loaded with cheese, you might want to skip on cheese while making this dish and also make sure that your tofu pieces are not too big/thick as they will collapse while mixing in.
If you love paneer recipes, then the paneer capsicum curry recipe is a good option. The combination of cheese and capsicums creates a unique taste that will leave you craving for more. So, don’t waste time. Gather all the ingredients required for this recipe, and start cooking.
We hope that you will find this article on paneer capsicum curry useful. If you liked this recipe, do not forget to share it with your family, friends, and everyone you know.