The Palak egg curry recipe is one of the most loved and popular recipes in India. This is a spicy veggie-filled dish that is served with white rice and vegetable masala.
You can also make Palak paneer with this recipe if you wish to use cheese in place of the Palak eggs. It is generally served during the festival of Holi, but it is loved by Indians all year round.
Palak (eastern Spinach) is a wonderful veggie with a peppery and sour taste. The fresh leaves of this leaf are used in this recipe to add that great taste and color to the dish.
While palak is available at most Indian grocery stores, you can also use frozen Spinach in place of fresh.
The amazing thing about this recipe is that it can be made at home, starting from scratch! It is easy to follow, with step-by-step instructions on making it.
How To Make Palak Egg Curry Recipe?
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 tablespoons light cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 medium-sized onion finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes finely chopped
- 8 large eggs boiled, peeled, and cut into halves
- 300-400 gms frozen Spinach thawed and pureed till smooth
- ½ cup plain yogurt beaten till smooth
- 1 teaspoon kasoori methi or dried fenugreek leaves
Steps-1. Heat oil at medium heat in a medium-sized pan and add cumin seeds. When the seeds start to crackle, add ginger and garlic, sauté for some seconds, and add onion. Sauté till translucent or light brown.
Steps-2. Now, add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, and salt to taste (1 teaspoon). Sauté for 2 minutes on low to medium heat.
Steps-3. Add tomato paste and sauté for some minutes.
Steps-4. Add the tomatoes and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
Steps-5. Finally, add the eggs, stir gently, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on medium heat or until oil leaves the pan’s sides.
Steps-6. Serve palak egg curry with white rice or roti (Indian flatbread).
Steps-7. To prepare the Palak egg curry recipe, you can also use pureed Spinach in place of the fresh Palak.
Nutrition Facts Of Palak Egg Curry Recipe
6 Healthy Benefits Of Palak Egg Curry Recipe
1. Spinach is one of the best vegetables that contain iron in a great amount. The iron present in Spinach helps produce red blood cells, thus improving the body’s oxygen level and contributing to the proper functioning of the heart and brain.
2. Spinach contains vitamins A and C, strengthening our body and protecting it from infections.
3. This recipe also contains protein required for the proper functioning of the muscles, bones and other parts of our body.
4. Spinach contains magnesium, which controls our body’s blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
5. Spinach is good for pregnant women as it contains vitamin K, which is essential for the proper growth of the fetus, as well as calcium and foliate, which prevent congenital disabilities.
6. Spinach is also good for kids and adolescents as it helps to improve their eyesight, increases their IQ, and strengthens their bones.
Can We Eat Spinach And Egg Together?
Yes, it is very healthy to have Spinach and egg together.
How Can I Reduce The Fat Content And Cholesterol In My Palak Egg Curry Recipe?
A. All you need to do is avoid frying the veggies in oil and use a non-stick saucepan or a little oil to fry them.
After that, use a blender to blend the remaining ingredients properly and add them to the saucepan containing Spinach, eggs, and tomato paste.
How To Prepare Palak Paneer?
Replacing egg with Palak paneer makes this dish more nutritious and healthy. All you need to do is replace the egg with 100 gms of soft Palak puree.
You can easily make Palak puree at home by blanching 1 cup of fresh leaves in cover for a minute and then blend them in a mixer till it becomes smooth and soft.
The Palak egg curry recipe is a popular dish in India. This dish can be made by adding cheese, nuts, and other veggies. You can easily make this dish at home in less than 35 minutes.
The Palak egg curry recipe is very healthy for you. It is good for the heart, lungs, kidneys, and skin. You can have this dish for breakfast or dinner on any day.
You can also check out other egg-based recipes like Egg Curry, Kerala Style Egg Curry, Egg Roast, and Egg Biryani.
This dish is very fun. You can share your experience with us.