Pakistani salmon curry recipe is a dish that can be served both as a side dish and as the main course. The preparation of the Pakistani salmon curry recipe is very simple and quick.
This recipe is best prepared with mustard, ginger-garlic paste, lemon juice, turmeric powder, ground cumin, coriander powder, and garam masala.
The Pakistani salmon curry recipe is a healthy dish and can be relished by all ages of the family. Even kids will love it. It’s a good idea to have this recipe once in a while. You can have it with naan or any multi-grain bread.
A Pakistani salmon curry recipe looks so delicious and tempting that you will want to taste this dish again and again.
The Pakistani salmon curry recipe is one of the most popular recipes in Pakistani cuisine.
How To Make Pakistani Salmon Curry Recipe?
Preparation Time: 10 min
Serves: 4-5 People
Ingredients For Pakistani Salmon Curry Recipe
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp dried chili flakes
- ½ tsp fenugreek seeds, toasted and pounded in a pestle and mortar
- 1 star anise
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 4–5 green cardamom pods, seeds removed and ground to a powder in a pestle and mortar
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2.5cm/1in piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 4 heaped tbsp coconut cream
- 300ml/10fl oz fish stock
- 500g/1lb 2oz salmon fillet, skinned, bones removed, and cut into bite-sized pieces
- chopped fresh coriander to garnish
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. First, heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion, chili flakes, fenugreek seeds, star anise, and cumin seeds and fry over medium heat until softening – about 8–10 minutes.
2. Then add coriander, mustard seeds, and fennel seeds. Mix well and fry another 2 minutes.
3. Add ground cardamom, turmeric, garam masala, and garlic to the saucepan and stir for 30 seconds.
4. Add the ginger, salt, and tomatoes and stir through. Allow mixture to boil, then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 10 minutes until thickened.
5. Stir in coconut cream and fish stock and then add the salmon pieces – they should be barely covered by the liquid. Simmer over low heat for 8–10 minutes until cooked through but still moist and tender. You may need to add extra fish stock if it looks too dry at any time during cooking.
6. Serve the Pakistani salmon curry recipe hot with naan. Garnish with coriander and serve.
This Pakistani Salmon Curry Recipe is extremely delicious and easy to make. This is a very healthy dish, and you can have it as a side dish or as a main course. You can have this with paratha or roti.
Nutrition Facts Of Pakistani Salmon Curry Recipe
Health Benefits Of Pakistani Salmon Curry Recipe
Protein is the building block of life – it acts as a catalyst to form the structure of our cells, muscles, and other tissues in our body. Protein also builds antibodies which help in fighting diseases. In any diet, protein is never a bad idea.
2. Vitamin B:
Vitamin B helps our body form red blood cells and keeps our nervous system healthy. Vitamin B is also needed for enzymes to function correctly, control muscle movements, and for the proper formation of bones.
3. Vitamin D:
Vitamin D helps our body absorb calcium and phosphorus required for the formation of bones and teeth in our body. In addition, Vitamin D helps the body absorb iron and produce hormones that keep our cells healthy.
4. Vitamin E:
Vitamin E is one of the most important vitamins for human health. Vitamin E is an antioxidant that prevents free radicals from damaging our bodies. A lack of nutrients like vitamin E will decrease immunity, heart disease, and cancer.
Calcium keeps our teeth, bone, and blood vessels healthy. Also, it is needed for muscle contraction, nerve transmission, and a safe nervous system.
Iron helps our body to produce hemoglobin which transports oxygen from the lungs to the body cells. Hemoglobin also plays a critical role in forming red blood cells, stores vitamin C, and produces hormones that keep our skin healthy (especially the skin on our face).
7. Vitamin B12:
Vitamin B12 is important for producing red blood cells and keeps all important bodily organs healthy (heart, brain, digestive tract, etc.). Vitamin B12 is also needed for the proper functioning of our nervous system.
Zinc helps form enzymes responsible for proteins, fats, and carbohydrates metabolism in the body. Zinc also prevents osteoporosis and abnormal cell division, and it is an essential element for wound healing.
9. Omega-3 Fatty Acids:
Omega-3 fatty acids are known to reduce bad cholesterol levels in the blood while increasing levels of good cholesterol.
Omega-3 fatty acids are also important for the proper functioning of our eyes, skin, and hair. Lack of omega-3 fatty acids will result in poor vision, dry and peeling of the skin, slow growth of hair, and dry hair.
If you are not getting enough minerals in your diet, maintaining a healthy body won’t be easy. Minerals are essential to maintain a healthy body and strengthen bones and teeth.
Can I Freeze The Pakistani Salmon Curry Recipe?
Yes, however, this recipe is meant to be served fresh. Freezing changes the taste and texture of the dish. Plus, it’s always important to ensure no cross-contamination with other foods after freezing.
Can I Substitute Fish Stock In The Pakistani Salmon Curry Recipe?
No, we suggest you use fish stock. If you don’t have fish stock, you can use chicken stock. But remember – do not reduce the number of liquids called for in a recipe if you are substituting stock with water or broth.
Is It Good For Everybody?
Yes, it is good for everyone. However, if you have certain food allergies and take medication, consult your doctor before adding the Pakistani salmon curry recipe to your diet.
Pakistani Salmon Curry Recipe is a healthy, hearty, and delicious dish that you can serve any day of the week.
This recipe has got so many health benefits for your body. This recipe has got a good amount of proteins, vitamin D, iron, omega-3 fatty acids, and so much more to help your body stay fit.
It is an excellent source of fiber that keeps your digestive system healthy. Plus, it’s a perfect meal for those on a low-carb diet.