Oven Baked Chicken Curry Recipe. The basic and delicious Indian chicken curry has come to be loved by billions of people across the globe.
This recipe is so easy you can prepare while standing in front of the oven! Baked in a casserole dish, this dish requires no pre-cooking or prep time. Set this casserole dish on top of your preheated oven and bake away.
How to make Oven Baked Chicken Curry Recipe
- 2 lbs chicken
- 2 tbsp garam masala
- 8-10 whole shallots or 1 large onion (optional. You can use frozen ones or skip this ingredient if you like)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 cup green peas (frozen ones are fine)
- 2 cups tomato sauce/paste (or puree, you can use canned tomato paste to save time as well)
- 2 tbsp butter or ghee, optional
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
Step 1: Wash chicken and pat dry with a paper towel.
Step 2: Heat butter/ghee in a pan, add cumin seeds, and fry them until they turn brown (about 1 minute). Add cinnamon powder, and garam masala, and fry for 30 seconds. Add diced shallots/onion, and fry for about 6 minutes or until translucent.
Step 3: Add chicken pieces, salt, and Pepper to taste. Pour tomato sauce/paste on top of it and stir to coat the chicken pieces evenly with sauce. Cover and cook for about 15-20 minutes.
Step 4: Scatter green peas on top of chicken pieces, and cook for about 5 minutes or until chicken pieces are tender.
Step 5: Serve the baked chicken curry with boiled rice or roti (Indian flatbread). ENJOY!
How to prepare time?
Preparation time: 15-20min. Cooking time: 15-20min.
Nutrition facts of Oven Baked Chicken Curry Recipe
- Calories: 281.3
- Fat: 11.9g
- Carbohydrates: 21.2g
- Protein: 33.2g
- Cholesterol: 83mg
Health Benefits of Oven Baked Chicken Curry Recipe
Oven Baked Chicken Curry Recipe is one of the best comfort foods. It can be prepared from scratch in no time, and it is fairly healthy as well. Butter or ghee can be omitted to make this dish completely guilt-free.
The high protein and iron content of chicken makes it an excellent dish for pregnant women who need to up their intake of protein and iron in their diet.
The sodium content in chicken is also lower than in most meats, making it useful for people who suffer from high blood pressure, heart disease, or kidney diseases.
Best 5 Freezing Ideas for Oven Baked Chicken Curry Recipe
1. Oven Baked Chicken Curry Recipe can be frozen and cooked in a few minutes. For example, you can freeze this dish and heat it in the microwave. Or you can place it in a freezer bag and freeze it for about 1 month.
2. Oven Baked Chicken Curry Recipe tastes great the next day, too… why not? If you have leftovers from this dish, heat it and serve it with plain boiled rice. Alternatively, you can serve the chicken curry with roti (Indian flatbread).
3. Another great way to enjoy this dish is by preparing it in a microwave. For example, you can slice the chicken into 1-inch pieces and place it in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave the chicken for 5 minutes or until the pieces are cooked through and tender.
4. Prepare this dish on a cold or rainy day. Put the chicken in a casserole dish, and cover it with foil. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C or 400 degrees F, then cook the chicken curry for 40 minutes to 1 hour.
5. Oven Baked Chicken Curry Recipe tastes great with roti (Indian flatbread). You can serve this dish with plain boiled rice or roti (Indian flatbread) to make it a complete meal.
Oven-baked chicken curry with coconut milk
Oven baked chicken curry recipe is a tasty and easy curry recipe with coconut milk. You can prepare it ahead of time for a quick dinner or use it as a side dish to go with your lunch or dinner.
Slow-cooked chicken curry in the oven
Slow-cooked chicken curry in the oven is a must-try recipe for all those who like slow-cooked food. Cooking the chicken in the slow cooker will ensure juicy and tender pieces of boneless chicken.
Spiced oven-baked chicken curry
Spiced oven-baked curry is a very easy recipe that you can use to make your plain boiled rice or roti (Indian flatbread) delicious. Just add some spice powder and ground masala, and your meal with taste good.
Baked Curry chicken recipe Jamaican
Baked curry chicken recipe Jamaican is a spicy, healthy, and tasty curry recipe that will help you add more spice to your plain boiled rice or roti (Indian flatbread). This recipe will be the one for you whenever you wish to have spicy chicken.
Oven baked chicken curry with peas and carrots
Oven baked chicken curry with peas and carrots is a delicious dish that uses all the everyday ingredients. You can prepare it ahead of time and enjoy a quick meal in no time.
Oven baked chicken curry recipe is perfect for busy individuals who wish to enjoy a wholesome meal without spending much time in the kitchen.
With this recipe, you can spend more time with your kids or friends without worrying about the food on your table.
How do you make Gordon Ramsay’s chicken curry?
Gordon Ramsay’s chicken curry is a simple recipe for using either chicken thighs or boneless chicken breast. I used boneless chicken breast, but you may use thighs. For a whole chicken, more than 3 lbs., I suggest using thighs. While preparing this recipe, make sure that the skin of the boneless chicken breast is not too thick, or the curry will be too spicy for your taste.
What should the oven be on for chicken?
I used to prefer cooking chicken in a preheated oven for about 45 minutes. However, I have encountered individuals who prefer to use an already hot oven for about 20 minutes. You may use the temperature and time that you find convenient.
What is the safe cooking temperature for chicken breasts?
The safe cooking temperature of chicken breasts is from 74 degrees C to 82 degrees C. The undercooked chicken will contain salmonella, which can cause salmonellosis and fever in humans.