The Nigerian cake recipe is the best cake in the world. This cake recipe is very easy to make, and I can assure you that it will taste great. I have given you the ingredients and instructions for making this cake.
If you are looking for a cake for your friends or family or if you want to try something new, then I advise giving this recipe a go. It has always been my family’s favorite cake, and it’s officially mine now.
It may not taste like your Grandma’s cake, but it will be delicious. I assure you that this is the best cake recipe ever.
Make sure to check out more Nigerian food recipes. This is an easy Nigerian cake recipe you can have with your family or guests. The cake is normally a nice break from the usual meals, but it can be anything you want with this recipe.
What Is A Nigerian Cake Recipe?
I will say that the “Nigerian cake recipe” is the best and can be used in various cakes. I know it’s not very original, but the name “Nigerian Cake Recipe” sounds good, and we are Nigerians. We like to have fun with words and slang.
This cake is good as a dessert, but it can also be used to fill muffins or cupcakes; you can also use it in various ways.
How To Make Nigerian Cake Recipe?
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
Inactive Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yields: 6 servings.
Ingredients For Nigerian Cake Recipe:
- 1 cup (240g) of sugar.
- 1/2 cup (115g -22ml) of vegetable oil.
- 3 tablespoons (39g – 12 1/2 tsp) of cocoa powder.
- 2 cups (250g) of all-purpose flour.
- 1 teaspoon baking soda.
- 1 teaspoon baking powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 1 cup (227g) of water.
Method For Nigerian Cake Recipe:
1. For the cake Mix all the ingredients into the bowl.
2. Now grease and flour three 8 inch round pans and line them with parchment paper. (You can also use a cake pan or muffin pan)
3. Pour the mixture into greased and parchment-lined pans. (You will have to take some of the mixtures out of each bowl depending on how much you are making).
4. Bake at 350F for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (don’t over bake as it will make the cake dry)
5. Let the cakes cool completely before removing them from their pans.
6. Allow it to cool before you frost it completely.
7. Enjoy eating this Nigerian cake recipe!
Nutrition Facts Of Nigerian Cake Recipe
Best 13 Health Benefits Of Nigerian Cake Recipe
1. Eating this cake will also help you feel fuller for longer because it has a low-calorie count, considering the size of the serving.
2. The ingredients in this Nigerian cake recipe are very healthy and provide many benefits to the body.
3. This cake is high in dietary fiber, which helps lower cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
4. Eating this cake will help lower the risk of heart disease and stroke.
5. This cake is rich in minerals, omega-3 fatty acids, Magnesium, and Calcium.
6. The cocoa powder used in this recipe is good for your skin since it contains antioxidants that remove harmful toxins from your skin. It also helps to lower the risk of cancer and heart diseases.
7. Cocoa powder is also known to increase cognitive activity and helps in the proper functioning of your brain.
8. Eating this cake will help you look and feel younger since it is rich in antioxidants that eliminate all harmful toxins from your body.
9. The oil used in this Nigerian cake recipe is good for your hair since it increases blood circulation around your scalp, leaving it healthy and shiny.
10. The oil is also good for your skin and helps to remove harmful toxins.
11. This cake is a rich source of protein that helps lower cholesterol levels in your body, improves heart health, and helps maintain a healthy weight.
12. This cake is also rich in calcium which is good for the bones in your body. It strengthens your teeth and helps to build strong muscles.
13. Calcium will also help lower blood pressure and protect you from diabetes and osteoporosis that may result from it.
How To Store Nigerian Cake Recipe?
If you’ve just made this cake recipe and are about to eat it, store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
If you’re making this cake ahead of time and want to preserve its freshness, then store it in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How To Serve Nigerian Cake Recipe?
This is how you will serve this Nigerian cake recipe: You can eat it alone like a dessert. If so, enjoy only one slice as it can be very rich. You can also serve this Nigerian cake recipe as a cupcake.
This is the best Nigerian cake recipe that you can try. It is very easy to make, and it will taste great. Just follow the instructions carefully, and I’m sure you’ll make a wonderful cake with this recipe.
Try this recipe out, and let us know what you think about it in the comments section below.
Thanks for reading it!