Naked Chocolate Cake Recipe Is A light, fluffy and moist chocolate cake made with no oil or butter, but it is still loaded with delicious chocolate flavor!
Whip up this rich, decadent dessert in minutes with simple ingredients and watch the melted chocolate oozing on top. Not only are they pleasing to the eye, but they are also easy to make.
Entirely gluten-free too! Though easy enough for most beginners, those looking for a little extra challenge can make the cocoa powder into a paste and add an authentic espresso coffee bean or two.
How To Make Naked Chocolate Cake Recipe?
Whether you are making this cake in a standard loaf or another size, the recipe is essentially the same and requires only a few ingredients. First, sift together all dry ingredients.
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 4 eggs (beaten) and 2 egg yolks (reserve)
Step 1. Use a 6-cup or larger baking dish that is the same size as your cake pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the dish with butter or non-stick cooking spray, then dust with flour and tap out the excess. Place cooked cream cheese in the refrigerator to cool.
Step 2. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl to make your cake batter. Add the almond milk and whisk to combine. With an electric mixer, beat the sugar and cocoa powder until combined. Slowly add the eggs, followed by the yolks, and beat until thickened, about 5 minutes. Do not overbeat; your batter should be thick enough to coat a spoon but still pour easily.
Step 3. Pour half the batter into the prepared dish and spread evenly. Carefully spoon the cream cheese over the top and top with the remaining chocolate batter. Bake for about 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool to room temperature before serving.
Step 4. If desired, top with the fresh fruit of your choice or serve as is. Store leftover Naked Chocolate Cake Recipe in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 days or freeze for up to 2 months. Reheat gently before serving if frozen.
Best 10 Naked Chocolate Cake Recipe Making Way
1. You can add some cinnamon powder to this cake; it will taste delicious. Mix the cinnamon powder with flour, then sieve it and add to the batter.
2. You can make this cake as healthy as you want: Use less sugar (1 cup instead of 1 ½ cups), use low-fat cream cheese and egg substitute instead of eggs (There is no replacement for the yolks, so make sure you do not miss them out).
3. You have to be careful while you pour the cream cheese layer on the cake to stay away from the sides and do not fill up on top of the cake.
4. If you want to add some crunch to your cake, add a few cocoa nibs (dark chocolate chips) over the cream cheese layer.
5. You can easily make 2 or more layers of this naked chocolate cake recipe by just doubling or tripling all ingredients and steps together.
6. Store the cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for 2 months. Reheat gently before serving if frozen.
7. If you add some nuts (walnuts, pecans) and raisins to the cake batter, it will taste even more delicious.
8. You can also add some chocolate shavings to the top for decoration.
9. If you wish, you can serve this naked chocolate cake recipe with heavy cream or whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
10. You can also feel free to experiment with the ingredients, see what they taste, and follow my instructions above when making this naked chocolate cake recipe.
I hope you like this Naked Chocolate Cake Recipe. Try to make it soon. You can also share your ideas about this recipe in the comment section below. I would love to hear from you. Happy Cooking!