Mitsuken garlic chicken recipe is a quick and easy way to make your kitchen aromatic. All it takes are three ingredients, one pot, and an oven.
As you might have guessed by now, this recipe is heavy on the garlic. So what are you waiting for? Let’s get started!
How to make Mitsuken Garlic Chicken Recipe
- 2 pounds whole chicken (legs, thighs, breasts, and wings), skin on
- 1 head peeled garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- For the marinade:
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup sake (or dry white wine)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder or crushed pepper flakes or to taste
1. Chop a garlic head into thirds. Place in a large bowl with soy sauce, sake, sugar, onion powder, and pepper powder. Mix thoroughly. Add chicken pieces and marinate for 30 minutes to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
2. preheat the oven to 375F degrees or 190C. Transfer chicken pieces from the marinade into a baking dish (make sure no marinade is left behind). Toss well to coat chicken evenly with the garlic cloves.
3. Spray the chicken pieces with oil before covering the dish in the oven for about 30 minutes.
4. After about 30-35 minutes, remove the lid and baste the chicken with marinade. Bake for another 20 minutes or so,
checking from time to time to change over their sides with some new marinade. You want them to be sticky and well-coated in garlic flavor!
5. Allow cooling a bit before eating (about 10 minutes).
Nutrition facts of Mitsuken Garlic Chicken Recipe
|Amount of chicken||2 pounds (1 kg)|
|Amount of marinade||1 cup (250 ml)|
|Total Fat||7 g|
The Health benefits of Mitsuken Garlic Chicken Recipe
Garlic is rich in allicin, a compound with anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and antihypertensive properties.
Regular consumption of garlic also helps prevent cardiovascular diseases and cancer. It is a staple in holistic and integrative cancer care.
The food ingredients used in Mitsuken’s garlic chicken recipe are nutritious, but there is a lot of sodium contained in this dish.
If you have high blood pressure or are on a low-sodium diet, this recipe may not be for you.
Is it healthy?
The ingredients used in the recipe are all-natural and nutritious to promote health. The ingredient soy sauce is rich in protein, vitamins, and minerals.
Garlic has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties and has been shown to help prevent cancer development.
Is Mitsuken Garlic Chicken Recipe safe?
As a general rule, if you are going to use food ingredients, it is always best to check for allergies and safety for consumption.
This recipe contains a lot of garlic. If you have an allergy to garlic, this recipe may not be for you.
Is it easy?
This recipe requires some preparation time (marinating) but is quite simple once you’ve got these chicken pieces into the oven.
This recipe is all about garlic and soy sauce flavors, so if you do not like spicy food, you may want to avoid this dish.
Does it use too much salt?
Because there is soy sauce in the marinade, there may be a lot of salt in the recipe. This recipe may not be for you if you are on a low-salt diet.
Does it taste good?
Of course! This is one of our most popular recipes here at Mitsuken. Seriously.
Is there a substitute?
If you can’t get hold of chicken thighs or breasts, you can use chicken legs or wings. You can also substitute the sake for dry white wine (which should not be substituted for sweet wine).
Healthy Food Tips:
If you are concerned about salt content in this recipe, you can opt for low-sodium soy sauce. You can also add some lemon juice to the marinade to cut through the slight bitterness of garlic.
Other Chicken Recipes:
We highly recommend another quick chicken recipe, Mitsuken’s honey chicken recipe.
It’s as easy as this dish as all it takes are only four ingredients, one pan, and an oven. There is also no need to marinate the chicken pieces before cooking them.
The Bottom Line
Mitsuken Garlic Chicken Recipe isn’t healthy, but it is tasty. We recommend this dish for people who don’t eat spicy food and those who follow a low-sodium diet.
“Healthy ” does not mean “healthy food” If you have an allergy to garlic, this recipe may not be for you. This dish is rich in sodium and contains soy sauce, so you might want to check on your sources of sodium before having it.