Minimalist Cake Recipe is the blog’s name created by a woman named Kate. Kate is a former IT professional turned stay-at-home mom in the Dallas area who has a passion for cooking and baking.
Her blog is all about easy cake recipes made in 5 minutes or less, using everyday ingredients found in your cupboards and refrigerator.
Kate also offers an incredible collection of recipes for cupcakes, cookies, brownies, and other sweet treats despite her name. She’s also a talented writer and has a great sense of humor on the topic of food.
What Is A Minimalist Cake?
A minimalist cake is a very thin layer cake filled with a thick frosting or glaze. The idea behind these desserts is to get the most from the limited ingredients you’re using. In essence, minimalist cakes are super simple and easy to make.
Minimalist Cake Recipe offers over 75 different cakes, cupcakes, cookies, and brownies. The site has some great photography, so it’s not just about the recipes themselves.
How Do You Make Minimalist Cake Recipe?
Suppose you’ve never made a minimalist cake recipe before. Most of them are made in just one bowl, and you don’t even need to use a mixer.
For the cake:
- 1 3/4 cups (350 grams) all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks or 225 grams) butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup (150 grams) granulated white sugar
For the frosting:
- Four egg whites and 4 egg yolks separated into bowls but not beaters. Beat the whites until soft peaks form.
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated white sugar
- 1 cup (250 grams) cold heavy whipping cream
- Pinch of salt
Step 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 6 inch round cake pans.
Step 2. Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl. Beat the butter and sugar until creamy in another bowl with an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Add the egg whites and beat until stiff peaks form. Add the dry ingredients and mix just enough to combine.
Step 3. Gently fold in the beaten egg whites with a rubber spatula, then stir in the cream. Divide batter among prepared pans (each pan should be 1/2 full). Bake cakes for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into one of the centers comes out clean.
Why Is Minimalist Cake Popular?
These cakes are made by practically every famous baker and celebrity. Serious Eats named minimalist cakes as a favorite of their blog, and it’s no wonder; the simplicity of these recipes is remarkable. With the ease of these cakes, you can have your favorite frosting in no time at all. It’s a great dessert for any occasion and perfect for kids.
Aesthetics: minimalist cake recipes are all made beautiful, so they’re always perfect for serving at a party or wedding or any other time you need to impress your guests. The best part is that the minimalism of these cakes goes hand in hand with the simplicity of all their ingredients.
7 Healthy Benefits Of Minimalist Cake Recipe
1. Minimalist cake recipes are easy to make, and anyone can master them without a lot of practice, so they are perfect for people who are not experienced in baking.
2. The best part about minimalist cakes is that they are filling. Since the cakes use very few ingredients, you can have a big slice of cake that’s full of flavor and still be on a diet – as long as you follow the recipe instructions properly!
3. You can easily make exactly what you want with minimalist cakes. If you’re not used to creating recipes that require a lot of prep work, minimalist cake recipes are the ideal solution.
4. Everyone likes to have fun with their food, and minimalist cake recipes are perfect for that. You can decorate your cakes to look like anything from hamburgers to planets!
5. Minimalist cake recipes are a great alternative for people who don’t like frosting or want something simple and easy for once.
6. Minimalist cakes are typically made in round cake pans, so you get a neat little cake shape from your ingredients.
7. Finally, the best reason to make minimalist cakes is that they are fun. The recipes are easy to learn, and although there might be some tricky steps, these cakes can be made by anyone!
What Is Minimalist Cake Style?
Minimalist Cake Style is the name of one of Kate’s cake styles. It takes inspiration from minimalist cakes, but it uses more attractive ingredients. Minimalist cakes are made to be good for you, so style recipes are perfect for any day.
Minimalist Cake Recipe also offers a wide variety of cupcakes, cookies, and brownies recipes. They’re all creative and taste great.
Kate’s recipes are easy to follow, and the best part about them is that you can do it by yourself! These cakes are usually very simple, but they’re still elegant because of their shape and design. If you want to try something different with your cakes, these recipes will make an excellent addition.
Kate also runs a blog which is dedicated to food photography. You should check it out if you love taking great photographs.