Here is a step-by-step guide to making the perfect Milky Way Cake Recipe. It’s easy and rewarding, and you’ll want to do this more than once.
Plus, it’s perfect for your friends who enjoy a sweet dessert treat that won’t make them feel too guilty! The stars are out in full glory tonight, shining bright overhead as if they were their tiny galaxy.
How to make Milky Way Cake Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup granulated milo
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups white flour
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¾ cup brown sugar (packed)
- ½ tsp baking powder (soda, not baking soda) 1 tsp cream of tartar
1. preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×13 pan and line it with parchment paper.
2. Mix your flour, salt, baking powder, and cream of tartar in a large bowl. Pour your melted butter and vanilla extract and mix well with a mixer.
3. Add your brown sugar and form it into a ball with your hands.
4. Add your egg whites to the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat them for about 5-8 minutes on medium speed until they get frothy, stiff peaks, ready for the next step!
5. Continue to add in your egg yolks and beat until they are pale yellow and doubled in size.
6. Add your egg whites, one at a time, into the batter. Pour in 1 cup of milo and stir it all together until you have a nice homogenous mixture.
7. Pour this mixture over your parchment-lined baking dish and spread it thinly with an offset spatula or trowel for an even layer.
8. Bake this in your preheated oven for about 15 minutes, and when it is finished, the top should be golden brown, and your cake will bounce back when poked with a toothpick.
9. While your cake is baking, melt your semi-sweet chocolate in a glass bowl over a pot of simmering water on the stove.
10. Remove your cake from the oven and let it cool for five minutes until you pour over the melted chocolate evenly as possible over the cake.
11. Let it cool and set up at room temperature.
12. Slice yourself a slice of Milky Way Cake Recipe, and you’ll be a hero in the eyes of the people who eat them!
Nutrition facts of Milky Way Cake Recipe
Top 10 Benefits of Milky Way Cake Recipe
1. Caffeine Free:
Milky Way Cake Recipe will give you all the energy you need without throwing your system off course.
Milky Way Cake Recipe contains only 6 grams of fat, so it’s a great way to fit in your diet while still indulging in some sweet dessert!
Milky Way Cake Recipe contains no trans or saturated fat, so it is a healthier choice than other cakes filled with those kinds of ingredients!
4. Just the Right Amount of Chocolate:
Milky Way Cake Recipe contains a generous topping of semi-sweet chocolate, so you won’t be able to walk away from this dessert without that yummy chocolatey taste!
Milky Way Cake Recipe is a sugar-free treat! You can eat this cake and not worry about sneaking into the kitchen later when everyone is sleeping to steal another slice.
6. Heart Healthy:
Milky Way Cake Recipe may have a lot of unsaturated and saturated fat, but it also has no cholesterol or trans fat! It’s a heart-healthy dessert.
7. Low Carb:
Milky Way Cake Recipe contains 12 grams of carbohydrates, so you can enjoy this snack without worrying about blowing your low-carb diet!
8. Weight Loss:
Milky Way Cake Recipe is a low-calorie dessert that will fill you up without weighing you down, so it’s perfect for weight loss, ketogenic and other diets.
9. Tastes and Looks Great:
Milky Way Cake Recipe doesn’t take long to make, so you have time to put on your clothes do some last-minute errands before the party begins! It looks great on your plate with that delicious brown sauce!
10. Makes a Great Gift:
You can make a special treat for your friends and family with Milky Way Cake Recipe. They’ll enjoy it enough that they won’t ask you to make them another one, but they all will want to know where you got the recipe!
Is It Healthy?
Milky Way Cake Recipe is a healthy choice because there’s no trans or saturated fat in the recipe. It’s also great for you because it contains no cholesterol or trans fat and low carb.
What Are Carbs?
Carbohydrates are broken down in your body into glucose which is the primary source of energy for your brain and muscles, and which most people find their self-control when they eat sugary snacks like Milky Way Cake Recipe.
How to Store?
Milky Way Cake Recipe can be frozen for 20-30 minutes to extend the shelf life. It will keep up to 3 months when frozen.
To thaw, let it sit out at room temperature for 2-3 hours, or you can warm it up in a 200-degree oven until warmed through.
Can I Freeze It?
You can freeze Milky Way Cake Recipe for up to 3 months. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and then in foil to avoid freezer burn. You can store it for longer than 3 months, but the texture might suffer slightly.
How Many Calories Are In A Slice?
A single piece of Milky Way Cake Recipe contains 164 calories. It’s low in fat and high in carbohydrates. You can eat it while on a diet if you skip the toppings or enjoy it as a snack.
Does It Have Sugar?
Sure! The yummy brown sauce contains sugar as well!
Is It Gluten-Free?
Milky Way Cake Recipe is 100% gluten-free!
Is It Dairy Free?
Milky Way Cake Recipe is dairy-free by ensuring there is no milk in the recipe.
Price In Milky Way Cake Recipe?
The price of Milky Way Cake Recipe in the shops varies greatly! It’s sold for $5.09 on Amazon as of April 2018.
The Bottom Line
Milky Way Cake Recipe is a healthier choice in desserts because it contains very little fat and sugar and is low carb and low calorie.
You can eat it with or without the topping, and you can even enjoy it as a side dish to a meal. It’s highly recommended!