Milk bar pumpkin dulce de leche cake recipe Dulce de leche is a popular Latin American spread that has a similar consistency to caramel. It is made by heating sweetened milk with heavy cream and then cooking it until thickened.
The preparation of pumpkin dulce de leche can be done in two different ways: the stovetop method and the oven method, which require about 45 minutes of simmering time.
The stovetop method is the more time-consuming of the two methods. To make it, you need a heavy saucepan with a lid.
When heating the milk and cream, you mustn’t allow the mixture to boil or curdle and become grainy.
After the usual seasoning with cinnamon, cloves, and vanilla extract is done, this part of the recipe takes about 15 minutes.
How To Make Milk Bar Pumpkin Dulce De Leche Cake Recipe?
- 3 cups room temperature heavy cream
- 2 cups s milk
- 2 cups s pumpkin puree (not canned) or pumpkin pie filling or two 14 oz cans of pureed pumpkin.
*Ingredients are listed in order of quantity.
Instructions of Milk Bar Pumpkin Dulce De Leche Cake Recipe
1. Gently warm the cream, milk, and pumpkin over medium heat and occasionally whisk until it thickens.
2. Once it reaches about 120 degrees F (49 degrees C), it will thicken, turn off the heat, and let cool completely on a plate in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
3. Heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 Celsius). Grease a 9 inch round cake pan or line with parchment paper – I used an aluminum pizza pan as my baking dish.
4. Whisk the cold pumpkin dulce de leche, eggs, and sugar in a big bowl until smooth.
5. Mix in flour and baking soda, then pour into the cake pan, place the pan on a sheet of aluminum foil, cover with another sheet, wrap tightly together, and place in a roasting pan filled with warm water halfway up the sides of the cake pan.
6. Bake for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Cool completely, then slice horizontally into two layers.
8. Frost in between and on top with buttercream frosting. I used 7 Tablespoons melted butter, 2 Tablespoons s milk, 2 1/2 cups s powdered sugar, and 3 teaspoons s vanilla extract. Beat until smooth, spread onto the top and sides of the cake.
9. Chill until ready to serve.
TIPS: If you are not in a hurry and prefer to make it the oven method, I recommend using the pumpkin pie filling instead of canned puree.
You can use canned puree or fresh pumpkin, but fresh pumpkin is always better.
If you prefer a richer cake texture, add 1 egg yolk and 1 tablespoon of cornstarch at the same time as the flour mixture.
Nutrition Facts Of Milk Bar Pumpkin Dulce De Leche Cake Recipe
Calories are calculated based on ingredients used in this recipe and not on the number of servings made or the number of ingredients you use individually, so calculate accordingly to ensure accuracy of your nutrition facts calculations.
Perfect 7 Freezing Ideas Of Milk Bar Pumpkin Dulce De Leche Cake Recipe
1. Freeze the cake after frosting for about an hour to make slicing easier.
2. Slice this recipe in half and make two-layer cakes, freeze one and use the other right away.
3. Double this recipe and make a 9 x 13-inch sheet cake, bake it and frost it. Freeze it, then. When ready to serve, let thaw on the counter for a couple of hours, then cut into squares and serve with tea or coffee.
4. Make a pumpkin roll cake with the dulce de leche frosting.
5. Make cupcakes, pipe rosettes on top with a pastry bag, and frost.
6. Make pumpkin pudding by adding a can of condensed milk to the layer after cutting it in half and spreading dulce de leche between the two layers.
7. Scoop pumpkin pudding into popsicle molds or paper cups and freeze until ready to serve. (1/2 cup in each popsicle mold).
Health’s Benefits Of Milk Bar Pumpkin Dulce De Leche Cake Recipe
- Pumpkin and milk both contain carotenoids which act as antioxidants.
- Pumpkin has a high vitamin A, potassium, magnesium, and zinc concentration. Zinc is an essential mineral that helps anchor important connections in the body, contains anti-inflammatory properties, and plays a key role in immune function.
- In addition to nutritional values, pumpkin is also a good source of beta carotene, which converts naturally into vitamin A.
- Pumpkin also contains fiber and potassium, an electrolyte (a mineral that helps balance fluids in the body). Potassium helps lower blood pressure, reduce stroke risk, and keep the heart rhythm steady.
Fancier than a cake, much more fun than a pie, this pumpkin dulce de leche is one of the best desserts you can make! This Milk bar recipe has rich spices and good healthy ingredients like pumpkin.
Is It Good For Your Teeth?
Pumpkin has a high concentration of vitamin A, which is great for your oral health. In addition to nutritional values, pumpkin is also a good source of beta carotene, which converts naturally into vitamin A.
Vitamin A is essential for healthy teeth and gums. It aids in the production of enamel that keeps your teeth strong and resistant to decay. Vitamin A also helps remove plaque that may cause gum disease and tooth decay.
Is It Suitable For The Special Diet?
This dulce de leche cake is suitable for the special diet because it’s made with pumpkin, a vegetable rich in beta carotene. Beta carotene is a group of compounds that are precursors to vitamin A.
Vitamins A and D are essential for healthy skin and healthy bones, both of which help your teeth stay strong.
Is It Good For Diabetic?
Pumpkin is a nutritious vegetable rich in fiber, vitamin A and potassium. The fiber in pumpkin helps slow down the release of sugar into the bloodstream, which helps maintain normal blood sugar levels. Vitamin A and potassium also help control blood sugar levels.
Is It Good For Diastasis Recti?
Pumpkin is an excellent source of protein and beta carotene. It is a veggie that has been linked to decreasing the risk of belly fat, which raises the risk of diastasis recti (also known as “mommy makeover”).
Diastasis recti occur when two sides of the abdominals are not in a close enough relationship. This can result from pregnancy, weight loss, or menopause and can cause tightening or separation between the abdominal muscles.
This pumpkin dulce de leche recipe is guaranteed to satisfy that sweet tooth without the guilt. It has everything from rich fall spice flavors to a smooth pumpkin velvety texture.
The cake was moist, and it melts in your mouth, and you can cut it with a fork like a piece of the pie. It’s also easy to make, with no need for a mixer or any special skills.
You can make it with or without a cake pan, and the freezer method is so easy. This is one of the best pumpkin dulce de leche recipes I’ve seen on the Internet, so if you are looking for a great pumpkin dessert that freezes well, this is it!