Meloncello Recipe is A refreshing summertime drink; meloncello is made with honeydew or watermelon and an alcoholic spirit like vodka. It’s become popular in the last few years because of the cool flavor and easy-to-make recipe.
The most important part of making this beverage is to strain it after sitting in the liquor for at least one day.
It is a refreshing and easy drink to make at home in many ways. The flavor of this liqueur is very sweet and fruity; you can taste hints of peach, orange, and lemon in each sip.
This way, you can enjoy all of that fresh flavor with none of the alcohol content, and You can also make it at home if you want.
What is Meloncello?
Meloncello is a Italian dessert liqueur. It is made from fruit juice, sugar, and vodka. It is a sweet and refreshing summer drink made from the juice of cantaloupe, honeydew, and watermelon.
The meloncello is mixed with sugar and vodka and left to ferment for two weeks before enjoying it at parties or as an after-dinner drink.
However, it is best to consume this beverage regularly because of the high amounts of alcohol and sugar.
How to Make Meloncello Recipe?
- 3 pounds ripe watermelon or honeydew melon; seeds removed
- 2 1/2 cups vodka
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Pinch of vanilla extract (optional)
1. Carefully cut the melon into 1″ squares without peeling.
2. In a blender, whirl the melons until smooth.
3. Add vodka and vanilla extract. Mix well.
4. In a container with a lid, pour in sugar, pour melon liquid on top, and stir.
5. Seal the lid on the container and store in a warm, dark place for 2 weeks, stirring lightly every day.
6. After two weeks, pour out the liquid through a cheesecloth or a fine-mesh strainer.
7. Serve chilled with ice cubes or in champagne flutes with fruit garnish, depending on your tastes.
8. Store the remaining liquid in a bottle or jar to help it keep for months.
P.S: This recipe can be increased by either adding more melon juice, vodka, or sugar.
1. If you are a fan of the classic cocktail ‘Mojito,’ you will love this recipe.
2. Add some fruit garnish such as strawberries, melon, or orange slices to make the drink look good and appealing.
3. Experiment with the amount of fruit and vodka used in this recipe to see which flavors you like best.
4. For a low alcohol beverage, use less vodka – 1/2 cup instead of 1 cup of vodka respectively and adjust sugar accordingly.
5. If you have some leftover melon juice, add it to your next batch of cocktails.
After the two weeks have passed, the liquid should be slightly bubbly (it will still be a little soft) and clear.
If it isn’t: let it sit for another week or two and try again. If the liquid is cloudy after several weeks, go ahead and dump everything into a bottle.
Nutrition Fact of Meloncello Recipe
The amount of alcohol varies depending on the size of the melon and how much vodka you add, but this recipe averages out to one shot.
Since melon is abundant in water, this drink will also help you stay hydrated if you need it. It is a bit on the sweet side, but most people think it’s worth it for all flavors.
A 210 ml serving of Meloncello with 2 ounces of vodka contains 140 calories. It is also a very rich source of vitamin A (23% of the Daily Value, DV) and a good source of vitamin C (20% DV).
How Do You Store Meloncello?
The meloncello must be stored in an airtight container to help it keep. It will keep up to a year if it is kept in the dark and not opened often.
An airtight jar is the best way to store it and ensure no excess air enters the jar. If you store the meloncello on the back shelf, make sure to close the door once you’re done.
The Bottom Line
Meloncello is a wonderful way to enjoy the taste of summer. This is a welcome drink when you have leftover fresh melon slices of watermelon and vodka.
It is best to use a high-proof vodka, or it could be a little too sweet. You also don’t want to use too ripe fruit because it won’t make the drink taste right.
Meloncello Recipe is A refreshing summertime drink, meloncello is made with honeydew or watermelon and an alcoholic spirit like vodka. It’s become popular in the last few years because of the cool flavor and easy-to-make recipe.
I hope this article on the Meloncello recipe helped you, please leave a comment below.