Matcha Crepe Cake Recipe is not just for your morning cup of joe. You can use it to flavor many desserts, like this crepe cake!
This recipe will make you a yummy cake with layers of thin crepes and a rich, delicious matcha custard filling.
How to make Matcha Crepe Cake Recipe
- 1 cup (240ml) whole milk
- 1 cup (167g) cake flour
- 1/2 cup (100g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. matcha powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup (81g) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 tbsp.
1. In a medium bowl, mix whole milk and matcha powder using a whisk.
2. Add cake flour to the matcha mixture and whisk until all flour is dissolved.
3. In another medium bowl, combine all-purpose flour and baking powder with a whisk. Add the flour mixture to match mixture in the same mixing bowl; stir until combined.
4. Set aside for 10 minutes, or until a few lumps remain in batter (but do not overmix).
5. Heat a nonstick pan on medium heat. Spray the pan with cooking spray, or use a special crepe pan spray.
6. Once the pan is hot, pour about 1/4 cup of the crepe batter onto the center of the pan and tilt it to cover the entire pan base evenly.
7. Cook for about 2 minutes on one side (until there are only a few crepes left before you flip!), then flip to cook for another minute until browned and crispy.
8. Place cooked crepe on a plate and spread 1 tsp of cream cheese over it.
9. Repeat with the rest of the batter to make a total of 23 crepes!
10. In a saucepan, combine sugar and milk on medium heat as soon as the sugar melts, occasionally stirring until the custard coats the back of a spoon (about 2-3 minutes). Don’t let it come to a boil!
11. Immediately turn off the heat and add in butter until melted.
12. Pour in the custard and mix thoroughly to combine.
13. Allow the mixture to cool down for 5 minutes, then pour into a baking dish and chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving.
Nutrition facts of Matcha Crepe Cake Recipe
Health Benefits of Matcha Crepe Cake Recipe
According to the book: ” The New Healing Herbs, “matcha is a potent antioxidant packed with catechins. Matcha can help protect against damage caused by free radicals and reactive oxygen species.
Matcha is also known for its detoxifying ability and can help rid the body of heavy metals like mercury and lead.
Matcha has been found to inhibit bacterial growth (supporting kidney function) and improve bone marrow health.
Best 5 Freezing Ideas of Matcha Crepe Cake Recipe
1. Deep Freeze:
Deep Freezing is the best option for any cold-weather dish, like this crepe cake. To make deep freezing work, you need to use a lyophilizer (freeze dryer), which can be rented at most stores like Wal-Mart and Target.
The process takes 3 days and will cost you $33. You can freeze the crepe cake in prepackaged bags to minimize food waste.
You can also freeze crepes after they are done with the process to enjoy them later on. Freezing the crepe cake will probably require you to thaw it out before eating.
Thawing times vary depending on how cold your freezer is and how wet the crepe cake was when you first made it. Another important factor is how many layers/crusts are in your crepe cake.
3. Make ahead:
It is always good to prepare recipes in advance and enjoy the result days or weeks later. You can make this crepe cake recipe a few days before and freeze it. You can also freeze the crepe cake and thaw it out for a quick dessert later.
Thanks to the “Backwoods Home Magazine,” we can share this great idea of dehydrating this crepe cake.
Dehydrating is a great way to preserve food and make healthy snacks. You can make dehydrated crepe cake into chips and enjoy them with your favorite dips!
5. Make it simple:
Another great way to save time is to buy it from a store! You can check out your local Japanese restaurant or look for Maeda-en matcha crepe cake at Amazon.
Is It Healthy?
Yes, this recipe is considered very healthy. This recipe is full of antioxidants and catechins and has very low calories and carbs!
How to Store?
To store your matcha crepe cake recipe, please make sure that you completely cool down the recipe before you put it in the refrigerator.
You can store it in a covered or plastic container, and it will stay fresh for several days. Make sure to label and date the container so that you can quickly recognize what is past its expiration date if needed.
Price In Matcha Crepe Cake Recipe
The price of this recipe will depend on your ingredients and how you store them. If you are buying bottled crepe batter, then the materials for this recipe will cost about $17. Crepe batter can be purchased at Asian markets and health food stores.
Matcha Crepe Cake Recipe is a quick and easy way to make a dessert! You can use it to add the matcha flavor to your crepe cakes or any other desserts you want. If you want to learn more about matcha, check out this post: Seven Health Benefits of Matcha Tea.