The matcha castella cake recipe is one of the most famous and best dessert recipes. It is a perfect mixture of crunchy cake and soft sweet whipped cream. Using matcha green tea powder brings this cake to a whole new taste level.
Nowadays, I will share with you guys how to make a matcha castella cake recipe. The thing that makes this recipe special is the combination between both sweet and savory and the multi-level texture.
Sweet and crunchy cake goes with sweet and soft whipped cream, so it makes a huge contrast in texture. This is why this matcha castella cake recipe is unique from the others.
How To Make Matcha Castella Cake Recipe?
Preparation Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 1 hr
- 4 large eggs,
- 10.5 oz (300 g) granulated sugar,
- 1 1/2 tablespoons matcha powder,
- 1 teaspoon baking powder,
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract,
- 7 oz (200 g) all-purpose or bread flour,
- 1 ½ tbsp high-quality matcha green tea powder.
1. Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
2. Grease 10-inch (25 cm) round pan and line with parchment paper.
3. Whisk eggs, sugar, matcha powder, and baking powder in a large bowl until frothy and pale yellow.
4. Sieve the flour into the matcha mixture, then gently fold through with a spatula until well combined.
5. Pour into pan and bake for 1 hour.
6. Cool completely, then slice and serve.
Nutrition Facts Of Matcha Castella Cake Recipe
Health Benefits Of Matcha Castella Cake Recipe
1. It helps to lose weight. It is a good dessert recipe for losing weight due to its high fiber and low-calorie content.
2. It is a good breakfast recipe. This recipe will be perfect in the morning to start your day with the delicious taste of matcha castella cake.
3. It supports the immune system because this recipe uses green tea powder as its main ingredient, which can help the immune system by fighting free radicals and preventing them from our body, causing immunodeficiency diseases.
4. It has anti-cancer properties; this recipe contains green tea powder, highly rich in antioxidants.
5. It is a good comfort food recipe. When you need to eat something sweet at night, this will be your perfect choice.
6. It is a great dessert recipe for kids because its simple and healthy ingredients make it a perfect dessert recipe.
7. It can be stored for a long time, even up to a week, so you can prepare it in advance and eat it after a couple of days.
8. It is a great dessert recipe for green tea lovers. This will be your perfect choice if you are a green tea lover.
9. It is quite cheap to make at home; the ingredients used in this recipe are quite affordable.
10. It is a good dessert recipe for people living alone because you can make this recipe whenever you feel like eating dessert.
6 Amazing Serving Idea
1. This recipe can be used as an ice-cream topping. It will be a great combination with any ice-cream flavors.
2. This recipe can be served with fresh fruits such as blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries.
3. You can serve this recipe with fresh or frozen fruits.
4. You can use this recipe to freeze for later use; you can make individual portions, place them in an airtight container and freeze for later use.
5. You can use this recipe as toppings for cakes or ice cream. You can make lavender matcha cake and serve it with this cake as toppings.
6. You can use this recipe topping for pancakes, omelets, or toast.
Can I Freeze It?
Yes, you can freeze this recipe for up to several months.
Can I Make It Ahead?
Yes, you can. You can prepare and store it in the freezer for up to 2 months. Thaw it overnight in the refrigerator before serving to enjoy it at its best.
A good way to store matcha castella cake is by placing it in an airtight container and placing the leftover into the refrigerator.
How Many Calories Are In Matcha Castella Cake Recipe?
Each serving of this recipe has about 325 calories. If you make 10 servings per cake, if you make 20 servings per cake, it will be 325 calories per serving.
Does Matcha Castella Cake Recipe Have Gluten?
Yes, this recipe does.
Is Matcha Green Tea Powder Healthy?
Yes, it is. It is the healthiest tea drink with the highest quality antioxidants from all kinds of green teas. It contains less caffeine than coffee and more antioxidants than cocoa powder.
This recipe is simple to make and only takes 1 hour to prepare. This cake is also quite cheap to make at home, and you can use this as a topping for cakes, pancakes, omelets, or toast.
This recipe is so delicious, and I highly recommend you guys try this matcha castella cake recipe at home.
I hope that you guys enjoy this matcha castella cake recipe. Please share this recipe with your friends and family members if you like this recipe.
You can also find other delicious recipes on this website by exploring more pages. Don’t forget to try my other recipes listed below, and they are so good!