The Mastro’s butter cake recipe is a dessert recipe made up of layers of shredded coconut, crushed pineapple, and sponge cake with a vanilla buttercream frosting on top.
To make this recipe, you need to prepare the ingredients first. You will need eggs, sugar, all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, vegetable oil, buttermilk, and vanilla extract.
Now you are ready to mix the ingredients just until combined.
How To Make Mastro’s Butter Cake Recipe?
- 1 cup Butter Flavored Crisco
- 2 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Cups Flour
- 4 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Cream Cheese, Softened
1. Beat the sugar, shortening, Crisco, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Add in one egg at a time and beat well after adding each egg.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt, and soda
3. Add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until combined, but there should still be some lumps in the batter (do not over mix)
4. Pour into 2 greased 9″ cake pans. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
5. Cool on a rack for 10 minutes. Invert onto another rack or plate and remove the pan. Cool completely.
6. Mix the topping ingredients until smooth, then spread over one of the layers and top with the remaining layer.
7. Garnish with pineapple and coconut! Servings!
Nutritional Facts Of Mastro’s Butter Cake Recipe
|Calories from fat||142|
12 Health Benefits Of Mastro’s Butter Cake Recipe
1. The sugar content in the recipe is very low.
2. The amount of flour in the recipe is very low.
3. It can be served as a dessert or used as a main dish for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
4. The salt and soda in the recipe provide extra taste and enhance the flavor of the coconut and pineapple layers.
5. The butter flavored Crisco or vegetable oil provides a richness to taste.
6. The vanilla extract can taste any extra flavors added to the coconut and pineapple layers.
7. The cream cheese acts as a binder and decreases the juiciness of the cake while still providing enough texture to provide a moist texture.
8. The eggs provide strength to the sponge cake layers, plus they ensure that no chemical leavening agents are used in this recipe (such as baking powder, baking soda, or yeast).
9. The pineapple and coconut layers add texture, flavor, and moisture to the cake.
10. The boiling hot water mixes with the baking soda to create carbon dioxide gas during baking, providing a rise/lift to the cake.
11. The buttermilk in the recipe provides a tart taste, which enhances the sweetness of this cake recipe.
12. The food coloring is added to enhance the light yellow color of this recipe while also adding extra nutrients that are needed by our body to keep us healthy (such as iron).
Can I Freeze It?
Yes, you can freeze this recipe. This allows you to save it for a later date. I recommend that you wrap the cake in plastic wrap and then place it in a freezer bag for extra protection when freezing.
You can also freeze this whole cake but do not make the topping or frosting as this will cause the icing to go hard on the cake.
Can I Eat It On The Road?
Yes, Mastro’s butter cake recipe can be eaten on the road as transportation is not a problem due to its low weight and volume.
Is It Healthy?
Yes, it is healthy if you consume the recommended daily servings. The recipe contains low salt and sugar, so it is good for high blood pressure or sugar diabetes.
It also contains small amounts of cocoa, cornstarch, food coloring, and Crisco, which are safe to consume if you limit your intake to the recommended daily amounts.
Is It Ready In 10 Minutes?
No, it takes more than 10 minutes to prepare this recipe because it involves mixing several ingredients and baking.
Is It Good For Your Heart?
Yes, it is good for your heart as the recipe contains zero cholesterol and is low in calories.
Is It Complete?
Yes, Mastro’s butter cake recipe is complete as it contains proteins, carbohydrates, and vitamins and minerals needed by the body to function.
Mastro’s butter cake recipe is low fat, low calorie, low salt, and low sugar dessert recipe made up of layers of shredded coconut, crushed pineapple, and sponge cake with a vanilla buttercream frosting on top.
This recipe contains several essential nutrients which the body requires to function. The Mastro’s butter cake recipe is also quick to make and can be eaten by people of all ages.
Enjoy your cake!