Massaman Curry Recipe Sweet Potato is a curry that you can tailor to your personal preferences by adjusting the spices to your liking.
This recipe is a great meal-prep choice because it tastes even better after being refrigerated for a day or two, especially if you have some brown rice and tofu on hand.
What Is Massaman Curry Recipe Sweet Potato?
Massaman curry recipe sweet potato is a dish made by caramelizing the mixture of spices, curry paste, and coconut milk in coconut cream until the curry thickens.
At first glance, it kind of looks like a stew or sou at first glance, but when served with rice and side dishes, it feels like the main dish.
In some of my other articles, I mentioned that I had made this recipe in my kitchen with the same results I posted here. Have fun cooking this recipe just as I did.
How To Make Massaman Curry Recipe Sweet Potato?
- 1 pound sweet potatoes (you can also use this recipe for mashed sweet potato)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- 3 tablespoon fish sauce (I like to use Nam Pla)
- 2 tablespoon red curry paste
- 2 tablespoon Thai Sweet Chili Sauce (Satsumaya) or Sriracha (whichever you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
Peel sweet potatoes and cut them into chunks. Place them on a microwave-safe dish and microwave for about 3 to 4 minutes on high until they’re tender.
Remove the sweet potatoes and set them aside. After the sweet potatoes are out of the microwave, place the same plate back in the microwave; cover with a paper towel to soak up excess moisture extracted from the sweet potatoes.
You can now use the same plate as before to make a sauce by melting the butter and adding the remaining ingredients.
Bring everything to a boil on high heat. The sauce should thicken after about 3 minutes. Serve rice and garnish with sweet Thai chili sauce or Sriracha as desired.
- You can make this dish as spicy as you want, but it also depends on your tolerance for spice.
- If you don’t have chili sauce, brown sugar is a substitute.
- If you love making your dishes look appetizing, like me, then consider layering the ingredients with a wooden spoon instead of the usual cooking method to achieve that effect.
- Serve this dish with a side of garlic bread, fresh fruit, and your choice of veggies.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
- Prepare Time: 15 to 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 to 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 to 40 minutes
Nutrition Fact Of Massaman Curry Recipe Sweet Potato
10 Healthy Benefits Of Massaman Curry Recipe Sweet Potato
1. Low Sodium:
Unlike other curries, this one is made with coconut milk, so the sodium level is relatively low.
2. High Fiber:
Sweet potatoes are high in fiber, and this dish has the added benefit of sweet chili sauce. 3. High Protein:
This dish includes fish sauce and coconut cream, which are great sources of protein if you’re looking for something that packs a protein punch.
4. Good Source Of Iron:
Pair this dish with brown rice, and you will have an iron-rich meal.
5. Good source Of Vitamin C and Vitamin B6:
Coconut milk can’t be beaten for its vitamin C content.
Making this dish gluten-free is easy. Make sure your curry paste is gluten-free.
7. Good Source Of Calcium:
If this recipe is served with a glass of milk, it’s considered a calcium-rich meal. 8. Heart-Healthy: Sweet potatoes are high in fiber and vitamin B6, which the heart needs to be healthy. 9. Diabetic-Friendly:
People with diabetes can enjoy this dish because it represents a small portion of your daily carbohydrate intake.
10. Packed With Antioxidants:
Sweet potatoes are a good source of vitamin C and beta carotene.
Safe To Kids?
Yes, this dish tastes great with a mild sweetness. It is also a great source of protein and vitamin C, which will keep your kids healthy.
Massaman Curry Recipe Sweet Potato is a must-try recipe for everyone. It’s very easy to make, and you can adjust the spiciness to your liking.
This dish is also very versatile because it can be served as vegetarian, vegan, or gluten-free. If you have questions about this article, please post them in the comment section below, and I will get back to you as soon as possible.