Mamacitas Green Sauce Recipe is a unique spin on a classic green sauce.
The base of this recipe uses habanero peppers and cayenne pepper to increase the heat factor, letting you tantalize your taste buds with the perfect balance of spicey flavor and fire.
This sauce is not for those that can’t handle the heat, though. It’s best to cut back on the amount used if you aren’t accustomed to spicy foods.
How to make Mamacitas Green Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup green tomatillos
- 2 cups onion, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 fresh jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 1lb. green chilies (or 2 1/2oz.), stemmed and roughly chopped- If you are using more than two smaller chilies, do not remove the seeds; it will be too hot for some people)
- 1.35 lb. tomato sauce ( I use homemade sauce here)
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Heat the oil in a large, heavy pan over medium-low heat. When hot, add chilies and cook for about 1 minute until the chilies begin to change color.
2. Add tomatoes and cook for 7 minutes until thickened.
3. Add onion and garlic and cook for about 1 minute until the onion is translucent but not browned.
4. Add habaneros and cayenne pepper to taste and stir regularly during cooking time.
5. Add tomatillos and the rest of the ingredients to the pot and simmer for 10 minutes.
Use this sauce immediately or refrigerate in a covered container until needed. It will keep for several days in the refrigerator.
Mamacitas Green Sauce Recipe can be enjoyed as a dip or used as an ingredient in other dishes, like enchiladas, burritos, chilaquiles, etc.
Nutrition facts of Mamacitas Green Sauce Recipe
|Calories from fat||6%|
|Saturated Fat||0 grams|
5 Healthy Nutrition of Mamacitas Green Sauce Recipe
1. Antioxidant benefits
Tomatillos are rich in antioxidants; these substances help fight free radicals that damage the body’s cells.
2. Detoxifying benefits
Tomatillos aid in flushing the digestive system, which improves overall health and aids in flushing out harmful toxins from the body.
3. Cholesterol-lowering benefits
Tomatillos contain Beta-glucanase, which helps break down fatty acids and cholesterol in the body, decreasing your risk of heart disease while increasing HDL cholesterol levels.
4. Reducing inflammation benefits
Tomatillos are a great source of antioxidant flavonols, which help reduce inflammation throughout the body.
5. Helps prevent and fight cancer
Tomatillos are rich in vitamins B6 and C, which are beneficial for fighting cancer.
Is It Suitable For Diabetic Patients?
Yes, it is. It has no sugar and carbs, but it has a little starch. It is low in sodium content, so people suffering from high blood pressure and heart disease can benefit from this recipe.
Tomatillos don’t cause blood sugar spikes because they are a low-glycemic fruit, making it easier to tolerate for those with diabetes.
Is This Recipe Halal?
Yes and no. If you substitute any halal ingredients with kosher/kashrut and store it in a sealed container, you will follow the halal way of cooking.
How To Store Mamacitas Green Sauce Recipe?
Store the sauce in an airtight container and refrigerate for 10 days. Lay a sheet of waxed paper over the surface of the finished sauce to prevent skin from forming on top.
How Long Is The Mamacitas Green Sauce Recipe Good For?
Mamacitas Green Sauce Recipe can be refrigerated in airtight containers for 10 days.
Is Mamacitas Green Sauce Recipe suitable for anyone on a weight-loss diet?
Yes, it is. It contains just 6 grams of carbohydrates, which is less than the number of carbs in a cup of beans. It is low in calories and high in fiber content, making it a great addition to any weight-loss diet.
Is Mamacitas Green Sauce Recipe gluten-free?
Mamacitas Green Sauce Recipe contains no gluten ingredients, making it gluten-free upon preparation.
Is Mamacitas Green Sauce Recipe Kosher?
Yes and no. If you substitute any halal ingredients with kosher and store them in a sealed container, you will follow the halal way of cooking.
According to Jewish dietary laws, make sure to read the ingredients list to ensure that the product is not made with anything permissible.
The Bottom Line
Mamacitas Green Sauce Recipe is a fantastic dip to have at home or on the go. It can be used as a chunky side to any meal you are preparing,
or it can be made into enchiladas, burritos, etc. It’s incredibly delicious and benefits all kinds of health conditions.