Madonna inn pink champagne cake recipe is a light and airy cake that features pink Champagne as the main ingredient that provides light acidity based on the recipe. It is perfect for a small gathering of people due to making twelve cakes of this size!
The Mandy made this cake of Mommy’s Home Cooking, a Maryland native. She credits her daughter, Taylor, with the idea of using pink Champagne in this recipe and coming up with the name of her blog, ‘Mommy’s Home Cooking.’
Madonna inn pink champagne cake recipe is made from scratch. It does not feature any packaged goods or store-bought boxed cake mix. The recipe below is for half of a recipe for twelve cakes.
What Is A Madonna Cake?
Madonna cake is a classic Italian sweet bread that originated in Southern Italy and has been made for centuries.
However, it is commonly associated with the coastal area of Puglia, the Italian region where it originated from.
This cake has a distinctive signature shape and flavor of the region and boasts many different variations.
How To Make Madonna Inn Pink Champagne Cake Recipe?
Preparation time: 25 min
Baking time: 12 min
Yield: 12 cakes
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 package chocolate cake mix
- 1/3 cup pink Champagne or dry sparkling wine, divided
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk; not low fat ok
- 4 egg whites, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup hot water (not boiling)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. (Madonna Inn offers a 1 lb. box of fresh extracts that could be used as an alternative to oils and alcohols, but I recommend using the alcohol method for best results.)
1. The water for mixing in with the cake mix will be added after mixing the eggs because the egg whites are fragile.
2. The hot water, oil, and vanilla extract will be added after adding the flour to avoid making the egg whites and flour into a paste.
3. Mix cake mix, 1/3 cup champagne, 2 tablespoons buttermilk, and 4 egg whites in a large bowl with a mixer on medium speed until well blended.
4. Add 1 teaspoon flour, baking powder, and salt; beat on low speed until blended. (don’t overmix) Scrape sides of bowl occasionally while mixing batter.
5. Place pecans in a medium bowl. Sift 2 teaspoons flour over the nuts, tossing to coat lightly. Fold in nuts with a large spatula until mixed well. Add to batter, folding gently until mixed well.
6. Divide batter evenly into 12 greased and floured paper-lined or wax-papered muffin cups (1/2 cup of batter each).
7. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees oven for 24 to 28 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden and the tops spring back when gently touched. Cool in pan for at least 10 minutes.
When cakes are completely cool, remove from pan and place on a wire rack to finish cooling. The pink champagne cake recipe can be served warm or cold.
Nutrition Facts Of Madonna Inn Pink Champagne Cake Recipe
|Saturated fat||2 g|
Health Benefits Of Madonna Inn Pink Champagne Cake Recipe
1. Pink Champagne is a great substitute for alcoholic beverages. It comes from the same family of grapes as white wine and red wine and contains the same flavanoids.
2. Pink Champagne is a great drink for women who want to lose weight since it contains no calories and negligible fat content, but it does have a little cholesterol.
3. Pink Champagne is rich in sodium, so it is good for women on a diet to lose weight due to its lack of fat, but it does contain salt.
4. Pink champaign is rich in calcium, so it is good for women who are pregnant or trying to conceive since the mineral helps build strong bones and teeth and increase metabolism.
5. Pink Champagne is rich in carbohydrates, so it is good for women who want to lose weight since it contains no fat and minimal calories, but it also has a little cholesterol.
6. Pink Champagne is rich in antioxidants and vitamins, so it is good for women who want to improve their physical appearance by preventing wrinkles due to aging.
What Is Pink Champagne?
Pink Champagne is actually two wines blended to create a special sparkling wine popular in Victorian England before World War.
The blending of the wines was accomplished by placing the pink Champagne and the Champagne in a small barrel. The pink Champagne is produced by mixing red and white wines, keeping the winemakers secret.
This blend created a sparkling wine that had a pale color, making it similar to Champagne, but still with a stronger color which made it look pink when it was finished. In addition, this wine had fruitier aromas that were more apparent than those found in Champagne.
What Is Pink Champagne Cake Made Of?
The pink champagne cake is made using pink Champagne as the main ingredient. This recipe also features an almond meal, which turns almonds into a fine powder for baking.
This cake should not use plain ground almonds instead of almond flour. Almond flour is a popular choice for those with celiac disease because it can be substituted for gluten products and will stand up well to most additions made to recipes containing it.
Why Is It Called Pink Champagne Cake?
The pink champagne cake was named this because it contains pink Champagne in the recipe. Most of the ingredients found in this cake are similar to those in other types of cakes.
The color comes from using pink Champagne, which makes it stand out from other types of cakes. The inclusion of almond meals provides a soft and moist texture, so the cake will not have a dry consistency like other cakes tend to have as they age.
The pink champagne cake is a special dessert that can be easily made by following a few simple steps and substituting the alcohol in the recipe with pink Champagne. This way, the alcohol will evaporate off, making it safe for underage people to taste and enjoy as well.
If you want to more information, please comment below!!
Thanks for reading this article.